Pulstar spark plugs - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

RKC-Charlie wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmedic View Post
My bike has 33k on the stock plugs, gonna change them next month, probably go with NGK plugs. Cheap and I trust them.
LOL. I spit coffee laughing it this comment. Thanks for the laugh.
You have 33,000 on your original HD plugs but see the need for a brand that you can trust.. and the NGK is cheap. In my neck of the woods the HD plug is cheaper, and very dependable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Viel Vergnügen

vindex1963 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Posts #88 and #89 in the link from above.

Please vote for Ride of the Month

Have a question about the site look here.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 Ultra
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

JerkFace_Custom wants to know Dino or Syn?
i use stock plugs and change them twice a year.
JerkFace_Custom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

SteveB wants to know Dino or Syn?
nyone know the best indexing for these engines?
H-D Passenger backrest and luggage rack
Doherty PowePacc Kit with crank vents
Cobra fi2000 O2
H-D oil cooler
Synthetic oil
Patriot Defender exhaust
dunlop 401F
Michelin Commander II rear
XLC handlebars and 2" extra rise in Risers
10.5" shocks
1" lowered seat with memory foam added
Chrome
Superchips Vigilante
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bigjames4xl wants to know Dino or Syn?
I would put the strap of the electrode at the bottom(5 to 6 oclock) with the open side at the top.
bigjames4xl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ironbutt

MilesToGo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
nyone know the best indexing for these engines?
Not worth the effort in my opinion. Go ahead and index the plugs on your lawn mower while you're at it. You'll get about the same results.
2003 Heritage Softail Classic
- 95ci, stage III heads, RB LSR exhaust, S&S 510 cams, 100hp 102tq
MilesToGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Yea, with 8 cylinders it's not a big deal either but it's just one of those tricks that's out there. A lot easier to do on a v twin though!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I tend to agree the Pulstar plug probably won't turn your Harley into a race bike. What I did get a kick out of was everyones different preference in plugs. Most of us are all running Twin Cam's or Evo's. So why does everyone have a "best" plug? On stock bikes shouldn't there only be one best plug?

1. Denso Iridium plugs exclusivly
2. NGK (cheap and I can trust them).
3. Denso Iridium (runs like a top).
4. Chevy guys run Autolite or Motorcraft instead of AC.
5. Shovelhead days most guys had better results with Champion then HD plugs.
6. In my neck of the woods the HD plug is cheaper and more dependable.
7. I use stock plugs and change them twice a year.

What is a dependable plug? Do you guys really have problems with your plugs?

My '98 EFI Road King has 152,000 miles on it. I've changed the plugs twice. Once at 20,000 miles and once at 80,000 miles. So the plugs that are in the bike now have 72,000 miles ( stock Harley plugs). I use about a half a quart of oil between my 5000mi oil changes ( oh my God..not 5000 Miles!).

Even though Harley will tell you to change them more often, this is the age of electronic ignition and fuel injection. Most cars now don't need them changed for 100,000 miles. Why should a relatively new bike need them?

I'll bet most of you change them because they are relatively cheap.
Unless your engine is an oil burner or running real rich, I bet the average guy can tell no difference with new plugs.

My '89 FXR will occasionally foul out plugs. But the last thing I worry about on the EFI bike is plugs.

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

A waste of time on an efi bike but side gaping can help solve plug fouling on the older stuff.

http://performanceunlimited.com/docu...degapping.html
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

IncognitoProducts wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hello, everyone. My name is Mark Walker, I am advertising the Pulstar Pulse Plugs on the forum. I have been an authorized distributor for about 2 yrs now. Please take a look at my website: http://www.pulstar-incognitoproducts.com/
The Pulstar Power Sports series has a 30 day money back guarantee to out perform your current plugs... and a 2 year warranty! (the auto line has a lifetime warranty) This means there is absolutely no risk to you as a customer to try them... and then you decide for yourself. Thanks for your time & interest.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 02-21-2013 at 09:03 PM.
IncognitoProducts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

MacETAC wants to know Dino or Syn?
I understand all the pros, cons, and favs, in this discussion... And my initial curiosity lead me to open this thread and read...

How does the Pulsar, by itself, change the power of an ignition system from 50 watts, to 1,000,000... Yeah, I could go read the info, but I want to hear it from the guy who believes enough in his product to come here and sell it... Don't spew what the company says, tell me what YOU know about your product...

Why does a car pug get a lifetime warranty, and a bike plug only 2 years?...

Do you ride?... Are they in you bike?... How much is the difference of buying 2 years worth of regular plugs compare to one set of yours?... We usually see things expire right after the warranty does...

Curious...

MAC
Maitre de Acquisition Creatif
(Master of Creative Acquisition)

"They's somethin 'bout that boy jus' ain' right"...

2004 RK Classic (Ruby)
TMax EFI Module w/ O2 Sensors
S&S Power Tune Headers
S&S Power Tour Mufflers
TMax High Flow Air Cleaner
(Further mods TBA)
MacETAC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
FNG :)

HarleyWorkin wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeet View Post
I tend to agree the Pulstar plug probably won't turn your Harley into a race bike. What I did get a kick out of was everyones different preference in plugs. Most of us are all running Twin Cam's or Evo's. So why does everyone have a "best" plug? On stock bikes shouldn't there only be one best plug?

