V-Twin Forum banner

Ohlins from Motorcycle Metal

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  inkjunkie 
#1 ·
Just installed a pair of Ohlins from Howard at Motorcycle Metal. May be the best money I ever spent! Very pleased, huge improvement over the Legends that were on the bike when I bought it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Funny that this post came up. I rode my brother's bike for the first time today.

My brother has Ohlins from Howard on the back of his Dyna and Ohlins inverted forks from Krausmotoco. Absolutely amazing. The feel of the road is like nothing I have ever felt but big bumps that jar my back on my bike almost disappear with the Ohlins. It is unbelievable and you have to ride on bike that is properly set up to understand.

The front doesn't dive under hard braking and if you hit a bump in turn you don't feel like your are going to skip off the road. Atleast that is how I feel on any Harley I have ridden and I have been ridding dirt bikes for years so I am used to getting all over the place.

I rode his bike for the first time tonight. He has an FXDXT and messed with the suspension but he said it always sucked. He did the rear shocks first and then the front just stood out how much it sucked. When he did both it's a whole different bike.

#3 ·
ohlins or jri?

Why did you go with the Ohlins and not the JRI units? I am asking because I am thinking about getting a set. Can you PM me how much they set you back? What bike did you put them on?

Thanks.

#4 ·
Why did you go with the Ohlins and not the JRI units? I am asking because I am thinking about getting a set. Can you PM me how much they set you back? What bike did you put them on?

Thanks.
It doesn't matter. Pick one. They are both yards better than you need. Howard will set them up correctly regardless of which brand you decide on. My god it is not rocket surgery.

#6 ·
I agree 100%. I have a set of Ohlins 3 from Howard on my 02 Road king. He is very straightforward, competent and prompt. Follows up after the sale and sells a fantastic product. My bike is a completely different animal with the Ohlins shocks. You pay for them, for sure, even with the discount. But you'll be happy with them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
feedback

Hey ljar and confederate,

Thanks for the useful feedback!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.