Victory-HD - Page 10 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Non-HD V-Twin Motorcycle Discussion > Victory Motorcycles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #136 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 is still riding a stock bike smitty901 is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyone View Post
I've wonder how long it will be before Polaris drops the Indian line, or if it will. I've only seen a hand full of Indians on the road around here.

Would it be a good move for HD to pick up the Injun line of bikes??
Enough haters of HD around to sell some Indians to those that can afford them. I Saw a 2017 Indian traded in at HD dealership two weeks ago. Indian sales are up 16% but that's not hard to do when you start at zero.
I made the mistake of buying a Polaris ATV in 2013. From day one it did not run right Of course Polaris basically said warranty does not cover that.
Son in law and a friend of his both have Polaris 4 wheeler's the bigger ones . Both have blown engines and are not that old.
Polaris seems to claim they were not meant for off road use.
Seems water and mud can enter intake. funny dealer already had a full parts list of what was need to rebuild it. Seems they seen it often.
Warranty issue was one of the major problems Victory had.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #137 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Nickolas_ wants to know Dino or Syn?
Can't stand the looks of any Victory bikes. I do like their engine designs but the bikes themselves just dont tickle my fancy. I'd never buy a new bike it isn't something I've ever done or will do. I search for older ones with certain features that I like. Reason i have an 01 for the forged steel crank, bearings and tighter crank run out spec. Might not matter to some but to me it does . I wouldn't buy a used Victory either they just have no appeal to me in any way shape or form. A lot of Harley bashers yes but I do all of my own work so it's therapy and self gratification for me working on my ride. Harley has the look, feel and sound and suits me well. An older Indian would work as well but that's about it for my choice in bikes. I prefer old school kick start or earlier but as I get older creature comforts are nice. Anyway that's how I feel about the subject...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Nickolas_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 09:09 PM   #138 (permalink)
IronButt

pb68slab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
Warranty issue was one of the major problems Victory had.
Victory/Polaris dealers were the major problem. Most did not want to be motorcycle dealers. They didn't know or care about road bikes or riders. The 2 big , long-time Polaris dealers I knew regarded the Victory line as one big money-losing pain in the ass. They also said they lost money on warranty work , so they tended to just tell customers their problems weren't covered and they had to pay.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #139 (permalink)
IronButt

Went past a few Victory/Polaris/ we sell anything dealers on this last trip.
Signs say Make offer
Half price on new motorcycles
Make offer
We finance anyone
Motoly Fool is cranking out the HD hate spam as fast as they can. Hoping Indian recovers what they lost on Victory. Polaris still sucks.
Son inlaw and a friend have the same Polaris ATV side by sides. Both blown engines. Almost new. Polaris response. Don't go off road with them your fault. No warranty.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #140 (permalink)
IronButt

pb68slab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Had some time to kill so I stopped in an Indian dealership. Was told they already sold more bikes in 2yrs than Polaris did in 10yrs.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #141 (permalink)
IronButt

What is this Victory motorcycle I hear about . They are coming up for sale a lot. Are they some cool bike from years ago forced out of business, because they were to good .
Rumor is they are better than Harley or Indian combined.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #142 (permalink)
IronButt

casement wants to know Dino or Syn?
The boomer customer base are dying of old age and already have full garages. Ugly chopper-fad styling sold Victorys until the Recession smashed a lot of old guy toy budgets. Those same guys will be dead in a few years and pedestrians before then.

HD will survive but I'd love to see someone like John Bloor take it over. Bloor did an epic job rescuing Triumph from the dead while producing profitable sport bikes (Harley are congenitally incompetent at diversification and their failure list is long and distinguished) and legacy machine based on the 6T and Bonneville styling. The current marketroids piddling with electric bikes will IMO be early adopters just in time to get steamrollered by EV tech progress. Maybe they'll have speakers playing Panhead exhaust notes for the cosplayer market.
casement is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #143 (permalink)
IronButt

Willyone is still riding a stock bike Willyone is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by casement View Post
The boomer customer base are dying of old age and already have full garages. Ugly chopper-fad styling sold Victorys until the Recession smashed a lot of old guy toy budgets. Those same guys will be dead in a few years and pedestrians before then.

HD will survive but I'd love to see someone like John Bloor take it over. Bloor did an epic job rescuing Triumph from the dead while producing profitable sport bikes (Harley are congenitally incompetent at diversification and their failure list is long and distinguished) and legacy machine based on the 6T and Bonneville styling. The current marketroids piddling with electric bikes will IMO be early adopters just in time to get steamrollered by EV tech progress. Maybe they'll have speakers playing Panhead exhaust notes for the cosplayer market.
Funny you mention Triumph. I've been considering/think'n about a Triumph Rocket. Only thing holding me back is lack of dealer network.

Rocket Man
Willyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #144 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb68slab View Post
Had some time to kill so I stopped in an Indian dealership. Was told they already sold more bikes in 2yrs than Polaris did in 10yrs.
I would seriously check those facts. Indian sales did go up . Not hard to go up from zero. But theyare not doing that great. Of course Motley fool wants you to think so. They have some major digging out to do.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in