Finally got to use my Dynaplug : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

flh120 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Finally had to use my Dynaplug. Updated

About 4 years or so ago I got a flat out in BFE and had to drive 20+ miles to get within cell phone range. Next was the hour and a half wait for the truck. Because I put in so many miles on lonely back roads I decided to buy a tire repair kit. I was drawn to the dynaplug ( http://www.dynaplug.com/ ) because of its tiny size. The entire kit, not counting co2 cartridges, is about the size of a co2 cartridge. I always meant to try it out on an old tire before pulling it but of course I never got around to it. So yesterday I got a flat about 30 miles from home. Time to figure out this dynaplug. It actually did a pretty fair job. It took two plugs to get a good seal but after about 15 minutes it was ridable again. Just checked the tire pressure and it did loose about 2 pounds overnight but hey, I made it home.

Last edited by flh120; 07-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.
flh120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Greg_E wants to know Dino or Syn?
That little metal tip on the end of the plug cord would certainly make it easier to install. I just have a TireSlime plug kit, I've used it many times on car tires and had good success as long as I ream the hole good enough.

Something similar to this but it came in a little plastic box that I added a cheapo visegrip and razor blade. https://shop.slime.com/products/delu...nt=47566683656
Old 06-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

If I had the room in my tool bag I would probably gone with a more traditional fiber or rubber plug kit. When I had my service station years ago I used them all the time with great success. My main reason for choosing the dynaplug was because it would fit so easily into my tool bag. I attached a photo to show the small size of the kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2722.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	245908  

Last edited by flh120; 06-27-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Greg_E wants to know Dino or Syn?
My only concern is that the plugs seem very small, they may not seal up that sheetrock screw hole. But then again, I have a touring bike with all three storage spaces, plus two more in the front lowers, so I have plenty of room for something bigger. If I was trying to put something in my Buell, I would need to go with the Dynaplugs system, no real room under the seat.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

tall terry is still riding a stock bike tall terry is still riding a stock bike
I kept a standard automotive plug kit,,, reamer installer, and plugs in my lower pouch on the down tubes.. plus other parts and supplies,,, the fork bag has all the tools necessary to do all but a major repair..
using a standard size plug insures it will seal...
tall terry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

If you watch their demo they actually seal up holes made with 20 penny nails. for me the reason for carrying it is size. It's not necessarily the best tool but it's small enough that I had it with me and I made it home. It's not perfectly sealed as I am loosing about 2lbs a day. To be fair though, if I had gotten some practice with the Dynaplug first (which I really meant to do) I might have done a better job. After two days it still has enough air to ride on and I did make it home which is always a good first step.

Last edited by flh120; 06-28-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

After I got the wheel pulled I I drove in a couple of nails and did some practice tries with my dynaplug. I never could get it to completely seal even under garage conditions. However, it is fast and easy to use. Also even though I still had some very slow leakage I could still easily have ridden 100+ miles before having to add air. So my final call on this tool is that it might not actually "fix" your tire but it'll definitely get you home. Of course your results may differ from mine.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is still riding a stock bike Uncle Salty is still riding a stock bike
Good to know. Thanks for the followup.
Uncle Salty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in