Bad Ass Road Trip! Need Help! : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Motorcycle Related NON-TECHNICAL Discussion > General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2002, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

zabba wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bad Ass Road Trip! Need Help!

My ol' lady and I (she actualy wants to do this!Is she a bad ass or what?) are planning a cross country road trip. We plan to get going towards the end of July. We will depart NorCal and take the I-80 for a few hundred miles, passing through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota (We would prefer to avoid Nebraska, damn helmet law!). Getting back home (we donít have a clear itinerary yet), we will go through Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansa, Louisianna, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. If any of you know of a decent hangout that we should not miss along the way, please let us know the name, location and any other information that is useful. We would like to stay close to I80, donít want to stray too far from our route (due to many of my brain cells being KIA by massive amounts of alcohol over the years, I have an amazing gift of getting in trouble with the locals). Also, if there are any righteous shops worth visiting on the way, we will be very thankful for the info. To make things more fun, if you are in a club and are willing to offer some company, let me buy you a cold drink, and meet a good olí SOB like myself, let me know, itíll be my priveledge to swing on by and chat with you. I would like to ride in no-helmet-law states for as much of the trip as possible (I get enough of that dog bowl on my head in California). Now for the difficult part: if there are any areas you think we should keep out of or pass through very very fast, feel free to warn us! If there are any groups of people roaming free with the buffalo that we should stay away from, give us a clue so that we donít get our arses kicked for nothing! I would also appreciate any information you can give me regarding gun laws in each state (carrying it on the bike; concealed, not concealed) Well, that is all for now, my email is [email protected]. Thank you, Zabba has spoken, therefore he is! http://www.geocities.com/zabba_zabuka/06212002.jpg Zabba has spoken, therefore he is!
zabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2002, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
old timer

manny wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just returned from solo 3 week cross country ride.

Do you have a specific destination in mind? Or are you just going out there to see whatever you see?

Let me know and I can give you some great places to go. I went east on the southern route and came west on I80.

I am in Napa so...that's where I started and ended.

Let me know and I'll be glad to give you some more info.

manny
manny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2002, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

JimmyK wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sounds like fun. My brother Manny just pulled that trip off. He did Napa to NJ and back in short order.

Where you at in N. Cal?

One thing I can tell you about part of the route is that it is gonna be HOT AS HELL. Make sure the little woman is aware of that and drink a butt load of water. Y'all have mapped out a sure road to some serious dehydration if ya just drink a lot of booze every night.

We got some Okies here that may help ya out on part of the trip for pointers on where to stop.

Patch Holders would need to know a bit more about y'all before they swing the doors open. You are traveling through areas that belong to some folks that have issues with each other so unless you are patched up and looking for a specific "brand" and their known Associates, I'd just leave ths Clubs be right now.

I am in Houston so I won't be much help. I will shoot Manny an email and ask him to check this thread. I'm sure he will have some input for ya.

Old 06-22-2002, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

JimmyK wants to know Dino or Syn?
LOL ! Ok smart guy. Guess you was typing at the same time! LOL
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in