Ultima 58mm Inverted Forks - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension
New User? Register Forgot Password

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Arse Hole and Good at it
 
FL8X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 349
FL8X wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecomJunkee View Post

Front end looks great Nighttrain! I am stoked to find a thread discussing the front end I am installing! Did your front end come w/ fork stops? I see your posts/replies about notching the neck bolt, if you did this, would it eliminate the need for fork stops? How close does the top tree come to hitting your tank when cranked all the way to the R or L? Unfortunately my top tree hits on both side and I haven't been able to find any solution yet. And lets face, it seems impossible to contact Ultima. They have a great product w/ 0 support, I don't get it. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about my conversion experience so far as I will have more questions to ask. Thanks!

Junkee, thanks for the comment on the Train. Frontend didnt come with the fork stops, You can buy them or make some yourself. Jireh Cycles is where I picked mine up at and I think the fork stops are around 15-25 bucks. They didn't have any in stock when I ordered mine or I would have used them. Yes the upper tree did hit my tank , L/R side but with out the stops theres nothing to stop the trees other than the tank. I did notch out the neck axle this weekend and the only thing that does it lock the frontend when your not riding so you will still need the fork stops. The notching of the neck axle is more trouble than its worth now that I have done it, I wouldnt do it again. Your right about Ultima or Mid West Cycle support for the sh*t they sell. I was told by Mid West that I wasn't a dealer and I need to talk to one of there dealers, but no one knows anything about this front end other than its made in China. Needless to say I want be buying anything else from Ultima or Mid West. There parts are cheap and look good but they have no idea about there parts. I will try and get you some pics of what Im using for for fork stop tomorrow and post them for ya.
__________________
Tim

2010 SG
PCV
V&H Power Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
SE Stage I Cleaner with K&N Filter
Andrews 48H Cams
Polk Audio MM651
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2

FL8X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Arse Hole and Good at it
 
FL8X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 349
FL8X wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Junkee, bike looks good with the new frontend. Youll have to post some pic when you get done with it. It looks like your ole lady is very understanding . I finished my engine build in my living room. The ole lady wasnt to happy when she woke up but she got over it once I re-mopped and waxed the floors.
__________________
Tim

2010 SG
PCV
V&H Power Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
SE Stage I Cleaner with K&N Filter
Andrews 48H Cams
Polk Audio MM651
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2

FL8X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt
 
jersdunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.E. IDAHO
Posts: 169
jersdunz wants to know Dino or Syn?
So i just got done watching your after the build video ... he he he how do you like that.. it looks like it rips. .aren't you waiting on some lsr pipes to..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Nighttrain View Post
I just mounted this frontend on my Train and really like it. It has the built in 5* rake and it ride with no problems. One thing I need to do though is lower it 2". Will the springs that are the my old stock frontend work ?? The top ( Sliders ) are 58mm but the lower tube are still 41mm, so I'm thinking the the lowering kit I have in my stock fork should work, right?? or is there more to it than what I'm seeing. I haven't pulled the inverted forks apart yet, alittle worried because I have no idea of internals of the inverted works, fluild level and all the other goodies that are in there. Has anyone got any ideas on this frontends?? I called Midwest and Ultima and if your not one of there dealers they really don't want to deal with you, Jack Asses.


Thanks for the Help
Tim
__________________
jersdunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider
 
WildSideChopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 87
WildSideChopper wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nice ride !! I think I'm going to have to order me that front end set up
As for ultima products I have had no problems I deal with www.steelthundercc.com they do everything they can to help me
__________________
Ride It Like You Stole It
WildSideChopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
TelecomJunkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 10
TelecomJunkee wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Nighttrain View Post
Junkee, thanks for the comment on the Train. Frontend didnt come with the fork stops, You can buy them or make some yourself. Jireh Cycles is where I picked mine up at and I think the fork stops are around 15-25 bucks. They didn't have any in stock when I ordered mine or I would have used them. Yes the upper tree did hit my tank , L/R side but with out the stops theres nothing to stop the trees other than the tank. I did notch out the neck axle this weekend and the only thing that does it lock the frontend when your not riding so you will still need the fork stops. The notching of the neck axle is more trouble than its worth now that I have done it, I wouldnt do it again. Your right about Ultima or Mid West Cycle support for the sh*t they sell. I was told by Mid West that I wasn't a dealer and I need to talk to one of there dealers, but no one knows anything about this front end other than its made in China. Needless to say I want be buying anything else from Ultima or Mid West. There parts are cheap and look good but they have no idea about there parts. I will try and get you some pics of what Im using for for fork stop tomorrow and post them for ya.
Nighttrain, that would be great if you could get some photos up of the forkstops. Its funny you mention Jireh is where you got them as I am exchanging riser emails w/ them currently. Do you happen to have the part number for those stops? Also, do you have any type of PDF you could send me on the front end? I'm looking for any info I can get... Thanks!
__________________
2001 FXDL - Low Rider
Screamin Eagle Exhaust

"Loud pipes save lives, ride safe."
TelecomJunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
TelecomJunkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 10
TelecomJunkee wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Nighttrain View Post
Junkee, bike looks good with the new frontend. Youll have to post some pic when you get done with it. It looks like your ole lady is very understanding . I finished my engine build in my living room. The ole lady wasnt to happy when she woke up but she got over it once I re-mopped and waxed the floors.
LOL, the funny thing is; she suggested it. I was going to check it into a friends heated garage for the winter, but, that is about 25 miles away. She said, "Why don't you break down the kitchen table and bring it inside". I said, will you marry me?

I'll be sure to get some pics up as I get some more things done. Do you know of a website that has accurate photos, w/ HD part numbers? I'm trying to get a part number for the stock risers that come on a 08 or 09 FXDL. I think a run to the dealership is in order..
__________________
2001 FXDL - Low Rider
Screamin Eagle Exhaust

"Loud pipes save lives, ride safe."
TelecomJunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
FNG :)
 
Detained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lancaster, PA.
Posts: 3
Detained wants to know Dino or Syn?
My two cents...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Would it be possible to change axles in order to maintain post-'99 wheels?
It's pretty much a spacer and axle issue to do what your talking about as I had that issue when I put an '01 front end on my '99 Fat Boy as on pre 2k ya have tapered bearings then they (H-D) went to the sealed bearing and even though I had 3/4" axle wheels the wouldn't work on the newer 3/4" without a lot of BS with spacers..... Not sure about with the hidden axles but the headache wasn't worth it to me so I just bought a new wheel and sold the other..... LoL


Ride Safe.......... Rick
__________________
Smith&Wesson -- The Ultimate "Point & Click" User interface.



S.Y.L.O.
Detained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 170
1M$man wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Nighttrain View Post
I just mounted this frontend on my Train and really like it. It has the built in 5* rake and it ride with no problems. One thing I need to do though is lower it 2". Will the springs that are the my old stock frontend work ?? The top ( Sliders ) are 58mm but the lower tube are still 41mm, so I'm thinking the the lowering kit I have in my stock fork should work, right?? or is there more to it than what I'm seeing. I haven't pulled the inverted forks apart yet, alittle worried because I have no idea of internals of the inverted works, fluild level and all the other goodies that are in there. Has anyone got any ideas on this frontends?? I called Midwest and Ultima and if your not one of there dealers they really don't want to deal with you, Jack Asses.


Thanks for the Help
Tim
LOL. Misery loves company. I got a heaping dose of their "charm" today asking a simple question. What assholes. Do they get trained to be that way or is it in the water they serve their employees?
She seemed to go out of her way to be a real snot.
1M$man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
FNG :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso tx
Posts: 5
Rberry wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey I know this is an old thread but what happened with the lowering did the springs you had work, or did you try something else to drop the front end?
Rberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
FNG :)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5
kp161 wants to know Dino or Syn?
another bump to an old thread

quick question to the OP or anyone else that's used the inverted 58s
any issues with the axle clamps? i could have sworn they were flush when i disassembeled them but i'll be damned if i can get them to install that way....
thanx

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/58mmInvertedFork.pdf
kp161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(C)2001-2012 V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved (C)2001- V-twinForum.com All Rights Reserved
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum