» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums
New User? Register Forgot Password

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums (https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussion (https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone for a road trip. (https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/541644-anyone-road-trip.html)

captainhook455 04-09-2019 10:30 AM

Anyone for a road trip.
 
So a friend on another forum not bike related although no subject is off limits posted this picture and it got me thinking. It happens.

I know Smitty is going to Gatlinburg and another is going from E TN to the west. Buff and his buddy I will see in a couple weeks in Cherokee. I'll post a thread, but it will be a as it happens type. Where we are staying at the cabins the only signal to be had is txing. No audio. That is done in Cherokee at breakfast.

One of my grandsons is going he has a police road king. Of course his honey of a wife is going. They have their own cabin.shucks.

Anyways I was wondering what other glorious trips are out there that members are having. How about you guys in other countries? You ever go anywhere and take pictures too?

I would like to see pics of Australia, doubtful that I will go being 65 I have enough to do here yet. Then there's that guy in S Africa, Germany, the Netherlands. Gawd there is a bunch of us.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65aa7ee137.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...39874f91da.jpg

tarheel

jammer45u 04-09-2019 11:41 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Key West
Key Largo
GNee and the girls, St. Patrick’s Day, Orlando
Antique boat and seaplane show, Mt. Dora
Broken Spoke, Bike Week 2019

FishinFather 04-09-2019 12:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Work and family health issues have really cut into my "hoped for" rides but I am still planning / hoping for the June-July ride.

Plan: Leave FL June 27. Ride part of the Blue Ridge Parkway June 28. Complete run to Schroon Lake, NY June 29. Spend the first week of July in Schroon Lake area. See photos of where I'll be staying attached. :shout:

Leave Schroon Lake area around July 7, ride NH, and perhaps VT and ME. Head back to FL ideally July 12 for work on Monday July 15.

cwilks 04-09-2019 01:26 PM

Leaving the 24th of this month for the Kickstand Lodge in Robbinsville, NC. for a get together with a bunch of friends

choochmalooch 04-09-2019 03:32 PM

I'm leaving at the beginning of June for one last work assignment in Poland. Probably be there until Feb/Mar 2020. That said the Mrs has me on a short leash when it comes to my riding. Day trips are OK, doing one of my disappearing acts is out of the question. This year is going to be a "SUCK" year for riding. I'm retiring in 2020 and then I plan on disappearing out west for a few months, like May - Aug. Probably head home after I see opening weekend at Sturgis.

FishinFather 04-10-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choochmalooch (Post 5882120)
I'm leaving at the beginning of June for one last work assignment in Poland. Probably be there until Feb/Mar 2020. That said the Mrs has me on a short leash when it comes to my riding. Day trips are OK, doing one of my disappearing acts is out of the question. This year is going to be a "SUCK" year for riding. I'm retiring in 2020 and then I plan on disappearing out west for a few months, like May - Aug. Probably head home after I see opening weekend at Sturgis.

Ouch, 8-9 month assignment?

I hope you and the Mrs enjoy some nice rides and quality time before you leave. Not to be too personal but does she get to go or at least visit?

Gotta say your retirement plan sounds great.

captainhook455 04-10-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishinFather (Post 5882204)
Ouch, 8-9 month assignment?



I hope you and the Mrs enjoy some nice rides and quality time before you leave. Not to be too personal but does she get to go or at least visit?



Gotta say your retirement plan sounds great.

Hey Chooch is loaded he can rent a bike while he is there.

tarheel

choochmalooch 04-11-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishinFather (Post 5882204)
Ouch, 8-9 month assignment?

I hope you and the Mrs enjoy some nice rides and quality time before you leave. Not to be too personal but does she get to go or at least visit?

Gotta say your retirement plan sounds great.

The Mrs. don't ride. She also respects the fact that bike time is "Me" time.
So far they are just plans. Turning them into reality will make them great.

Settertude 04-11-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwilks (Post 5882108)
Leaving the 24th of this month for the Kickstand Lodge in Robbinsville, NC. for a get together with a bunch of friends

Have a great ride, Blackie.

captainhook455 04-11-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwilks (Post 5882108)
Leaving the 24th of this month for the Kickstand Lodge in Robbinsville, NC. for a get together with a bunch of friends

We will be up that way until the 28th. If you see me on the trike I know you don't wave, but you can at least shoot me the bird and I will know it is you.[emoji481]

tarheel

choochmalooch 04-11-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainhook455 (Post 5882326)
We will be up that way until the 28th. If you see me on the trike I know you don't wave, but you can at least shoot me the bird and I will know it is you.[emoji481]

tarheel

Is that the "New" VTwin Forum Greeting?:laugh::laugh:

FishinFather 04-12-2019 10:07 AM

East South Carolina?
 
I may take a short weekend trip to South Carolina, sort of a shakedown before the long one this summer.

Any interest by anyone meeting up someplace near Moncks Corner, Lake Moultrie, or Francis Marion National Forest?

End of April, mid-May perhaps?

Any recommendations for lodging or day rides in that area?

Just brainstorming and itching to ride some more.

captainhook455 04-12-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishinFather (Post 5882464)
I may take a short weekend trip to South Carolina, sort of a shakedown before the long one this summer.



Any interest by anyone meeting up someplace near Moncks Corner, Lake Moultrie, or Francis Marion National Forest?



End of April, mid-May perhaps?



Any recommendations for lodging or day rides in that area?



Just brainstorming and itching to ride some more.

Gee whiz that is almost 60 miles away. You staying in a motel or fish camp?

tarheel

FishinFather 04-12-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainhook455 (Post 5882486)
Gee whiz that is almost 60 miles away. You staying in a motel or fish camp?

tarheel

Depends on the company and such... fish camp sounds great but I was hoping to ride... side of the road even if need be.

Just tossing the idea out there, looking for feedback.

cwilks 04-12-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Settertude (Post 5882324)
Have a great ride, Blackie.

I will....thanks Sett.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(C)2001-2012 V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(C)2001-2012 V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved (C)2001- V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum strong>Kawasaki Z125 Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Honda Africa Twin Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Victory Charger Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
BMW Scrambler Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum