Dealer choose to lose my business today : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Discussion Groups > Riders Gear: Clothing & Accessories
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

tberry wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dealer choose to lose my business today

Bought a matte black modular harley helmet couple months ago from my local dealer High Country Harley Davidson in Frederick CO.Helmet is made by HJC anyway the visor fogs up so bad you cant see anything before I even make it of my driveway and while wearing a half face mask so im not even breathing on the visor.Only worn it twice to work and back like 15 mins each way.Long story short they offered to order me a scorpion at a discount.Hum 220 for the harley and another 200 for the scorpion so like 400 for a helmet no thanks.I know its there right not to take it back but I said nice and calm Ill never buy anything here again after spending prob $17 to $18 thousand dollars there in all.I even called MOCO to bitch but they said theres nothing they could do as far as an independant dealer and returns on apperal and such and I understand 100% but took the statement anyway.But the dealer gave me a couple of good tips though only wear it in the summer or give it to the passenger they dont need to see anything.So I guess the old saying is true hitem once and hitem hard.Just thinks its sad to loose a customer over a pos $200.00 helmet.
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

scotter wants to know Dino or Syn?
I understand your frustration, but the dealers by me Harley or otherwise all have a no return policy on helmets. The one has a couple of signs stating their policy, and they ask and make certain you have a good fit before you pay for it. As for the fogging I cannot see any full face helmet not fogging up in the cold except a snowmobile helmet with the nose exhaust diverter vents.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Scorpion helmets dont thats why I mentioned them in the post they put a coating on most of the shields and they dont fog.My 10 year old one still doesnt i have actually had water (condensation) running down the inside of the shield but it still didnt fog up.Live and learn I guess

Old 04-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

dirtybrain is reading this now saying WTF is this? dirtybrain is reading this now saying WTF is this?
The shields should be coated; but try rain-x or a fog preventer like Cat Crap. You're stuck with the helmet - might as well do what you can to use it.
dirtybrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

yeah I thought of that but didnt want to put anything on it in case of returning but now I will try or sell it on Flea bay.LOL
Old 04-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

scotter wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tberry View Post
Scorpion helmets dont thats why I mentioned them in the post they put a coating on most of the shields and they dont fog.My 10 year old one still doesnt i have actually had water (condensation) running down the inside of the shield but it still didnt fog up.Live and learn I guess

I was not aware of that, wow thats some good stuff. I meant no disrespect, I reread my post and it may have sounded that way, sorry.

Last edited by scotter; 04-28-2017 at 07:50 PM.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

autoworker wants to know Dino or Syn?
I would complain to the helmet manufacturer not the retailer.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

vonh12 wants to know Dino or Syn?
We used to use a shampoo/water mix on hockey helmet visors years ago.Not sure if that applies today on a bike visor. I also like autoworkers answer too a lot.
vonh12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this? Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Yeah, I am with Autoworker on this one, but if I was the dealer I would try to help you with the shield, I am sure someone at the dealer must have experience with a fogging solution
Ported heads
SE 203 Cams
Fueling Camplate and Pump
Fueling lifters
S&S Quickie Pushrods
Red Shift Hyd Tensioners
HRS 42 Mikuni Carb
DTT Ignition
Ultima 6 speed OD Transmission
Barnett Clutch
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 08:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Expat in CH is reading this now saying WTF is this?
As stated above.
Try some Rain-X anti fog on the inside of the lens and rain-X waterproof on the outside of the lens/shield.

That's what I use on my riding goggles and even sunglasses. It seems to work IF you do it right and follow the directions. Available in nearly any auto parts store.

another $10 to see if you can salvage the helmet.
If not, use it on your car it really makes the water bead up and roll off nice on the windshield.
St. Francis of Assisi
Expat in CH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

speedfoos wants to know Dino or Syn?
Give this a try. Not a fan of RainX. Been using Cat Crap for years and love it. Unless a visor is treated it will fog. Physics.

http://ekusa.com/product-category/cat-crap/

| PHOTOS |
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

No worries Scotter
Old 04-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Yeah think Ill try the rain-X.HJC does offer what they call an anti-fog visor for some models including that one but its like a tear off that goes on the inside of the visor.3 things I question about trying to use that.1 whats the chances of getting it on nice and flush with no wrinkles per say.2 wonder how it looks looking through it like distortion and 3 whats gonna happen to the visor if it starts to peel off then you pull it off is the inside of the visor gonna be all jacked up.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Alan S just installed tassels Alan S just installed tassels Alan S just installed tassels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat in CH View Post
Try some Rain-X anti fog on the inside of the lens and rain-X waterproof on the outside of the lens/shield.
I've never had any luck using RainX on plastic shields. Now I only use it on glass.

Rules read.
Alan S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

I see rain-x makes some for plastics will give that a try and they also have some no fog stuff which looks like its for inside of glass and or inside the home may grab that as well.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in