V-Twin Forum banner

14 HD recall #0159

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Wxherk 
#1 ·
Just received it today. Certain 2014 Touring models (FLHTCU,FLHTK, FLHTP,FLHX, FLHXS AND CVO TOURING MODELS). On some of these cycles, the hydraulic clutch system may develop a tear in the primary cup(seal) on the master cyl piston. If this occurs the system may lose the ability to maintain sufficient lift to keep the clutch disengaged. it could allow the cycle to "creep" forward from a stop, which could lead to a loss of control.
The dealer will rebuild the clutch master cylinder. Should take less than 1 hour. Going in for my 1000 mile service on Wed. and will update if I can get it fixed.:coffee:

#5 ·
my 14 limited left me in the middle of a intersection for this. Lucky for me another guy stopped and helped me get out of the road. Called Tallahassee HD and they did the old tap dance about coming to get the bike....Took it someplace else to have it fixed....I never got a recall letter or anything else. This all took place at night to so it wasn't fun......Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.