V-Twin Forum banner

Keanu Reeves' motorcycle company debuts its first bike

5K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  BOUTYM 
#1 ·
This was news to me. It seems Keanu Reeves teamed up with bike builder Gard Hollinger to launch the Arch Motorcycle Company. The first bike the company produced is called the KRGT-1, and it's a pretty odd looking (but powerful) machine. Here's a story on it, and here's the company's website. Oh, and you can have your own KRGT-1 for only $78,000.

#2 ·
Keanu Reeves is setting out on another excellent adventure.

The actor and motorcycle enthusiast has teamed up with bike builder Gard Hollinger to launch the Arch Motorcycle Company.

The Los Angeles-based outfit has started taking orders for its first ride, the KRGT-1.

Not just another custom rod, the big V-Twin features an all-original design built with handmade parts and powered by a unique 2032cc motor developed with S&S Cycle good for nearly 122 hp and 122 lb-ft of torque sent to the rear wheel through a 6-speed Baker Drivetrains transmission.

The motor breathes through a unique downdraft induction system that channels air from intakes next to the headlamps through the center of its twin fuel cells, which take 66 hours to produce from a 534-pound hunk of billet aluminum.

The bike itself weighs just 538 pounds, thanks in part to a set of carbon fiber wheels. LED lighting is featured front and rear, and the retro-futuristic bodywork would look right at home on the streets of Mega City.

You may need to cut a deal with the devil to buy one, however: The price is an eye-opening $78,000.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014...le-company-debuts-first-bike/?intcmp=features

I am sure there will be a lot of buyers, I'm saving up my SS checks.....

#11 ·
I sure don't see 78K. The looks / style has been done many a time. Roland Sands for one has adopted a similar look but I am not putting the 2 in the same class. And not very impressed with the results. Kind of lackluster.

I'm sure it handles and runs great, however, 122 hp is not all that for the money. 500 some pounds is excellent. Very innovative and I like the choice of materials.

As for one claim in particular, HD and Yamaha, at the least, have been using the downdraft induction they are claiming is "unique". Hell, E.K. used it ions ago.

George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Leno will buy one, along with a few uber RUB's and then the company will wither into obscurity. 30 years from now they will auction for half a mill.

#23 ·
I guess to each his own. But that scooter is not at all easy on the eye. Billet parts where they serve no true purpose is just stupid. It's an exorcise in cost inflation.

And why go to all that trouble to shove a TC in it. If it had one of the S&S 3 cam motors it would be a lot more exotic IMHO.

They'll sell a few, and then fold. That's my take on it.

#24 ·
I agree with Thermodyne, I can't see them lasting.
Probably sell a few to the rich and famous, but thats going to be it. I don't see owning the Keanu Reeves bike adding to anyones "street cred" lol.

As for the billet tank, whats it going to be $5k to replace if it gets a dent? I'll pass.

#25 ·
I think it looks pretty terrible, limited production will insure ownership is a coveted experience"... coveted my ass.

I see it has a monoshock but it's still a cradle frame. I'm sure it gets around OK but centuries old design concepts will face the same shortcomings when pushed regardless of the materials used. Cradle frames are a direct decendent of the first MC's which were essentially bicycles. Not the best design for uber high tech, best materials wonder machines.

I'll keep my "regular" HD and buy a used GSXR 1000 for 3500 bux that will steal that things lunch money in about every way including looks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.