V-Twin Forum banner

Won't start in cold weather!

8K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Bronxhog 
#1 ·
I am having a problem starting my bike in the colder weather. I changed the battery and put stableizer in it. It starts like a charm in the summer and when the engine is warm. Its not a Harley (actually it is a Honda CBR). Can anyone help me?

#27 ·
When I had my '94 Sporty 1200, it did not start in the cold. Check this out............I had to pull out the spark plugs and heat the bottom tip up with a lighter, installed them back in quickly, and she fired right up. Dealer couldn't explain why I had to do this, they told me it might be a diesel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

#28 ·
Drain the float bowl.... Clean air cleaner.... Run some fresh gas in it... Make sure that carb mounting bolts are tight and secure.... Once started, and running till warm... switch gas take petcock to reserve to assure all moisture is pulled through and burnt.... then switch back to the regular tank setting and put your Sta-Bil back in it... Good idea to check your plugs too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.