Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Motorcycle Related NON-TECHNICAL Discussion > V-Twin Forum News
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

2015RK wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinFather View Post
How often has anyone here had a flat tire? picked up a nail in one (let alone two as mentioned in that waste-of-time article)?

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but I've never heard of that on a bike, maybe I'm just lucky.
I have had 3 that I remember. Always carry a can of Fix-a-Flat and a plug kit and air pump.
2015RK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

2015RK wants to know Dino or Syn?
the groups I ride in are pretty good about this. Ride staggered at least 2 seconds apart.
2015RK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG :)

noangel2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Oh the humility of it all. I don't ride to eat, but eat I must after taking my blood pressure pill. One day you will join the old farts club and take pills to stay alive.
Watch them at the restaurant as they sneak those little pills after they eat. It is no fun taking pills , but it is better than the alternative.

I have been on blood pressure and diabetes meds for about 20 years , like you said better to take pills than to " expire "
noangel2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

pb68slab wants to know Dino or Syn?
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodyne View Post
1) People
2) People
3) People
4) People
5) People
6) Road Construction
7) People
8) Traffic
9) People
10) Weather
Correctamundo!!!

If it's not somebody acting like a jackass and drawing the attention of John Law , who pulls EVERYONE over , and finds 1 or 2 who don't have their stuff squared away , and now ya gotta help these nitwits get their bikes home.

Or the same idiot with the same issues on the same bike that screwed us up last week.

Used to ride with more of those clowns than I wanted to. Most of them are dead now. I have 1 bro I've been riding with for 30yrs.

Rode with a guy we called "2-buck Chuck". Always had to pull over for gas because he only put 2-bucks worth in at a time.

And nobody takes "meet at 9:00 sharp seriously. The show up , one by one , and since we're waiting for what's his name , let's have a coffee , or a beer. So by the time everyone finally shows up , a few are now legally drunk and the coffee drinkers gotta take a dump!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

hdrider82 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodyne View Post
There is prolly a mathematical formula that could be applied.

But the larger the group, the more often you'll need to stop. And the longer the stops will take. Got BoB's? You'll prolly stop more often and for even longer.
???? What is a BoB's???

ALBERT EINSTEIN

2003 fxstsi
117"
Stuff
Stuff
More stuff
Built by me
hdrider82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

captainhook455 is reading this now saying WTF is this? captainhook455 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Sorry I don't have the urge to take a dump after drinking coffee, but can pee 15' straight out. Once I puked about 40' as I hung over a rail on a overpass.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Settertude is still riding a stock bike Settertude is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrider82 View Post
???? What is a BoB's???
Babe on Back

https://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com

Itís not the sharp corner, itís what might be coming the other way.

2017 Ultra Limited 'Black Quartz'
Settertude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

hdrider82 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
Babe on Back
I miss that!!! Not very often I get a good backrest.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

2003 fxstsi
117"
Stuff
Stuff
More stuff
Built by me
hdrider82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

Settertude is still riding a stock bike Settertude is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrider82 View Post
I miss that!!! Not very often I get a good backrest.
There ya go.

Multi-purpose items are the best.

https://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com

Itís not the sharp corner, itís what might be coming the other way.

2017 Ultra Limited 'Black Quartz'
Settertude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

Veglia Borletti wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've never had a good time on a group ride. Just follow along and people get ticked if you pass. You can't talk to anyone while you're riding and what's the point anyway if you're not riding?

I'm kind of a loaner, I guess. I just head out by m'self.
Veglia Borletti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Sgt.Sully wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've never ridden with a group, except on dirt bikes, and we always broke them. But this post brought more commets than any other on this thread. I will continue to ride alone. I'm older and don't want to keep up any way. no place to go and all day to get there.
Sgt.Sully is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Brand'd wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Oh the humility of it all. I don't ride to eat, but eat I must after taking my blood pressure pill. One day you will join the old farts club and take pills to stay alive.
Watch them at the restaurant as they sneak those little pills after they eat. It is no fun taking pills , but it is better than the alternative.
Oh don't worry, I already am in the Old Farts Club and have now more pills than I can carry to the nightstand. And I'm one of those weird diabetics that has to eat something every couple of hours or I start shakin so bad I could make you a milkshake just by holding the cup.
I tell everyone when me and my buddy Jesus got done makin dirt we rode our scoots around the Sick Sea before she died!
I used to ride with a group that all they wanted to do was ride to breakfast, then ride to lunch, and then ride to dinner! Each stop was at least 2hrs. Then they wanted to bake cookies and have a picnic! I'm gone. All I want to do is ride man!
Brand'd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

captainhook455 is reading this now saying WTF is this? captainhook455 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand'd View Post
Oh don't worry, I already am in the Old Farts Club and have now more pills than I can carry to the nightstand. And I'm one of those weird diabetics that has to eat something every couple of hours or I start shakin so bad I could make you a milkshake just by holding the cup.
I tell everyone when me and my buddy Jesus got done makin dirt we rode our scoots around the Sick Sea before she died!
I used to ride with a group that all they wanted to do was ride to breakfast, then ride to lunch, and then ride to dinner! Each stop was at least 2hrs. Then they wanted to bake cookies and have a picnic! I'm gone. All I want to do is ride man!
That is the club that you and I both belong to now. This is the hottest touring bunch of folks on the net. Camp or stay in hotels this bunch enjoy the open road and don't worry about any particular model to do it with. After getting the second chance I try to live whats left to the fullest. I am sure you agree. Thanks for your story. Makes me feel good.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
FNG :)

JimB1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Solo is best.

Group, max is 3, somehow things way different when group is 4+.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in