Bourget LowBlow VS Screamin Eagle Vrod 1/4 Mile Race Who would Win? - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
'04 Softail Deuce

DynaDave wants to know Dino or Syn?
I quit doing the high speed stuff long ago, but still like watching the young guys performing freeway wheelies. Just as long as I don't have to watch the guy bite it. It is way easier with the new bikes. Remember the old days when we had to wrap the throttle, dump the clutch, bounce the front end and find the balance point - all in one motion? The new bikes can pull throttle on wheelies at will. Still takes some skill, but it is way easeir than it used to be.

If you want to find out how fast a V-Rod is, I am sure you can find another one willing to run you for less. If you are serious, go out to grudge night at the local track. Work on your launch and try to bring down your 60 foot times. Get some 1/4 mile times. If your quarter mile times are in the 12's, you might have a chance against the V-Rods.

If the Bourget is unable to run a fast time, you can always race him with your crotch rocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2005, 03:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

lowblow wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaDave
I quit doing the high speed stuff long ago, but still like watching the young guys performing freeway wheelies. Just as long as I don't have to watch the guy bite it. It is way easier with the new bikes. Remember the old days when we had to wrap the throttle, dump the clutch, bounce the front end and find the balance point - all in one motion? The new bikes can pull throttle on wheelies at will. Still takes some skill, but it is way easeir than it used to be.

If you want to find out how fast a V-Rod is, I am sure you can find another one willing to run you for less. If you are serious, go out to grudge night at the local track. Work on your launch and try to bring down your 60 foot times. Get some 1/4 mile times. If your quarter mile times are in the 12's, you might have a chance against the V-Rods.

If the Bourget is unable to run a fast time, you can always race him with your crotch rocket.

You know you are a cool dude Dyna Dave. I ride a 750 so I still have dump the clutch pretty hard to get er up. How come you quit riding them? Man, they are dangerous but they make you feel so ALIVE at the same time.

Good advice before the race. I have beaten a vrod(not screaming eagle) on a roll on throttle race on the freeway) but I'm not sure if it was due to the bike or the rider(he might have got scared we were pushing almost 150mph) when I start leaving him. He won't race me on the crotch rocket he knows better he has an aprilla too.

What part of the county are you from? And once again how come you quit riding them and how old are you now? Like I said, I love harleys, all vtwins and my chopper but there is nothing like the thrill of the ride on a speed and performance machine like a sport bike. So I choose to have both.
lowblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
DHARMA Initiative

jockeyshift wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblow
If you are such a wuss and scardy cat...

Strike 2

God Bless Our Troops.
"So you have a sixty thousand dollar car, eh? Well, I'm real impressed. I have a quarter of a million dollar combine that I only use two weeks a year."

jockeyshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

springer- is still riding a stock bike springer- is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockeyshift
Strike 2
Batter up, And the Pitch .........

Check out Ride of the Month

207-621-8089
springer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockeyshift
Strike 2
What are you talking about? What was strike one?
Old 07-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

Quote:
What are you talking about? What was strike one?
He's an ump .... they don't have to be able to count.

207-621-8089
Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
N.R.A.

Vettely wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skraft82
Is it just me, or does this sound like the conversations you used to have in 5th grade, too?

My brother can beat your brother up! No he can't!
The Z28 will blow away the Mustang! No it won't!

By the time you get old enough to actually ride or drive, shut the f*ck up and race.

Well, maybe Timmy needs to go to summer camp.
:sucks: However, He likes wheelies and especially stoppies

Last edited by Vettely; 07-12-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Vettely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

skraft82 wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettely
:sucks: However, He likes wheelies and especially stoppies
So did I. When I was 12. Man, when I was a kid, I used to do stoppies, only we called them endos, all the time. I had a BMX bike with pegs and everything. I would put my foot between the tire and the forks and it was cool!

$200 says guy has no motorcycle at all.

This post is the equivalent to "My other car is a Ferrari" bumper sticker on a Ford Festiva, or a harmless version of "I was with Special Ops in Nam, but I can't talk about that."

Get a life, then get a bike.
skraft82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
N.R.A.