1. Denso Iridium plugs exclusivly
2. NGK (cheap and I can trust them).
3. Denso Iridium (runs like a top).
4. Chevy guys run Autolite or Motorcraft instead of AC.
5. Shovelhead days most guys had better results with Champion then HD plugs.
6. In my neck of the woods the HD plug is cheaper and more dependable.
7. I use stock plugs and change them twice a year.

What is a dependable plug? Do you guys really have problems with your plugs?

My '98 EFI Road King has 152,000 miles on it. I've changed the plugs twice. Once at 20,000 miles and once at 80,000 miles. So the plugs that are in the bike now have 72,000 miles ( stock Harley plugs). I use about a half a quart of oil between my 5000mi oil changes ( oh my God..not 5000 Miles!).

Even though Harley will tell you to change them more often, this is the age of electronic ignition and fuel injection. Most cars now don't need them changed for 100,000 miles. Why should a relatively new bike need them?

I'll bet most of you change them because they are relatively cheap.
Unless your engine is an oil burner or running real rich, I bet the average guy can tell no difference with new plugs.

My '89 FXR will occasionally foul out plugs. But the last thing I worry about on the EFI bike is plugs.

~Pete
on the "Oh my god, not 5000 miles!"

Looking forward to seeing a response to MacETAC's post above.

Last edited by HarleyWorkin; 02-22-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: adding for MacETAC
HarleyWorkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

1st off thanks for the question. Sorry for my delayed response, I also have a day job.

The Auto line has been out for 5 yrs now... it has been produced for almost 2yrs by Honeywell... the makers of Motorcraft, Autolite & Champion spark plugs. These carry a lifetime warranty.

The Power Sports have been out for over 2yrs now. They are produced in Albuquerque, NM... where corporate is located. They have a 2yr warranty because they will also fit a jet ski & a snowmobile. The expected life span is 75,000-100,000 miles, this is based on the auto line. In a well maintained engine... nor running too rich or too lean or burning oil, you should have no issues.

How does the Pulsar, by itself, change the power of an ignition system from 50 watts, to 1,000,000? Pulstar does not change the power of an ignition system from 50 watts, to 1,000,000. The ignition system functions normal, as it always has. Ignition power is not changed until it flows through the internal capacitor in the pulse plug. The power is compressed and released evenly over 2 billionths of a second (instead of 50watts for 2-3 millionths of a second). This is more efficient and also converts about 55% of in incoming ignition power to "Plasma Energy". The Plasma Energy is what creates a larger spark with more surface area... to burn the fuel charge quicker. The speed the fuel is burned determines the amount of stored energy extracted from the fuel charge. The Pulstar spark is not hotter, it is larger... the plasma temps are basically the same that is present in the spark plug. With no negative effects on any of HD's computer controls.

Do you ride?... Are they in you bike?
Yes Sir, I do & they are. I have owned an HD since 2000. I have a 2008 Fatboy & a 1996 Dyna, with an S&S 96" engine. They are also in my 1997 Ford explorer with a 5.0L V-8. And all of my friends use them as well.

How much is the difference of buying 2 years worth of regular plugs compare to one set of yours?
Pulstar plugs are sold as pairs (2 plugs) for 36.00. When you are cruising doing the speed limit or close to it... you are conserving energy. Test have shown fuel millage gains up to 10%. They will pay for them selves in better MPG. When you grab throttle you get more power, enough that you will feel... or you get your money back. This is also a very cost effective performance up grade. And Pulstar Plugs are priced in line with most high quality Iridium plugs.

To see the difference in the spark plug VS the Pulstar Pulse Plug, please go to this page on my website: http://www.pulstar-incognitoproducts.com/category/blogs/videos-blogs/ I use these demo machines at events all the time.

Thanks again for your questions, Sir. I have tried to keep my responses brief. If you would like me to elaborate on anything, please let me know.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 02-22-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
46u
IronButt

46u wants to know where he is and how he got here
Not trying to be too big of a jerk but if they are so good how come you need a day job? Sorry not going to spend $36 on something just to try them. Now if you want to give me a set and they turn out as good as you claim I will promote the hell out of them but if they are not I will tell it like it is.

Been riding and working on Harley s none stop for over 40 years. I have tried a lot of plugs with big claims and so far none of the have been any better then the MUCH cheaper plugs other them some do last longer but that was it.

46u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

American Icon Cycles
3301 Fort Worth Dr.
Denton, TX 76205
(940) 230-6326

Arlen Ness Arlen Ness Enterprises
6050 Dublin boulevard
Dublin, California 94568
(925) 479-6300

Direct Harley Parts Direct Harley Parts
9450 7th Street, Unit A

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
(800) 745-6830

Old School Choppers 1
940 E. HWY I-30
Garland, Texas 75043
(214) 434-0866

Old School Choppers 2
1818 N. HWY I-175
Seagoville, Texas 75159
(972) 287-4824

Renegade Motorcycles Renegade Motorcycles
4633 Gus Thomasson Rd
Mesquite, Texas 75150
(972) 681-3588

Strokers Dallas Strokers Dallas
9304 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75235
(214) 357-0707

Thunder Alley Cycles Thunder Alley Cycles
416 N.E. Wilshire Blvd.
Burleson, TX 76028
(817) 295-0955

This is a current list of my dealers. To answer your question, I am building a business.
And my wife has had some medical problems in the last few years. She is fine now.
Try a set, if they do not perform like I tell you... I will give your money back to you.
No other plug will give you a 30 day guarantee & a warranty.

Last edited by IncognitoProducts; 02-22-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.