My girlfriend's new vibrator! :-) : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2002, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

Loud-as-hell wants to know Dino or Syn?
My girlfriend's new vibrator! :-)

Some of you may remember a thread I posted about driving down to Daytona last weekend with my girlfriend Laurie so she could shop for a new Harley. We had been looking online and found a 2000 Road King. After looking at a couple of bikes, she decided that this one was definitely the one for her.

It's a 2000 Road King. It has the 95 c.i.d. big-bore kit, Bub headers, lowered front and rear, Corbin seat, beach bars, and lots of chrome. When she bought it, it had Vance and Hines slip-on mufflers. The V&H pipes were nice and looked good, but they just weren't LOUD enough for her. Immediately after picking the bike up, we rode over to Miller's Parts on Ridgewood and she bought a set of Samson slip-on fishtails. They are straight pipes with no mufflers. I bolted them on right then and they sound awesome!! Plus, IMO, they look more appropriate on this bike.

The bike belonged to a guy who details bikes and it was absolutely spotless. He had it in the Arlen Ness shop on Beach St. While we were there, the manager took us in the back and showed us the bike that Ness is building for Shaquille Oneal. I'm standing next to it in the third pic. If you look closely, you can see the word "SHAQ" on the rear axle cover. Also, there's Shaq's trademark Superman "S" machined into the billet wheels. This was the biggest bike I've ever seen. To give you some idea of how long it is, look at the bike on the lift in the background. Then look at how far the rear wheel of Shaq's bike hangs off the back of the lift its on!!

It was a fun weekend and after riding an Ironhead Sportster for 8 years, the 4 1/2 hour ride home was a piece of cake for Laurie. She loves the bike!

(I hope the pics load, since they're hosted on a different server!)

<b>5 minutes after becoming the proud new owner</b>

<b>On A1A coming home on Sunday (check out those pipes!)</b>

<B>Me with Shaq's bike (still under construction)</B>
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just Like to Ride

Unome wants to know Dino or Syn?
Jesse James built a bike for Shaq also. When Shaq sat on it, he looked like normal rider. Jess sat on it and could barely reach the handlebars. Damn thing was HUGE!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 02:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Paladin1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Can't figure out how to open the pictures, I've noticed this with others where they have the same type of attachment. I right or left click and nothing happens.

greg
Paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2002, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
You can't see them and neither can we. He must have removed them from the server they were hosted on.
James is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2002, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

HDgirl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Congrats to your girlfriend on her new RK! Can't see the pics though
HDgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

James is reading this now saying WTF is this? James is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Had to get his pics the hard way.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Re: My girlfriend's new vibrator! :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Loud-as-hell
[B]<b>On A1A coming home on Sunday (check out those pipes!)</b>
Old 07-26-2002, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

His pic next to Shaq's bike.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

pasadenajim wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nice lookin' bike.

IMHO, ridin' Harleys is one of the best DAMN things couples can do together. Vertically. Seriously, ridin' together is a wonderful way to stay connected.

I know the girlfriend will enjoy the bike. Congrats to you both.
pasadenajim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2002, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

HarleyJoel wants to know Dino or Syn?
I see all the pictures. That's a sweet RoadKing, Dave. I hope she enjoys it. From the pictures, I'm sure she will. BTW - Nice 'Vette too!

2001 FLHTCUI P.O.E.

HarleyJoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2002, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

harleyhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Good onya smoke!

Click da Hog...Go on, ya know ya wanna.

harleyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2002, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

dave51 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Very nice. The bike ain't bad neither.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
FNG :)

Loud-as-hell wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks Smokey, 'preciate the help there. I don't understand why those pics won't load. I have them hosted at the Corvette Forum (which hosts my homepage) and they load fine there. They also seem to pop up here with no problem when I have them up in another browser window...oh well.

She's still loving the Road King, hasn't driven her car once since we got back !!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.