Anyone stayed the in cabins at the Full Throttle : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Upcoming Events (Local and National/International) > Year-Round Sturgis Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
R T
Premium Member

R T wants to know Dino or Syn?
Anyone stayed in the cabins at the Full Throttle

Wondering about these...

Back can't take sleeping on the ground and as much as I like to party I also like to get some sleep. Full Throttle is a bit pricey but is it comfortable? OL and I would like to stay in the thick of things since this will be our first Sturgis Rally.

http://www.fullthrottlesaloon.com/cabins_for_rent.php

RT

Last edited by R T; 11-26-2007 at 09:48 AM.
R T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Texas Tom wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dont know about the cabins but bet it would be noisy,full throttle rocks all night long..there are lots of places to stay that are decent it just depends on how close you want to be, if making reservations now its wide open,also I talked to a couple that were heading up thru colorado on a softtail said they had a company put a tent up for them at glencoe,they put it up take it down when your done includes cots chairs and picnic table that way you dont have to haul all that stuff up,cant remember the name sure someone here would know it..
Texas Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

radridd wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wouldn't recommend Glenco as being quite. Stayed there for a week 2 years in a role. Slept maybe an hour each trip. Had a heck of a time though.
radridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
FEAR.the killer of dreams

DenverRK wants to know Dino or Syn?
I agree with it not being "sleep friendly" We usually stay across the highway at Lamphere, next to Glencoe and you can hear the concerts from the Full Throttle till LATE, and I was over 1/4 mile away.
SEST
2008 Night Rod Special SOLD
03 Heritage SOLD
DenverRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
TX Hill Country Explorer

bebrewer wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tom
Dont know about the cabins but bet it would be noisy,full throttle rocks all night long..there are lots of places to stay that are decent it just depends on how close you want to be, if making reservations now its wide open,also I talked to a couple that were heading up thru colorado on a softtail said they had a company put a tent up for them at glencoe,they put it up take it down when your done includes cots chairs and picnic table that way you dont have to haul all that stuff up,cant remember the name sure someone here would know it..
The people that do that service are called "Catered Camping". If you go to the Glencoe site, you can get their contact information. We used them last year (coming in from Texas) and the service was top notch. They also set you up on the "quiet" side of the campground so you don't get as much noise as you would over by all of the RVs. Of course, we could still hear the party going on at the Full Throttle all hours of the night. Hard to get any sleep at Sturgis unless you take sleeping pills or stay in an actual hotel.
bebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Bigtwin101 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yep Stayed in the cabins last 2 years. You cant hear the bar but the people leaving like to keep the r's up on the bike . if you leave the airconditioner on high you will sleep through most of it. Cabins have a fridge and microwave and its nice not to hunt up ice for a cooler . beds are very comfy, we had bunk bed with 4 of us in the cabins. I think you can get 2 doubles if ya want. Cabins dont have water and ya use a shower house that is nice ,never ran out of hot water. If ya time your shower right you will not have to wait in line.You can find grocery stores around to fill the fridge. We ate some flat meat sandwiches and bought water and beer = saving alot $$$$$$$$$. Dont try to go back to the cabins late in the night or afternoon traffic can be bad headed out of town . If there is a national act playing at the chip traffic can be worse. have fun! We are not going back this year.

PS: ride the vonaker canyon road south out of town early in the morning, best ride around.
Bigtwin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

jaystone wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bigtwin101,

How much a night were the cabins?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

ptturner wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
Bigtwin101,

How much a night were the cabins?
When i looked a couple of weeks ago i think they were around $1,900 for seven nights up to four people.
ptturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Performance1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
We booked 3 campsites at Hogheaven a few weeks ago. One mile from Sturgis, have hot showers, local bands, store, beer, and a few other ammenties. We are shipping out gear to site via UPS and will ride down only half loaded up. Yeehaw!
Performance1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement