HD fender to fender Extended Warranty With Tire? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Rendell wants to know Dino or Syn?
HD fender to fender Extended Warranty With Tire?

Does anyone know what the tire part of that warranty coverage is? The dunlop that came on the 06 FLHTCUI Ultra that I purchased used end of July, I noticed that the rear has a split in the tread.. The tire has plenty of tread, just a 1.5 inch split in the tread.
Rendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

y2kflhr wants to know Dino or Syn?
if you have more than 3/32 on the tire, you are covered
y2kflhr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

FXRS84 wants to know Dino or Syn?
a car tire is a prorated warranty. In other words, they will charge you per each 1/32
of tread that has been worn. The remainder is warranty. You may be able to get the information you want at www.dunlopmotorcycle.com
Dunlop's motorcycle tire website
FXRS84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks Guys, I'll need to call renegade Harley in Alexandria LA..
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

y2kflhr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXRS84 View Post
a car tire is a prorated warranty. In other words, they will charge you per each 1/32
of tread that has been worn. The remainder is warranty. You may be able to get the information you want at www.dunlopmotorcycle.com
Dunlop's motorcycle tire website
the hd tire and wheel policy is different, it covers the tire till 3/32s
y2kflhr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

I just heard bad news about Renegade HD in Alexandria LA.. Heard they were questionable. I think I'm going to call the GM at Landers Little rock where I bought it. I'll see how it goes..
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Turns out a split in the thread is only covered if it leaking air. If it is not leaking air it is not covered. Here is the note and advice I give. If you have a split in the tread of the HD branded dunlop that is not leaking air, Call your local HD dealer, or the dealer you trust to work on it. Ask them if they have the Mich Commander II HD branded in stock then if they do not ask them if they could order it under warranty, because your tire has a split and is leaking air. Then when they get it in, it is about a 3 week back order, you put it on the trailer, stick a pin in the split in the tread, and get driving. The dealer I took mine to told me that it was not covered because it was not leaking air but the dunlops do split like that regularly. I have never met a Dunlop tire I could say that I liked. As Landers HD in Little Rock, called me to let me know that it was not covered and why, they said that the Mechanic that had been working on my bike already mounted a new Dunlop and since he did they would cover the labor. The total would only be $272.xx. Ithen said that everyone wanted it to say "Harley Davidson" on the tire. I looked up the same tire online $134.xx, High end did not say H-D. I wouldn't pay $50 for a Stock Dunlop 407 tire. The H-D on it does not matter to me, it does not make it grip or handle any better, any more than the black paint makes it go faster. Then they said they would split the cost with me $172.xx, I guess they decided that if they were spliting it with me they would split the labor also. I didn't buy it. Anyway, I picked up a pair of Mich Commander II tire off ebay that have 150 or so miles on them, H-D branded for $117.xx shipped.
Let me interject a couple things about Lander HD in Little rock, AR. 1) the GM is a totally stand up guy. Name is George Newcomb. 2) the Service Guy Danny is also a Standup guy. 3) I feel the service dept does their very best to fix any issue giving the very best top notch service possible. 4) Jim, the Service Manager, is a total and complete.. well he is just a bad person. he is very unprofessional, and seems to have little man's syndrome but is an average sized person. The guy will accuse you of trying to get something for free, or of ripping off the company if you do not take the attempted forced overpriced part, in the do the work and demand later scam. He is the reason that I will not have my Bike worked on there, unless I have no choice or I deal only with Danny, or George. Or Danny Deals directly with George for me, and Jim is not in the equation. I believe That Since I heard a semi-bad thing about The shop everyone recommends around here, I will try out another Dealership that is actually closer than either. The only bad really bad thing about living in Central Southern Arkansas, it's 2 hours drive to any where, but there is a HD dealer/service center every where 2 hours away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.