1%ers on Discovery channel - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

Olivepearl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
They are probably making a bunch of money off this and laughing all the way to the Harley dealer where they will be picking up their new rides.
Your probably right!
Olivepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 04:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

HDNA is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Psycle View Post
They are probably making a bunch of money off this and laughing all the way to the Harley dealer where they will be picking up their new rides.
I'll take an educated shot here and say as much as $10K per regular cast member each, per episode. 1 show can and usually takes a month to shoot.
Watch it for the spoof that it is. There is no way in hell any real club business is being put out there. They don't look like as big of fools as the devils did, but it's funny as hell to me in a sarcastic way.

**And if you see the camera crew filming...........DO NOT PASS!!!
HDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG :)

italianrick wants to know Dino or Syn?
I live not to far from there club house here in orlando . Been by it many times andcan tell u it is the clubhouse u see on the show and the show with party in the back yard was the real back yard. So its real but u dont see any of real bussines but u see the the lighter side of events.
italianrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

Slick03 H-D wants to know Dino or Syn?
I personally know a couple of the guys in this show, and as previously stated, money for the club, but they are legitimate, Nasty's disposition is pretty much the way he's depicted, maybe hammed up a little, but that's pretty much him,,but what did you expect with a bunch of legitimate bikers that tv wants to make look like something to watch, be real, no one would watch if they didn't embellish it to make it interesting,,they ain't actors so they're a lot less entertaining than actors would be.
H-D Ventilator air cleaner Dyno by Doc/98hp & 107tq
CVO adjustable rear shocks
Leather C&C seat
Freedom 8" dark smoked windshield
Painted inner fairing
Streamliner boards/pegs
Nostalgic bag rails
10" Yaffe mini apes
Plus a lot more to come much to my wife's dismay

Slick03 H-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

Geoff wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbob View Post
..never thought id see the day a 1%er put his business out there for all to see....
It's all about the Benjamins.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
It's all about the Benjamins.
It sure is. Back in the day, they would have literally killed for this kind of publicity. And probably showed real business too! Discrete they were not, in fact blatantly wide open and belligerent. There were daily occurrences Wild West style. It's also common knowledge the **'s were doing mob hits and blowing shite up. This is around the same time Cleveland was tagged "Bomb Capitol of The World". Still holds the title - 37 bombings in 1 year.
But in the later 80's or so, the public here got ballsy and fought back, actually started running all patches off the roads and literally shooting their tires out, shooting them too - the wars between themselves peaked as well, The 81 and Breed were dominant then. The police also were more actively engaging them. For years following, you did not see patches worn here much, and definitely not solo. It was even a bit unsettling for non-patches. That all was more than likely responsible for the birth of the "Teddy Bear Runs" and all the good guy crap.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
Sonny has been on TV a few times.
Helmets are like rubbers you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't.-Me
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Before the deal was made, I was told they were going to ask for a liquor license for their City Crew clubhouse. A license is going for upwards of 200K.

I don't know if that was the final deal or not, but one of their other clubhouses got that when they filmed them.

I wouldn't be suprised if a Warlock is reading this thread. He's probably laughing at all the posts.

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post
Sonny has been on TV a few times.
But never had a sitcom!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
Before the deal was made, I was told they were going to ask for a liquor license for their City Crew clubhouse. A license is going for upwards of 200K.

I don't know if that was the final deal or not, but one of their other clubhouses got that when they filmed them.

I wouldn't be suprised if a Warlock is reading this thread. He's probably laughing at all the posts.

~Pete
That would be hard to pull off. Only so many licensees are issued to an area. And by now they are all in use. Other restrictions like churches, schools and nursery's can also void it.
A liquor license sold for $1,000,000.00 here a few years back. A big food chain bought out a little guy with a sandwich shop. It was the only way they could sell liquor in their new store because they crapped out on every other avenue.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
There are dozens and dozens of licenses for sale in Pinellas County. Once you own it, you can sell it, lease it or use it. Lots of bars around here can't afford to buy one so they just lease it from the owner. It still can cost you upwards of $2000 a month.

So in this state it wouldn't be hard to pull off.

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
IronButt

filterless is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I have a great idea... I'm gonna pretend to join the rival mad-dog murderous outlaw biker gang; go undercover, and spy on 'em.

To make a great idea even better, since I know I'm dead if I'm caught; I'm gonna take a camera crew with me, and televise it all, nationwide.

joe
just go the hunter thompson route. live with a gang for a bit and
write a book about them. no doubt it will catapult you to great
financial success and notoriety. problem is you gotta follow that
act somehow, maintain your newly acquired fan base.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

67duce wants to know Dino or Syn?
I suppose it's entertainment , especially for folks out side the biker community , but I prefer this series of shows about MC's coming around again in Aug ;

http://natgeotv.com/ca/outlaw-bikers
67duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67duce View Post
I suppose it's entertainment , especially for folks out side the biker community , but I prefer this series of shows about MC's coming around again in Aug ;

http://natgeotv.com/ca/outlaw-bikers
2nd paragraph is already sensationalizing : The leather-jacketed, long-haired biker on the open road is a modern American icon.

I see bald or short hair and vests in the picture!!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
There are dozens and dozens of licenses for sale in Pinellas County. Once you own it, you can sell it, lease it or use it. Lots of bars around here can't afford to buy one so they just lease it from the owner. It still can cost you upwards of $2000 a month.

So in this state it wouldn't be hard to pull off.

~Pete
Then also of much less value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement