» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums
New User? Register Forgot Password

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums (http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/)
-   V-Twin Forum News (http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-forum-news/)
-   -   2011 World Cruiser Shootout [Video] (http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-forum-news/198290-2011-world-cruiser-shootout-video.html)

Admin 10-14-2011 09:56 AM

2011 World Cruiser Shootout [Video]

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then Harley-Davidson has a lot to blush about. Harley motorcycles unarguably serve as the icon for the form of motorcycle known as a cruiser.

For decades other motorcycle manufacturers have glommed onto the cruiser theme. Some brands unabashedly produce models that look as much like a Harley as possible – Harley clones – without getting into legal hot water, while others just strafe the notion of a cruiser simply by creating a machine with the general look and feel of a cruiser: a neutral if not relaxed riding position and some chrome in just the right amount.

When we contemplated the fact that Harley has inspired so many other brands to interpret the cruiser form, we thought we'd conduct a cruiser comparison review that's something of an experiment.

Using a Harley-Davidson as the standard, we selected a sampling of brands from around the globe where motorcycle manufacturing has a solid history. We picked models that embody not only the spirit of motorcycles coming out those regions of the world, but also what we think these manufacturers envision as a cruiser.

More: 2011 World Cruiser Shootout [Video] on Motorcycle.com

smitty901 10-16-2011 06:49 AM

I tried to what it. But just like so many places on this So many of these VBRANT placed ads run across the screen it is not worth it to even try to read or what many of the threads anymore.

Coolmaker 10-16-2011 09:50 AM

Thanks for that. I enjoyed it.. ;)

HarleyLance 10-16-2011 05:55 PM

Thanks for sharing this. A great article IMO. All 4 bikes brought something to the table, and for this HD fan, it was a great nod to the "OG" as one of the writers called the SuperGlide. I do think that Triumph has done the right thing overall - built a cruiser that really appeals to that market, with power and performance that more than matches.

Electricbull 11-29-2011 10:14 PM

I have to be honest, I didn't enjoy this comparison at all. I mean, I know the article mentioned that the V-Star and Vulcan were not available... but why not? Those are the two that have been around.. I would have like to see what they had to offer compared to the Dyna.

IMHO

Half_crazy 12-01-2011 06:28 AM

"Although the Harley’s TC96 is dominated by the Triumph powerplant, it handily out-grunts the rest of the motors in this group, churning out the grunting flavor that millions have grown to love over the decades. Compared to the Sabre’s 1312cc liquid-cooled, 52-degree V-Twin, well, there is no comparison"

Embarrassing...

The 1584cc O.G. being touted as having a more touquey nature than a 1300cc bike from Japan? It has a more torquey nature than the 1064cc Guzzi too? No sh!t, Ironhorse.