Victory-HD : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Other Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Victory Motorcycles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

rwilly wants to know Dino or Syn?
Victory-HD

I'm a new guy here and I'm not trying to start bashing of any sort, but I have read several threads where people have said goodbye to HD and went to Victory, and vice versa.
I want to know for those of you that made the jump, how many went back to and why.
Thanks, Willy
rwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
I see where some guys have switched from blondes to brunettes and vice versa... I wonder how many made the jump, how many switched back, and why?

Some think blondes are dumb. My grandson says all girls are stupid and he knows everything now that he's 10.

Personally, my wives get younger and blonder as I go through them. This third one is blond and she may end up sticking it out... I don't miss the 2nd one, who was brunette, but I'd like to have the money it cost me to be shed of her.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by Half_crazy; 10-24-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

KEVINZ07 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_crazy View Post
I see where some guys have switched from blondes to brunettes and vice versa... I wonder how many made the jump, how many switched back, and why?

Some think blonds are dumb. My grandson says all girls are stupid and he knows everything now that he's 10.

Personally, my wives get younger and blonder as I go through them. This third one is blond and she may end up sticking it out... I don't miss the 2nd one, who was brunette, but I'd like to have the money it cost me to be shed of her.
truely funny I must be lucky I have 27 years with A REDHEAD and I have gone from a honda to a harley
KEVINZ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
welcome to the forum Willy
webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Viel Vergnügen

vindex1963 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I was married to a brunette and now a blonde and I have to say I like the blonde way more. I hope I don't switch back because the blonde might not go for that.

Oh yea I have both (bikes that is) and like both for different reasons.

Please vote for Ride of the Month

Have a question about the site look here.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 Ultra
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

rwilly wants to know Dino or Syn?
I know of at least one guy that switched to a Vic from HD, he was really happy with Vic. Now he is back to HD. I was hoping there would be at least a few people that would step up and explain why they went back to their original ride.
Thats why I am putting this up on a forum for both brands.
I am curious why they switched back, if it was for reliability reasons, bad experience, ribbing from your riding buddies, etc.

Thanks for the welcome, Webco.
rwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Swamprat Rider

JayFL459 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilly View Post
I know of at least one guy that switched to a Vic from HD, he was really happy with Vic. Now he is back to HD. I was hoping there would be at least a few people that would step up and explain why they went back to their original ride.
Thats why I am putting this up on a forum for both brands.
I am curious why they switched back, if it was for reliability reasons, bad experience, ribbing from your riding buddies, etc.

Thanks for the welcome, Webco.
Bought a Victory Cross Country Oct 31st ( New Left Over 2012 ) 1700 Miles on it Now and Loving it .. Traded my 09 Ultra in with almost 70,000 miles worth.. had problems with the Ultra, Most of them after 60K Not getting any younger so thought would give Victory a try .. Like any Ride has it drawbacks .. But for now anyway is beating the Ultra in almost everything except Fit and Finish .. That HD rules on .. Not saying won't go back to HD only time will decide that.. But if I do it will not be a TBW Bike Losing your TBW passing a semi doing 80 MPH is an experience I will only encounter once .. As far as the FXR4 goes that stays with me forever a shame they still don't build them that way ..
Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
mfn
Lifetime Premium

mfn wants to know where he is and how he got here
I had a 2007 Electra Glide and went to a 2009 Victory Kingpin. Liked the acceleration and ease of maintenance of the bike. Long hauls just weren't comfortable and the intake knocking sound after putting the S&S intake on was migraine inducing betwee 2200-2700 rpm. Went back to a new 2010 Electra Glide only to have the crank go out at 17000 miles. So that is it for me and Harley. Not sure what will be my next move as the comfort and engine sound on long haul rides with a HD can't be beat. However they have become too troublesome for me to put up with anymore.
mfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

highrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
I own a few HDs with my newest a 2008 FXSTC with a stage one, beautiful bike no issues at all, runs really good.

2 years ago I purchased a 2011 Victory Jackpot, man talk about a mean machine, this bike is a true road rocket IMHO and walks away from all Harleys I ride with ease.

Bottom line , is I like my older Harleys, I have test ridden the 103s and found they were sluggish especially the road glide. I do not really care for the new HDs

I am going to get a Cross Country next summer, I like the way I sit right in the saddle ( the road glide feels more like it was designed for somebody 5'6" tp 5'10" I am 6' 1" and like the XC much better.

I like the CVOs baggers but NOT the price tags.

I enjoy taking my Jackpot out all the time and it gets amazingly good reception

However depreciation is bad on the Victorys to date, but that may change in time, but I doubt it People still want a Harley

I give new Harleys a 7 and the new Victorys a 8, price wise they are the same new.
highrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

66xlch wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrider View Post
I own a few HDs with my newest a 2008 FXSTC with a stage one, beautiful bike no issues at all, runs really good.

2 years ago I purchased a 2011 Victory Jackpot, man talk about a mean machine, this bike is a true road rocket IMHO and walks away from all Harleys I ride with ease.

Bottom line , is I like my older Harleys, I have test ridden the 103s and found they were sluggish especially the road glide. I do not really care for the new HDs

I am going to get a Cross Country next summer, I like the way I sit right in the saddle ( the road glide feels more like it was designed for somebody 5'6" tp 5'10" I am 6' 1" and like the XC much better.

I like the CVOs baggers but NOT the price tags.

I enjoy taking my Jackpot out all the time and it gets amazingly good reception

However depreciation is bad on the Victorys to date, but that may change in time, but I doubt it People still want a Harley

I give new Harleys a 7 and the new Victorys a 8, price wise they are the same new.
Victory's are nice bikes. You Must not ride with any V-Rods. If you did, you would get a good look at their tail light. There is a lot of Harley bashing on the Victory Form, but very little Victory bashing here.
Over there it is what a pos a Harley is and how much better Vivtory is. If you tell your self something enough, you will believe it is true. Half Crazy is treated very well here. He gives his opinions here, and is accepted. Say any thing good about Harley on the Vic Form and they want hang you. Nothing positive about Harley could be true. Half Crazy can talk about Harley with out calling it a P.O.S. It is always Victory + Harley-. I guess when you are #2 you will always take a shot at #1 Harley may not appeal to all, but it will always be there. Ride what you enjoy, don't worry about what others ride. a very
Happy New Years to all

Last edited by 66xlch; 01-06-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: some changes
66xlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

highrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hello XLCH No I did not mention a Vrod because truthfully I never ever see one on the road. What are their sales numbers anyway ?

Not sure where your rant is coming from, the OP asked a question and I answered it as I own both brands. MY preference is also ride what you want.

But Vrods????? Man they are fugly!!!!! When I sit on one it seems like an old 350 Kaw with the worst rake in the world, by the way there are NO Vrods at any of the 7 HD dealers I have visited in the last few months.

But between you and I, i would run up against a Vrod with my Jackpot anyday. You should test drive a Victory cruiser , you might change your narrow mind.

Still got the 66?
highrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Swamprat Rider

JayFL459 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Owning both Bikes I get a lot more grief mentioning Victory in a Harley Forum than I do mentioning my Harley in a Victory Forum at least so far anyway .. Not sure about the Vrod beating a Kingpin or Jackpot .. Wouldn't mind watching it though ..
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Rendell wants to know Dino or Syn?
I don't really see any bashing of really any motorcycles on this forum. I would believe that v-twin types are preferred, but still no real bashing. We do all seem to like to see a good Sportbike crash video, or squid fail compilation videos but we don''t really bash them. We do state the obvious, like saying they are dumbasses for their stupid actions, but not really anything about the bike. It's like if you go to the smith and wesson forum, they don't really bash on glock much, but will point how big a piece of human excrement the guy how shoots someone with one is, outside of self defense.
Heck, I've even been a dumbass before. Hard to imagine I know, but it has happened.
Rendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Motorcycles are pretty much toys. I like them all. We each have our own criteria for choosing our toys. No one is 'wrong'.

If I could afford it, I'd have several motorcycles, lots of different brands, types, and styles... each chosen for different reasons and purposes.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

materialman wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have ridden Harley Davidson's since 1977 and I like the bikes. I rode a Victory at Sturgis and came away surprised how much I enjoyed riding the Cross Country. It handled better, stopped better, and was faster then my Road King. I will always own a Harley Davidson as I have an 85 FXRS that I have owned since it was new and it will never be sold. When the time comes it will be handed down to my Son, but I will ride a Victory again along with a new Harley if I get the urge to get a new touring bike. Harley has been sitting on their hands a bit and I believe has let Victory come along and give us a choice of another very good American made motorcycle.
materialman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement