V-Twin Forum banner

Any pastors among us?

21K views 135 replies 38 participants last post by  Gunny4Sawx 
#1 ·
Hi All!!

I was just wondering how many pastors/religious leaders we might have perusing the site.

Be great to get something going.

As for me--Lutheran Pastor located in Columbia, S.C.

Love to ride.

'03 Fatboy

Let's heear from each other.

God bless,

#40 ·
I have read 2 stories years back, so can't support facts by google.

One was that the old testament was written in Greek and the new was in Hebrew. Thus not just anyone could actually read the Bible, so this is where the Catholic Priest come in to the picture by reading it and translating the language to believers, but the problem was you had to trust the Priest and accusations were that the Priest were not educating everything in the bible, only what helped them to "lets say live above all" This is where the KJB written in English came about and the punishment for doing so, because the Catholics did not want the whole truth to be known which contradicts what they wanted to teach.

The other version I read starts off as the same as in what Language the Bible was originally written in, but that when the KJB was being printed, the Catholics believed writing the Bible in another language other than the original was Blaspheme, reason why the punishments for doing so were put in place at first.

Truth be by the media right now is The Russians had something to do with it:265:

#41 ·
My understanding is the King James is translated from the Latin. Thus there are many “lazy translations” meaning the ideas are translated not the exact meaning.
The New American Standard is a more accurate “word for word” translation. For example the Greek has many words for love etc. The NAS translates the type and degree of the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 ·
I personally prefer the New World Translation as a more accurate translation. Jehovah's Witnesses use this one and while I'm not JW I have spent some time with many of them and the faithful Witnesses are not at all the whack jobs they're made out to be. Like any bunch they have their hypocrites and I've known a few but those that are true are some of the nicest and most generous people you'll ever meet. I used to talk to a guy years ago that was a Witness and for over 3 years I tried to trip this guy up and find some contradiction in what he would talk about but never could.

#78 ·
I lived in Peru for a few years when I was stationed at Grissom AFB. Good thing there was an airport nearby to hang out at because there wasn't much to do in that area. There were 4 bars in town that I remember. One I knew the owner and she ran a tight ship. Fun place if you weren't there to start sh!t. One was owned by some guy that was around 70 and most of the patrons were locals of around the same age. His wife was maybe 50's and would hang out at a bar across the street from her husband's place because she said his bar was boring. She was quite the character and spent most of her time hitting on young AF guys and getting dragged out by a couple of her friends just as she was about to 'close the deal'. Another was a dive where everyone wanted to kick your ass if you went in there dressed in anything not resembling homeless. A couple of us stopped in there one night wearing suits after attending a formal gathering and got accused of being undercover cops with nearly everyone wanting to wail on us.

The good thing was I lived within crawling distance of a the railroad worker's dorm and they had a pretty decent all night cafe' in there that did a pretty good breakfast. Between the railroad folks and the drunken townsfolk they had a good business going.

#85 ·
Grissom has been decommissioned, as I imagine you know. It's about an hour NE of me. Most of Indiana is the same flat terrain from my place to Michigan. Southern Indiana is more interesting in terms of riding. I seem to remember that the last glacier stopped just south of Indianapolis, so there is actual diversity of terrain down south.

#130 ·
I am the pastor of a rural Nazarene church in Central Illinois

#133 ·
I went to a church that everyone wore long sleeves and the women wore floor length dresses with long sleeves no jewelry.

I've gone to churches where all sang and church was like a party.

One I couldn't hear the preacher even with amplification. What the preacher believes is embraced by the congregation. A preacher, priest or rabbi are like professors in front of a lecture hall. Teaching the history of the Bible.

There are 350,000 Southern Baptist and 7 billion Muslims on the planet yet the SB claims all the other religions are wrong. They may be right.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.