Vettely wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
So did I. When I was 12. Man, when I was a kid, I used to do stoppies, only we called them endos, all the time. I had a BMX bike with pegs and everything. I would put my foot between the tire and the forks and it was cool!

This post is the equivalent to "My other car is a Ferrari" bumper sticker on a Ford Festiva, or a harmless version of "I was with Special Ops in Nam, but I can't talk about that."

That cracked me up. Endo is still the proper term for crashing that way, I think. How about the flying "w" and high siding. If you could not see my thumbnail it is a pic of our LT-1 Camaro highway car, manual shift sans passenger seat.
Vettely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
Road Captain

hogg831 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer-
He's an ump .... they don't have to be able to count.

........... .............

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic. The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.

Fun is a good thing, whining sucks!
hogg831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

You're on dude. Put your money where your mouth is. Why don't you think I have a bike? Do you think I go to sites to ask a question that I know nothing about? I have had 13 motorcycles in my life. Started with a yz 80 when I was 12 had and rm 125 in my teens a suzuki intruder when I was in my early 20s, my first harley was a fxr that was so dang slow when I bought it I had to spend 1500 for a cam, s&s carb and pipes just to make it fun to ride.

Then I sold it later and got a tricked out flamed job heritage softtail sold that one and bought and a 78 flh four speed shovel head that totally sucked mainly because it had been stored for 15 years and there was rust all in the tank. The dealer I bought it from just painted the outside so it looked good but rust kept cloggin the fuel filter. The I had to get nuts and bolts and shake them in the tank to break all the rust out. After all the problems especially the stupid 4 speed tranny, and the rust, I sold that amf piece of crap and bought a fat boy that I had customized with a the cam, carb and pipes again to make it ridable with a cool skull paint job. I

have also had two yz250s that I raced motorcross and hare scrambles with. Then I bought an 01' indian spirit with an 88 s&s that could smoke any harley I raced. Then I saw a used 01 low blow chopper with a 113 on cycle trader and bought it. Then I put a 600 lift cam on it and the sucker was fast like a motorcycle should be.Then after breaking the chopper so many times cause I hauled ass on it everywhere my mechanic suggested since I road it like a crotch rocket I should just buy one because they are made for abuse.

So I bought a gixxer 750 and praticed all the time until I could pop wheelies like second nature. I had it(the chopper) for about a year until some jerks broke into garage tried to steal it couldn't because I leave my disc lock on it even the garage. So since they couldn't steal it they decided to torch my garage burning my indian and my chopper putting me and my family in a hotel for over a month. So when i got the insurance money I ordered another bourget because in my opinion they are the most bad ass looking vtwin bikes made. Not only do they look good they run like bats out of heck(since I guess you can't curse on this site) and can take the twistys faster than you could ever do.

So now send my $200 so I can use your money to race the vrod and while your at why don't tell me your life story about you and your motorcycles or are you just a poser still riding your bmx bike?

Also, I don't understand this site. I get called out for saying "wuss" and other people are slamming me right and left one person even saying that he hoped I died and nothing is said to them. I still have not been told what I did wrong. Are you not allowed to say "wuss" on this site or what? Man, bikers sure aren't what they use to be. I guess that is what happens when doctors and lawyer start thinking they are bikers because they buy leathers(and wear em in the summer time) and ride 30 miles on the weekend.

Last edited by lowblow; 07-12-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #57 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

Quote:
I get called out for saying "wuss" and other people are slamming me right and left one person even saying that he hoped I died and nothing is said to them.
You can say Wuss... But if you call a Mod a wuss you are likely to have future problems. Also, I don't believe anyone hoped you would die... I think it was more like "I don't care if you kill yourself but to risk other innocent peoples lifes for your fun is STUPID".

And if swearing was truely a problem then I wouldn't be able to call you an ASS and then give you some of this :2flips: :finger: :nfu2:

207-621-8089

Last edited by springer-; 07-12-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #58 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

skraft82 wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
You're on dude. Put your money where your mouth is. Why don't you think I have a bike? Do you think I go to sites to ask a question that I know nothing about? I have had 13 motorcycles in my life. Started with a yz 80 when I was 12 had and rm 125 in my teens a suzuki intruder when I was in my early 20s, my first harley was a fxr that was so dang slow when I bought it I had to spend 1500 for a cam, s&s carb and pipes just to make it fun to ride.

Then I sold it later and got a tricked out flamed job heritage softtail sold that one and bought and a 78 flh four speed shovel head that totally sucked mainly because it had been stored for 15 years and there was rust all in the tank. The dealer I bought it from just painted the outside so it looked good but rust kept cloggin the fuel filter. The I had to get nuts and bolts and shake them in the tank to break all the rust out. After all the problems especially the stupid 4 speed tranny, and the rust, I sold that amf piece of crap and bought a fat boy that I had customized with a the cam, carb and pipes again to make it ridable with a cool skull paint job. I

have also had two yz250s that I raced motorcross and hare scrambles with. Then I bought an 01' indian spirit with an 88 s&s that could smoke any harley I raced. Then I saw a used 01 low blow chopper with a 113 on cycle trader and bought it. Then I put a 600 lift cam on it and the sucker was fast like a motorcycle should be.Then after breaking the chopper so many times cause I hauled ass on it everywhere my mechanic suggested since I road it like a crotch rocket I should just buy one because they are made for abuse.

So I bought a gixxer 750 and praticed all the time until I could pop wheelies like second nature. I had it(the chopper) for about a year until some jerks broke into garage tried to steal it couldn't because I leave my disc lock on it even the garage. So since they couldn't steal it they decided to torch my garage burning my indian and my chopper putting me and my family in a hotel for over a month. So when i got the insurance money I ordered another bourget because in my opinion they are the most bad ass looking vtwin bikes made. Not only do they look good they run like bats out of heck(since I guess you can't curse on this site) and can take the twistys faster than you could ever do.

So now send my $200 so I can use your money to race the vrod and while your at why don't tell me your life story about you and your motorcycles or are you just a poser still riding your bmx bike?

Also, I don't understand this site. I get called out for saying "wuss" and other people are slamming me right and left one person even saying that he hoped I died and nothing is said to them. I still have not been told what I did wrong. Are you not allowed to say "wuss" on this site or what? Man, bikers sure aren't what they use to be. I guess that is what happens when doctors and lawyer start thinking they are bikers because they buy leathers(and wear em in the summer time) and ride 30 miles on the weekend.
Well, before I do, I need to ask around the board, see if anyone thinks you have the money, and if you do, do you have the bike, and if you have both, would you pay up if I won.

I'm sure "your Bourget" is a much faster bike in the "twistys" than my FXDX, what with the 280+ rear tire, and 42" rake.

Go race, then come back and tell us how bad you got spanked.
skraft82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well, before I do, I need to ask around the board, see if anyone thinks you have the money, and if you do, do you have the bike, and if you have both, would you pay up if I won.
So your saying that you will pay me the $200 if I can prove to you I have a 05 bourget lowblow chopper and a gixxer 750? You are serious?

Quote:
'm sure "your Bourget" is a much faster bike in the "twistys" than my FXDX, what with the 280+ rear tire, and 42" rake.
That is why I like the low blow over the fat daddy because it has a 210 back tire instead of the 250, 280, or even 300 that bourget offers now on it. But I also have a 10 over front end with a 45" rake. So that should make up the difference lets do the twistys and see who has got more balls. Ok?

Quote:
Go race, then come back and tell us how bad you got spanked.
Hey, I might get spanked the screaming eagle vrod is a fast bike but it won't be from a lack in trying. I just had to at least get 1000 miles on the bike before I start ragging on it.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer-
You can say Wuss... But if you call a Mod a wuss you are likely to have future problems.
So the mods around here got the God complex huh? ok fair enough I will keep that in mind.

Quote:
Also, I don't believe anyone hoped you would die... I think it was more like "I don't care if you kill yourself but to risk other innocent peoples lifes for your fun is STUPID".
Again, I don't think I do and cars put us in harms way every day what is good for the goose is good for the gander is it not?

Quote:
And if swearing was truely a problem then I wouldn't be able to call you an ASS and then give you some of this :2flips: :finger: :nfu2:
Well I guess you made your point unless you are the mod's little pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement