Victory Motorcycles - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Other Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Victory Motorcycles
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #46 (permalink)
Viel Vergnügen

vindex1963 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalu View Post
I hear 'ya vindex! Just making a personal observation, not implying you liked the engine or anything. Like I said in my earlier post here, I support "ride what you like". (but I can still poke some friendly fun...!)

Damn right you can!!!

Please vote for Ride of the Month

Have a question about the site look here.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 Ultra
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIC0 View Post
Isn't there a Victory forum? If I wanted a Victory, I'd buy one. If I did I was thinking that I would probably post on the Victory forum http://www.victoryforums.com/ or would I feel so alone there that I would have to post on the Harley Forum like all the other Victory guys? Just wondering.........
I paid my lifetime membership on these forums as well as the Victory forums. I also enjoy discussions on other motorcycle sites too. Imagine that...

I don't choose who I ride with by what brand of motorcycle they ride. When I go riding with my friends there are Harleys, Victorys, and Goldwings too. Our bikes are as different as we are and we trade bikes around all the time, so we get to ride 3 or 4 bikes some days. These guys are RIDERS, that's why we hang out. Any of us will ride 2 tanks of fuel to have lunch with a buddy.

If your of a mind that riding is all about Harley Davidson you are severely limiting your experiences. There are all sorts of really competent motorcycles that are a blast to ride. Don't know about you, but I want to ride them all.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #48 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

CALIC0 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_crazy View Post
I paid my lifetime membership on these forums as well as the Victory forums. I also enjoy discussions on other motorcycle sites too. Imagine that...

I don't choose who I ride with by what brand of motorcycle they ride. When I go riding with my friends there are Harleys, Victorys, and Goldwings too. Our bikes are as different as we are and we trade bikes around all the time, so we get to ride 3 or 4 bikes some days. These guys are RIDERS, that's why we hang out. Any of us will ride 2 tanks of fuel to have lunch with a buddy.

If your of a mind that riding is all about Harley Davidson you are severely limiting your experiences. There are all sorts of really competent motorcycles that are a blast to ride. Don't know about you, but I want to ride them all.
Please don't misunderstand me, I was just wondering, if I bought a Victory would I be so lonely that I would have to post on the Harley forum. I'm not questioning the quality of your bike, just wondering why there's so few of them. As a Victory rider, of course you ride with lots of other brands.................who wants to ride alone?
Just pullin' your chain friend
Seriously, I do a lot of long distance riding and a strong dealer network is important to me. Because of that, if I chose another brand it would probably be a Goldwing.

2008 Road King Classic - Canada
2010 CVO Softail Convertible - Florida

"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill
CALIC0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
IronButt

ftwflh1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
Kawasaki isn't a Harley either. That statement makes no sense to me. My Ford Ranger isn't a Harley either.

I think the last good looking Harley motor was the Shovel. Now it's two squares at an angle.
the part of the post about it not being a HD was a response to the post above the one I quoted.Sorry
ftwflh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

drivr01 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I ride a Harley and a Victory, love them both!
drivr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

Icarus_ wants to know Dino or Syn?
Is this a Harley Davidson Forum? I thought it was a V-TWIN and Harley Davidson enthusiast forum.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

I'm with you on this one. I want to ride every one and own about half of them. I never rode a motorcycle that I didn't like.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
IronButt

gb1500 wants to know Dino or Syn?
ok...some of em look pretty good...i havent seen those "bagger lookers"...only that starship that i have always admired...and some cruzers...are these other models rare? or what?..i dont think i have seen these other models...ever...p.s....i have only heard good things about them and im gonna demo one... one day!...but i kinda like a shaggy look..mines is a fine lookin bagger but it has some old school snot on it too...just me sayin!.

Last edited by gb1500; 05-10-2012 at 10:24 PM.
gb1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #54 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Since you have access to a computer...
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...rs_Choose_Bike

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...es/videos.aspx
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by Half_crazy; 05-11-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #55 (permalink)
IronButt

highrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
I stopped in at a local Harley dealer for some refreshments on my 2011 Jackpot. I started a converstaion with a fellow who saw what I was riding at first we talked about his bike a 95 Bad Boy ( always wanted one) then he started talking about my bike and made the statement he thought the engine looked to square, Now we were seated 50 ft from the bike and he asked to look at my bike. As we walked over he saw the 106/ 6 speed and said I didn't know they had these, Oh I like that molded seat to the tank, those handlebars ( Ness) and the Ness Flamed seat, then he walked around back and just about spit his teeth out " How BIG is that tire?"

He asks me sheepishly How much? I never answered him , just smiled , put on my helemt and left.

My bike has over 2000 miles and seems to be running better as it breaks in. Put another 200 miles on to day. Lots of fun.

I own some HDs as well and they all are different. I like em all.

Last edited by highrider; 05-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.
highrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
FNG :)

cocheese72 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
You can't customize a Victory motorcycle...
Why would you?

cocheese72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

DontTreadOnMe wants to know Dino or Syn?
people pay alot of money to make there Harleys look like a stock Victory. I dont like the look of the victory baggers but there other bikes look like custom choppers to me.
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

sportcruiser wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just spent a few weeks looking at new bikes - both Victory and Harley. To me, it is a no brainer that the Victory engine is better engineered. But, I bought a new RK.

While I agree that the engineering on the Vic engine is superior, there are other things to me that are unacceptable on a touring bike: First, the seating area on the Victory is very small (front-to-back), placing the family jewels squarely on the rear of the gas tank. I'm about 220 pounds, so I am not small but not that big. I probably could have fixed the seat with an aftermarket seat, I suppose. The other thing is "buzz" in the handlebars. I'll never own a touring bike that has it. As archaic as the Harley design is, it works really well and the ride is buzz free. In a nutshell, I saw better engineering in the Vic, but an overall motorcycle who's esign is not quite sorted out on the Vic (compared to the Harley) as the Harley is an aweful nice ride overall

That being said, if I was looking at a cruiser, some of the Vic's are pretty cool and that motor is strong. But, that being said, the Vrod is stronger.

Overall, they are both great bikes, and I would count myself lucky to own either one; but I think Harley's experience shows in the overall package.

Last edited by sportcruiser; 09-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
sportcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

squidly wants to know Dino or Syn?
My primary gripe with my victory is some of the cheap accessories used by Polaris in building the bike. I love the motor, the suspension, the brakes. From a mobility standpoint it's top notch.

The paint doesn't look quite as nice as Harley's paint and the little things like turn signals, switch housings and the like remind me of cheap Japanese cruisers.

In the end I made the decision based on "MOTORVATION" The victory power plant sold me. I figured I could change out the things I didn't like much easier than attempting to re-engineer the Harley Twin Cam. Although it does appear there is quite a few people making a good living doing just that

I see myself on a Harley some day, I really do, because it's going to be an Ultra or a GoldWing at that point and somehow I just do not see myself flying a wing. That day will probably be ten or more years from now and hopefully by then Harley will have an updated power plant in these machines.
squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Swamprat Rider

JayFL459 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bought the Cross Country for it's Engineering, was pretty well stated is a lot easier to add a few mods like Lighting, Signals, Seats, than try to redesign an Engine that gave me enough grief on my last bike.. Was ready to try something Different anyway and hopefully Better .. So far quite happy with the change from my Twin Cam Ultra ...

Advertisement