The Countdown begins! (for me anyway) : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Upcoming Events (Local and National/International) > Year-Round Sturgis Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

okielonghair wants to know Dino or Syn?
The Countdown begins! (for me anyway)

Just made my reservations to stay at the Buffalo Chip!! I figure for a first-timer I might as well go for it!
okielonghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poser

Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Obviously not a prognosticator are you?

First time I stayed there was '95, I heard it tamed down a lot then, it tamed down more even in 2000 (last time I was there).

Enjoy, hope you have great time!

rkc
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

okielonghair wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yeah, I turn 50 next year, so I figured make the damn reservations, and go blow it out.
okielonghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by okielonghair View Post
Yeah, I turn 50 next year, so I figured make the damn reservations, and go blow it out.
Watch out, Sturgis can be addicting. You try it once and you will probably want to be back for more.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

brwk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Time for us to go again. Its been 3 years since last trip over. Last time was the first time we got a hotel rather than shipping the gear out and camping. We kind of liked it. Made reservations.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Gnarl78 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thinking about doing it again next year, work schedule permitting. This time will be pulling a RV trailer to sleep in rather than tenting it.

Gnarl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Rendell wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm hoping to go this next year. Problem is that at my job we can't submit vacation until January, and the requests are made by seniority. I'm the second to low guy. SO work permitting, I'm going, but will probably have to camp somewhere, or get accommodations 100 miles away or something. Anyway, It's something I've never done before so, and I guess we all need to go once.
Rendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

rush2112 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Also a looking to go for the first time. Gonna do some research on best way to go. Definetly want to be off the grid
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I'm scheduled to go on a ride to Glacier National Park next summer and it is likely this will get extended into a Sturgis trip. I would only go for a few nights. Most of the reason I would go is to go there with a buddy who has never been there. He only started riding about three years ago and is new to a lot of stuff. I've been to Sturgis three times so this would be my forth trip.

I seem to go about every five years. I think I go more for the people watching the most. I don't like to party and I generally don't like the music there, so those aren't attractions. I dislike that the traffic is always heavy for 100 miles around. I've looked at enough vendors to last several lifetimes. But the people there are something else. Everyone's got their story.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

RichardDragon wants to know Dino or Syn?
Been on that ride a few times, you will have a good time for sure. The chip is a really fun place as long as you aren't too interested in getting any sleep while you are there. I think everybody should stay at the chip at least once and the first time is probably the best time to do it.

We usually stay at Glencoe or Lamphere anymore, they have a good amount of partying to partake in but quiet down a little bit more than the chip does. We will probably be there for 2013, see you on the road.
RichardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

baggerman11 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
I'm hoping to go this next year. Problem is that at my job we can't submit vacation until January, and the requests are made by seniority. I'm the second to low guy. SO work permitting, I'm going, but will probably have to camp somewhere, or get accommodations 100 miles away or something. Anyway, It's something I've never done before so, and I guess we all need to go once.
you won't have a problem finding a place to camp if that's what you're going to do. are a lot of campgrounds out there that you don't need reservations for. just look for campgrounds near sturgis, you'll be suprised at what you find. stayed 30 miles from sturgis last year at 15 bucks per night.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

wrencher wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have been four times and stayed at
Elkview campgrounds if your tenting you dont need a reservation
I hope to go this year too but will see.I think last time I went it was 18 bucks.
Da bus Stops at the campground so u can take it to various spots
wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

twin88cam wants to know Dino or Syn?
Been several times, usually ride up and tent camp. This will be our first time at Glencoe in a motorhome, two first timers are going with us and they can't ride that far, we will be trailering four bikes.First time at Glencoe, hope we don't regret it.
twin88cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

LoBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Going to stay at the Broken Spoke this year. Sleeping in the trailer! Stayed at a hotel in Rapid City 2 years ago. Not bad. Stayed at a resort/campground outside of Deadwood last year. SUCKED! NEVER again. Yes Sturgis is addicting.
LoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

JT69 wants to know Dino or Syn?
We're going !! 1 st time and can't wait!! Had resv. For a tear now! No Name City! Ridding from Texas !!
JT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement