» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums
New User? Register Forgot Password

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums (https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/)
-   Motorcycle Rider Safety Tips (https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/motorcycle-rider-safety-tips/)
-   -   Earplugs (https://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/motorcycle-rider-safety-tips/186784-earplugs.html)

HarleyLance 04-13-2011 09:29 AM

Earplugs

Anyone find earplugs that are a happy medium between sound reduction (particularly whistling) and comfort? I use hearos, but I am so isolated that I don't really "feel there" when riding. Plus I start to hear the sound inside my head (could be the voices :) ). Maybe it's a trade off, but was wondering your thoughts. Thanks.

speedfoos 04-13-2011 09:56 AM

Good, bad or indifferent, I use the the earphones that came with my Samsung phone and rock out to music on the bike. Cuts down the exhaust crack a bit, gets some tunes in my head and I can still hear most everything going on around me.

Probably not the advice you're looking for, but it works for me.

HarleyLance 04-13-2011 11:11 AM

Thanks speedfoos. This is a possibility for me. I was thinking of low level music via my MP3 player might help.

speedfoos 04-13-2011 11:14 AM

Honestly, it works on the same theory as noise canceling headphones. One noise cancels out another. Except in this case, the noise doing the canceling is music.

diggerwolf 04-13-2011 11:45 AM

FWIW, I wear foam earplugs when on particularly long rides - say from Dallas to Sturgis for example. The wind noise just gets to be too much with a half helmet.

Big-G 04-13-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggerwolf (Post 1942934)
FWIW, I wear foam earplugs when on particularly long rides - say from Dallas to Sturgis for example. The wind noise just gets to be too much with a half helmet.

Yup. Me too. I like the sound of the bike, but the wind becomes unbearable after a few hours on the bike.

jackfrank 06-10-2019 02:07 PM

Yes, I am finding earplugs for you. When I was searching on google then I found a lot of earplugs, there is a lot of variation of them. According to your needs, I was finding custom earplugs because only custom earplugs can fulfill your needs. If you use very cheap earplugs then it won't work perfectly. It won't give you fully hearing protection from the wind and engine noise.
So my suggestion is you can use custom motorcycle earplugs thus you can protect your full hearing.
I want to share these websites that I found on google. I will share a video as well so that you can get more information after watching this.
https://www.bigearinc.com/custom-ear-plugs-for-motorcycle-riders/
https://schooloftrades.edu/how-to-ch...ting-sessions/

Alan S 06-10-2019 03:50 PM

9 yrs.

Keep digging. You're bound to make a record.

Sent from here to there.

Homesick 06-10-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan S (Post 5891628)
9 yrs.

Keep digging. You're bound to make a record.

Sent from here to there.

But will it sell?

joe

Alan S 06-10-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesick (Post 5891650)
But will it sell?

joe

Gold.

Sent from here to there.

AMLouis 06-10-2019 11:06 PM

I have 2 sets of custom ones I bought at Sturgis. I think they were about $30 and really worth it. I rode without them for years but around 40 I noticed my hearing deteriorating rapidly. The ear plugs made a big difference! I can still hear my radio somewhat if it's cranked up
I don't use them around town but on the highway they are a life saver to me. I wear a half helmet as well.

As a bonus I wear them when shooting guns. Work great for that as well. Sometimes they are sold at gun shows in my area too.

Good luck

choochmalooch 06-11-2019 07:14 AM

JackFrank is resurrecting all of the old threads. He must have a lot of time on his hands to spend that much of it reading through the history of the VTwin Forum. Maybe he'll go far enough back they'll be questions about the new model shovelheads that are coming out.........:laugh::laugh:

FishinFather 06-11-2019 07:40 AM

He's going for gold... you'd think he would check thread dates by now...

As to earplugs? I like the EarPeace M - Motorsports ear plugs if I going to be running highway speeds.

abqjammer 06-11-2019 02:55 PM

You can get custom molded Radianz for about $10 on Amazon or eBay, and if you mold them to fit your earbud headsets, you can have your music come through them, too. You simply drill a small hole through from the inside to where your earbud fits in, and the music will pass through, while the wind noise will not. I'm told the way to have them fit best is to open your jaw a little while they're "setting". I've been thinking about getting them more and more, but just haven't done it. Right now, my Skull Candy earbuds work great for cutting back on the noise while allowing my music to come through perfect.

jackfrank 06-22-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choochmalooch (Post 5891720)
JackFrank is resurrecting all of the old threads. He must have a lot of time on his hands to spend that much of it reading through the history of the VTwin Forum. Maybe he'll go far enough back they'll be questions about the new model shovelheads that are coming out.........:laugh::laugh:

Hey guys, you laugh, but I will take it seriously because I love to read and to spend my time in this forum.
Thanks