2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible Review - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum News
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
FNG :)

Oz_Bassman wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dreaming about my first Harley. I am new to motorcycles in general (age 49) and am currently riding a Yamaha XVS 650 as my leg up to a Harley one day. I have posted on a Yahoo forum with the reply recommending a Road King. I like the Roadie though my heart keeps coming back to a softail. Does any body have any misgivings with regards to the CVO Convertible excluding price. I also like the softail deluxe.

Expected usage, monthly four hour rides with my local church, plus an hour for lunch. Annual five day ride, rides on sunny days when I do not feel like working. Four times a year I receive a six day break for all the weekends I work, hopefully I can take the wife and myself away for spa and wine trip to other country and costal towns two hours or so away.

Are mini ape hangers something to be avoided? Good for looks though not for riding. After as much input as people feel like sharing.

To CVO or not to CVO?

Paul.
Oz_Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

BackOn2wheels wants to know Dino or Syn?
Personally, for 'nice rides' and cruising, I think the 88 or 96 engines are fine. The extra horsepower may be wasted. The bike is nice, without a doubt, but is the extra money worth YOUR while?

You do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
BackOn2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

rodhotter wants to know Dino or Syn?
unless you have $$$$$ to throw away, since they are just overpriced blinged out bikes with IMPORTED bolt-on pieces, offer a real program that allows upgrading harleys cheap components with REAL shocks and forks built for the buyers weight and riding style, also braking upgrades are needed on most models
rodhotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
FNG :)

Alertinspector wants to know Dino or Syn?
I own a 05 heritage I would like to put a set of duels on it. Anyone else have them?
What type
Alertinspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement