Arc Angel custom bike - Page 6 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Model Specific Discussion Forums > Choppers and Customs
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #76 (permalink)
IronButt

ArcAngel wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thank you Allen S for your input as well. We wound up cutting the air cleaner mount back just enough on both sides that we could run the breather nipples and got filter above the the intake. Appreciate your advise
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #77 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Congratulations on finishing the build. What a lucky kid to have a dad like you.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #78 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE View Post
Congratulations on finishing the build. What a lucky kid to have a dad like you.
Thank you very much, that is much appreciated. I've got four sons the older two work with me everyday. No arguing, a few very minor spats but we mostly have a good time. The lack of any tension between us allows us to work really well together. I love passing on my craft to them and spending time with them.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #79 (permalink)
FNG :)

BenjaminBaker wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Still have to deal with the breather venting situation as well. But she is looking beautiful.

It looks amazing, you best fellows!)
BenjaminBaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #80 (permalink)
IronButt

Thank you. We rode all day on Father's day and it was awesome. His bike drew in tons of people was a big hit at the gatherings we went to. He was so proud
Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 PM   #81 (permalink)
IronButt

How cool is that. Lukes bike took the "Best of Show" trophy at its first event! Then in typical harley fashion... the shifter linkage came apart from vibration on the ride home.. 😂 Tied it together with a rag and continued riding home. So cool. You miss one bolt with loctite and fricken rigid will find it... Classic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0186-1024x770.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	241712   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0185-1024x770.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	241714  

Last edited by ArcAngel; 06-20-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:11 AM   #82 (permalink)
IronButt

Alan S just installed tassels Alan S just installed tassels Alan S just installed tassels
Quote:
You miss one bolt with loctite and fricken rigid will find it... Classic
That's no lie.

And cool story.

I'm just here for the beer.

Rules read.
Alan S is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #83 (permalink)
IronButt

So it was fun time after the building of the bike ended in june I'd figured I'd update all the fun we had... Well maybe not Luke my son....lol. We had some "shaking out" literally.. the demons period. This is a true classic story of owning a rigid chopper and I'm loving what Luke has learned. Thought some would get a kick out of it.
The tank paint got a bubble in it way at the back on one side. Very minor seepage of fuel. The tank was pressure tested prior to paint and was fine. Add one 96" solid mount high compression screaming stroker and...... We had to cut and repair it. That went very well and it's unnoticeable with no problems since. That happened right after the thread ended last.
Then it was the license plate incident.. Luke went to a friend's house several towns away. He was riding hard a whipping that throttle stretching his wings on his first chopper. Well all that fun, exciting sound and power his motor rpm was deep in high rpm "shake and break" mirror auto rotating mode.... His bike started breaking up and running shitty. He calls me all pissed off and freaked out sitting on the side of the road. His entire license plate and tailight assembly is gone. He's worried the motor if f'd up so I go rescue him.. We drove up and down the highway with his head hanging out the window for miles trying to recover the plate. We drove it twice he searched both sides while I drove. Couldn't find so he's pissed now. Then we go back to find the coil wires have loosened up and a screw for the wires is missing no big deal... At this point he's stressed out talking about selling this thing. It breaks down everytime I ride it f#ck this thing. So I'm laughing witch isn't helping at all. The license plate assembly looked like it really tried to hang on for dear life as indicated by the nicks in the rear frame paint before the wire he was dragging it by finally lost the fight. How the f#ck did you not hear that captian oblivious... Hahahhaaa. And I tell him hey take some time let me use your bike for a while and I'll shake it out for you. Welcome to a rigid lifestyle.
So this thing was eating batteries and hard starting since it's been ridden so new high output alternator and regulator. The problem is we didn't build this motor whoever did did a great job but no compression releases. The other problem is with the high compression causes a voltage drop while cranking and the Crane h4 ignition cuts in and out compounding the problem. I figured there was three ways to fix. 1. new Allbalz starter for much more cranking power, 2. Install compression releases, 3. Run high CCA big lithium battery. We decided on the battery an AntiGravity 720cca made a huge difference no issues with voltage sag now. It seems to fire much faster now.
So I get all the little things fixed up, he got a new plate he won a couple more trophys with it and all is good with world. Also took the Mikuni Hsr42 from my old engine I blew up and gave it to him. He also got those sweet pipes I had built for my bike and they look sick on this bike. They won't fit mine anymore due to the wacky design. His were bigger diameter two inch. My opinion they sounded cool but made no power. What a difference, makes much more power now.
So now with even more usable power then before he's all excited. It's running like an animal. Now the rear tire on this thing is a 240 we run it at 26psi it's a rigid this helps. So he's out being Joe rocket now he out late one night roads are empty and he takes it up over 100mph.......i know this because the next morning I'm standing on my porch smoking and I see his rear fender looks funny so I look and the the clearcoat is boiled on the top of the fender. His tire swelled in the center from centrifugal force and started hitting the fender. I know he was at 110 in fact as I had my buddy chase me and at 110 he smelled tire behind me. Just to prove to my son he's an idiot and a new rider should not be doing those speeds. I wasn't happy but when I showed him the fender he was far less pleased. He got a a sissy seat suction pad that luckily covers the entire area so it's now not a concern. The pipes from my bike look so good on this build I have to update a pic for you guys tomorrow.
Ah..... the fun of old Harleys is great add a rigid and it's twice as fun this is the $hit that turns owning a bike into a lifestyle... Lol figured you all might get a laugh and a good memory out of this...And don't forget young rigid owner..... red loctite is your lover now...and you have to be OK with picking up parts that fall off your bike. Just throw them in your pocket laugh and ride on. You own a Harley now get used to it.

Last edited by ArcAngel; 03-25-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:21 AM   #84 (permalink)
IronButt

hillcat wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks man.
That triggered some great memories of being a young rider.
hillcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #85 (permalink)
IronButt

jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this? jammer45u is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Cool thread
Cool bike
Cool dad
Thanks for sharing
jammer45u is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2019, 10:19 AM   #86 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks guys I figured that would bring us back to some of our own trials and issues we all go through as biker's. Good times...good times
Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 PM   #87 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Thanks guys I figured that would bring us back to some of our own trials and issues we all go through as biker's. Good times...good times
You're a hell of a dad. All I ever got was a beating as a kid so I can appreciate a good dad when I see one.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2019, 11:44 PM   #88 (permalink)
IronButt

Thank you. I had a ****ed up family as well. A very uninvolved yet present father. He was great a broken promises unfinished projects. I swore I'd never be like that with my kids. I shattered that useless tradition. All good, those shitty deals some of us get only make us stronger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:
Motorcycle Year/Make
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.

Log-in