New Craftsman Professional motorcycle lift : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Motorcycle Related NON-TECHNICAL Discussion > General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Loch wants to know Dino or Syn?
New Craftsman Professional motorcycle lift

Has anyone used this lift? In the description it says it has a low profile 3-1/2Ē clearance.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...0&tab=des#tabs
Loch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Make it Run, Then Ride !!

DeathTrap124 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Loch,

Hy, Im not familiar with that particular lift but I purchase mine at Sam's Club, looks pretty much like this one:

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...60696&fid=1S10

It works great and the price was so good that I bought two of them.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Make it Run, Then Ride !!

DeathTrap124 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sorry for the typo's, getting ahead of myself. Should have been "Hey" and "purchased"...

Old 07-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Idears Available

logical wants to know Dino or Syn?
The new Sears one in that link looks like something new...not just the standard Sams/Costco/Lorin clone that Sears has sold for years for about $100.

I like the look of this new one...
V & H Monster Ovals
V & H FP3 FuelPak
logical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical
The new Sears one in that link looks like something new...not just the standard Sams/Costco/Lorin clone that Sears has sold for years for about $100.

I like the look of this new one...
I agree! I received my Craftsman Club flyer yesterday in the mail and I found this. I think they where advertising it for $149.99 with the club discount. It says the minimum height is 3.5Ē and the original lift has a minimum height of 5.125Ē. Iíve heard people having to hold their bikes upright or put 2x4ís under the jiffy to get their lifts under. This might be a nice alternative if you need a new lift.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

xxxflhrci wants to know Dino or Syn?
Looks like it might be difficult to use for one guy. Seems like you gotta hold the bike upright and then stand back at the end of that long handle to pump 'er up. Hard to be in two places at once.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Italo wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have that identical jack only the CrewLine labeled version

This jack seems to be made by them and branded under different labels.

Works FANTANSTIC !

I slide it under my bike while on the stand then when it gets about 3/4's in I stand the bike straight up while jacking it . The handle is a 2 piece design and I only use half of it. Once the bike is off the ground it's very easy to roll around too.

I highly recommend this jack.
Italo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Shutterbug wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch
...Iíve heard people having to hold their bikes upright or put 2x4ís under the jiffy to get their lifts under. This might be a nice alternative if you need a new lift.
That's true, at least for my FLSTCI. Position the lift on the right side, under the right bottom edge of the frame, pull the bike upright, the kinda wiggle the lift across and under the left bottom edge. It's not all that hard and once you get it under both edges, just pump it up a couple of times to get a nice stable base. You probably still have to hold the bike to help stabilize it as it's lifted but if you have to use one arm to operate the lift, it'll be harder than using your foot on the older lift.
Shutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

I guess I picture it working similar to this lift. There really is no reason to upright the bike if the lift works properly.

Click on the video to see the lift work.
http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/videos.htm
Old 07-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
I guess I picture it working similar to this lift. There really is no reason to upright the bike if the lift works properly.

Click on the video to see the lift work.
http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/videos.htm
If it goes up, it's gotta come down. I guess that if you are comfortable standing at the end of that handle while you let the bike down, which is often a slam down with lots of hydraulic jacks till you master easing off the release, it should work well for you. Personally, I'd rather be close to the bike while letting the jack down by foot valve like the red Craftsman lift allows.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
If it goes up, it's gotta come down. I guess that if you are comfortable standing at the end of that handle while you let the bike down, which is often a slam down with lots of hydraulic jacks till you master easing off the release, it should work well for you. Personally, I'd rather be close to the bike while letting the jack down by foot valve like the red Craftsman lift allows.
Iím not going to argue with you on this because neither one of us has used this lift. But you make it sound like your 10 feet away from the bike while pumping it up or letting it down. That handle isnít that long.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Iím not going to argue with you on this because neither one of us has used this lift.

True, I have not used one. I'd like to try one, though. Because I am also skeptical about the way the wheels are positioned. The ones on one end are very close together. Instead of having a square base like all the other lifts out there, you have a trapezoidal base. I've wondered how easy it is to tip.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Question

I also wondered about those closer rear wheels. Italo, does your lift seem tipsy?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
D_T
Renegade

D_T wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
...Iíve heard people having to hold their bikes upright or put 2x4ís under the jiffy to get their lifts under...
Not nearly the problem it might sound like. I've used the "old" Sears lift for years. Foot pedal pump-up. Very easy to use and solid as a rock.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Italo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I also wondered about those closer rear wheels. Italo, does your lift seem tipsy?

Not at all and it's not hard at all to lift the bike with this lift.

CAN be done with the kickstand down like on the Pitbull lift , but I like to slide it all the way under. Also , once the jack is under the bike , it actually holds it from falling. The hydraulic works very well too making it very easy to drop the bike slowly.

Like I said .... I wheel my bike around on the lift , and I only use HALF of the 4 foot 2 piece handle and it jacks very easily.

When you want to keep the bike on the lift for extended periods (Like I did all winter) there's a solid bar that slides through and then you lower the lift on to it and release all the hydraulic pressure .

It's a fantastic lift .... best one I've ever had for less than $175

Got mine for $160 at Sam's Club a year ago.
Italo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in