» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums
New User? Register Forgot Password

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums

V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums (http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/)
-   V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk (http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-forum-general-harley-talk/)
-   -   2014 Colors have been released (http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-forum-general-harley-talk/229274-2014-colors-have-been-released.html)

HogDreamer 04-06-2013 04:43 PM

2014 Colors have been released

Stopped in at my dealer today and mentioned I was thinking about purchasing a new 2014 Harley. The salesman then told me that the 2014 colors have been released and showed me the book with the new paint schemes.

There were quite a few new paint options and some of the old ones were not shown. Can't remember all the changes and since I'm mainly interested in the Limited that was what I paid attention to.

I was going to write down some of the names of the paint colors but because Harley names their paint in imaginative terms, they may not be what someone would expect that color to resemble.

I'd suggest that if anyone is interested in the 2014 colors, stop by their dealership and take a look at the color book. Hard to know exactly how the new colors will flesh out in real life but at least it gave me an idea of what to expect.

Michael Psycle 04-06-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogDreamer (Post 2303522)
Stopped in at my dealer today and mentioned I was thinking about purchasing a new 2014 Harley. The salesman then told me that the 2014 colors have been released and showed me the book with the new paint schemes.

There were quite a few new paint options and some of the old ones were not shown. Can't remember all the changes and since I'm mainly interested in the Limited that was what I paid attention to.

I was going to write down some of the names of the paint colors but because Harley names their paint in imaginative terms, they may not be what someone would expect that color to resemble.

I'd suggest that if anyone is interested in the 2014 colors, stop by their dealership and take a look at the color book. Hard to know exactly how the new colors will flesh out in real life but at least it gave me an idea of what to expect.

As long as they have black on the list, I will be happy. And I don't expect the Moco to ever stop making black Harleys, so I'm ok. Hope the rest of you find what you want, too.

HogDreamer 04-06-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle (Post 2303562)
As long as they have black on the list, I will be happy. And I don't expect the Moco to ever stop making black Harleys, so I'm ok. Hope the rest of you find what you want, too.

I don't dislike black motorcycles, in fact I think they are sharp looking but I told myself many, many years ago I will NEVER own a black motorcycle.

Why? Because of the principle of the choice or lack of choice regarding a color. And I'm very stubborn when I can be.

See, back in 1983 I decided it was time to purchase a new motorcycle. Since I was newly married there was no way I could afford a Harley and truth is, I really didn't want one since the AMF years were still a vivid memory.

So I decided on a red Yamaha, 650 Maxim. Perfect bike for a new road bike rider. I'd ridden enduro style bikes for years but spent about half my time riding on the dirt and the other half on the asphalt.

When I went to pick up the bike I walked into the sport center and didn't see my bike. When I asked about it the salesman said, your bike it right there, doesn't it look nice? What he was referring to was the black Yamaha sitting on the floor. That's not my bike I stated, I bought a red bike.

But doesn't that black bike look good? was the response. Yes, it looks fine but I bought a red bike, not a black one. Oh, but look how sharp that bike looks!

Mmmmm..."Either I get the red bike I originally purchased or I walk" was my comment. They relented and I rode away on a red bike, not the black one they tried to "stick" me with.

After that I told myself I would never buy a black bike, ever! I have owned black cars and pickups and liked the color fine. But a black bike? Nope, not unless I win one and have no choice.

danno1 04-06-2013 05:56 PM

I heard color for 2014 will be limited to eight different shades of brown to pick from to celebrate the 111th Anniversary and Limited to 300,000 units being produced....like 1/300,000. Dealers taking deposits now...JKOC!

JKOC = Just Kidding Of Course

Michael Psycle 04-06-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogDreamer (Post 2303690)
I don't dislike black motorcycles, in fact I think they are sharp looking but I told myself many, many years ago I will NEVER own a black motorcycle.

Why? Because of the principle of the choice or lack of choice regarding a color. And I'm very stubborn when I can be.

See, back in 1983 I decided it was time to purchase a new motorcycle. Since I was newly married there was no way I could afford a Harley and truth is, I really didn't want one since the AMF years were still a vivid memory.

So I decided on a red Yamaha, 650 Maxim. Perfect bike for a new road bike rider. I'd ridden enduro style bikes for years but spent about half my time riding on the dirt and the other half on the asphalt.

When I went to pick up the bike I walked into the sport center and didn't see my bike. When I asked about it the salesman said, your bike it right there, doesn't it look nice? What he was referring to was the black Yamaha sitting on the floor. That's not my bike I stated, I bought a red bike.

But doesn't that black bike look good? was the response. Yes, it looks fine but I bought a red bike, not a black one. Oh, but look how sharp that bike looks!

Mmmmm..."Either I get the red bike I originally purchased or I walk" was my comment. They relented and I rode away on a red bike, not the black one they tried to "stick" me with.

After that I told myself I would never buy a black bike, ever! I have owned black cars and pickups and liked the color fine. But a black bike? Nope, not unless I win one and have no choice.

I hoped you win one! (That'll teach you).

My story is similar but in the opposite way. When I went to buy my fxr, I had previously been told that the dealer had a black one in stock. So I did all the negotiating with the salesman and at the end, he asked me if I wanted the black or the blue one they had in stock. I told him in a joking manner that if they didn't still have the black one, there would be no deal. He smiled and seemed to understand.

I'm restrained in my dress, my bikes, my cars, etc. I let is all hang out when talking with people, though. I'm polite, but unrestrained. I believe we all have to be flashy somewhere in our lives. With me it is what I say. And I appreciate a custom paint job that can be real flashy, I just don't want to ride on a flashy bike.

If I won a vividly colored Harley in a raffle, I would have it repainted.

HogDreamer 04-06-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle (Post 2303714)
I hoped you win one! (That'll teach you).
I'm restrained in my dress, my bikes, my cars, etc. I let is all hang out when talking with people, though. I'm polite, but unrestrained. I believe we all have to be flashy somewhere in our lives. With me it is what I say.

Yep, winning a black bike would be my curse. :laugh:

Somehow I don't believe you would come across as being too restrained while in your dress. Is it black?

I agree that too vivid a color isn't for everyone. I like color but not the bright "in your face" painted bikes. But some do and that's their option.

I wouldn't paint a bike I won though, even if it was black! That's cause I'm too cheap and paint jobs are anything but cheap.

Ahar 04-06-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogDreamer (Post 2304130)
Yep, winning a black bike would be my curse. :laugh:

Somehow I don't believe you would come across as being too restrained while in your dress. Is it black?

I agree that too vivid a color isn't for everyone. I like color but not the bright "in your face" painted bikes. But some do and that's their option.

I wouldn't paint a bike I won though, even if it was black! That's cause I'm too cheap and paint jobs are anything but cheap.

$5 for a rattle can, any color you want.

kingomtn 04-07-2013 02:17 PM

I looked at the book yesterday and found something interesting by studying it (especially the notes about what bikes the various colors are available on).
It appears to confirm that the flhrci is definitely out for the north american market, but the flhri remains.
Road glides appear gone from all markets.
Black remains, and I think it was available on all models, but only in combination with another color on some of the high end models.

HogDreamer 04-07-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingomtn (Post 2306162)
It appears to confirm that the flhrci is definitely out for the north american market, but the flhri remains.
Road glides appear gone from all markets.

I really need to start taking notes at the HOG meetings as a couple of months ago we were told the Road King Classic was not going to be available in 2014 and the Road Glide was taking a year off. Something about there being some big change for the Road Glide in the 2015 model year and it was going to be completely revamped. At least I think this is how it was explained. Road Glide the first water cooled model in 2015? Time will tell.

Ahar 04-07-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogDreamer (Post 2306730)
I really need to start taking notes at the HOG meetings as a couple of months ago we were told the Road King Classic was not going to be available in 2014 and the Road Glide was taking a year off. Something about there being some big change for the Road Glide in the 2015 model year and it was going to be completely revamped. At least I think this is how it was explained. Road Glide the first water cooled model in 2015? Time will tell.

:woohoo: Water cooled

gunnysgt 04-09-2013 10:04 AM

Don't get the big thing about how new water cooled Harleys are. The Vrod has been water cooled since 2002. That's over a decade ago. Owned three of them, really liked how well they performed in general and particularly in hot stop and go traffic. For those who dis VRods as not being real Harley's, wake up, did you ever ride one. When some would tell me a VRod is not a real Harley, I would reply that they were probably right, it's twice as fast right outa the factory and doesn't need $1000 or more worth of "upgrades" to get it there.

on2wls 05-22-2013 05:44 PM

There's an Amber Whiskey 2014 Street glide with my name on it being built to ship late July can't wait to see it! AW is Burnt orange, just what we were hoping for. I am good with it as it is one of my favorite colors, now to order my accessories in black.

RIDETOEAT 06-11-2013 11:36 PM

I just today sold a flashy 07 street glide with a Harley custom limited paint set that was absolutely beautiful but just not for me, I had already replaced it with a 2010 black one, I wont make that mistake again, I just like black and especially like the solid black on my SG

berserker 06-11-2013 11:47 PM

It is to bad they spend as much time on engineering, as cosmetics.

BigDave75 06-12-2013 03:01 PM

No pics?????????????????