Motorcycle parking at LAX : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

elcanaco wants to know Dino or Syn?
Motorcycle parking at LAX

I read on LAX's official website that motorcycle parking is free in the central parking terminal (there are some related rules and regs.). Has anyone ever left their mc there for more than a few hours (like, for a week)? I've made a reservation to leave the bike at an indoor lot close to LAX but would consider using LAX's terminal if I knew it was 'secure' and no one was going to f**k with my ride (under its cover and with the security system on).
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Buddha4 wants to know Dino or Syn?
If it is anything like Mitchell airport in Milwaukee it parking would be pretty safe. It is seperated from the rest of the vehicles and right next to were the police park their vehicles. There is no mention about time limits.
Buddha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

It's a little strange because the regs. say there isn't a designated place. It says you CAN'T park in any spot meant for a 4 wheel vehicle, but you CAN park at ends of rows or anywhere you can fit as long as you don't block a doorway, roadway, etc.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just happy to be here

Freeway wants to know Dino or Syn?
I dunno if I'd park a bike at LAX for an extended period of time. It would probably be okay, but there's an awful lot of foot traffic there and not nearly as much security as you'd think. Me, I'd probably park mine over at Wally Park around the corner. I fly out of LAX on business almost every week and I always use Wally Park, which is why I recommend them. I've only left my car with them but I'd be 100% confident leaving my bike too -- I just wouldn't valet park the bike.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

adlerx wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wouldn't even consider parking my bike at LAX! Are you crazy??. Take a limo or town car if you're gonna be a week or some other kind of shuttle service, you'll be glad you did! The shuttle services are very inexpensive...
Good Luck!!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

dirtydan wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway
-- I just wouldn't valet park the bike.
Now there's an idea for a thread.

dirty
Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Ok Ok Ok

The overwhelming response has been that the idea of leaving a bike at LAX is BA-A-A-D so I'll be parking it indoors at a lot and taking their shuttle. But you guys gotta appreciate, I live in a place where we don't even lock our doors in the daytime and we say 'Hello' when we pass people on the street (can you spell R-U-B-E ? )
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ramse wants to know Dino or Syn?
Some of you will cringe at this suggestion.

Do you have motorcycle insurance in case it is stolen or damaged? If yes, then let your insurance carrier worry about it. That is why we pay high rates!

Why not enjoy your ride? Where ever you park there is always a danger...even when parked in your driveway at home. I would say that parking overnight on the street would probably guarantee theft but at a parking garage, I would say it is safer. You are using an alarm system and the bike is going to be under a cover right?

Just make sure your insurance is paid!

ramse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Ah-h man, I couldn't with a clear conscience leave my 'baby' where it 'might' suffer at the hands of some skull-duggerer. And, of course, I pay the $500 deductible if some tragedy does befall it (bindare-dundat)
Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

meanbean wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wouldn't park scoot at LAX. Take the shuttle.
meanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

FE Butte wants to know Dino or Syn?
The 2007's are looking nicer every time I see them
FE Butte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Do what thou wilt.

black05flhrci wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramse
Some of you will cringe at this suggestion.

Do you have motorcycle insurance in case it is stolen or damaged? If yes, then let your insurance carrier worry about it. That is why we pay high rates!

Why not enjoy your ride? Where ever you park there is always a danger...even when parked in your driveway at home. I would say that parking overnight on the street would probably guarantee theft but at a parking garage, I would say it is safer. You are using an alarm system and the bike is going to be under a cover right?

Just make sure your insurance is paid!

Yeah, real bright idea.

First thing the insurance company will do is pull out the KBB book. They will then cut a check for the book value only. Forget about all the stuff he added on after. Forget about the time and effort he put into making the bike "his".

My god, man, we are talking about the man's Harley, not a screwdriver! It has a value you can't see.

Many of us feel that an a Harley is an extension of who we are. It is a part of us. It is not just a means of transportation.

Like the old saying goes, "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand"
black05flhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

FE Butte wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yeah, You're right...
But while riding those little voices are always going what about this way or doing something that way on the next Harley or that guy did that right,wished I'da thought of that, What about that Cam and Exhaust combination?
FE Butte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

hijackak wants to know Dino or Syn?
Park at Quickpark on Century. They have a free shuttle to the airport. They have a designated motorcycle area up front in plain view. I have used it numerous times without incident.
hijackak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

Roadie wants to know Dino or Syn?
elcanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcanaco
I read on LAX's official website that motorcycle parking is free in the central parking terminal (there are some related rules and regs.). Has anyone ever left their mc there for more than a few hours (like, for a week)? I've made a reservation to leave the bike at an indoor lot close to LAX but would consider using LAX's terminal if I knew it was 'secure' and no one was going to f**k with my ride (under its cover and with the security system on).
I don't live too far from there. But you know, come to think of it, there is plenty of security. Probabily more then any other place around. And since you have an alarm and a cover, I seriously don't think any one would mess with it. Maybe call up TSI and ask them how well the terminal garages are covered by security. Hope it all works out for you.
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement