Recommend a cell phone handlebar holder : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

semw wants to know Dino or Syn?
Recommend a cell phone handlebar holder

Do you have a cell phone handlebar holder you really like? There are so many to choose from - don't know which one to go with. I need one for my Road King so I can use WAZE on my Galaxy S3 phone.
semw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Are you familiar with Ram Mounts?

http://www.rammount.com/
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club
are you familiar with the concept of distracted driving, IMO there is NO reason to have a phone (smart or otherwise) anywhere near your attention zone.
That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance

I'm only responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.

I used to think I was overreacting, then I realized it was just a normal reaction to an abnormal amount of bullsh!t.
Ahar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

semw wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahar View Post
are you familiar with the concept of distracted driving, IMO there is NO reason to have a phone (smart or otherwise) anywhere near your attention zone.
Thanks for the unhelpful comment, Mother.
semw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've got a gps mounted. I believe it makes me safer. When I am going somewhere unfamiliar, I generally don't have to read street signs. A quick glance at the gps tells me when to turn and in what direction. My eyes are on the road more of the time.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club
Quote:
Originally Posted by semw View Post
your welcome
I'm studying for my CDL, distracted driving is the section I am in right now.
That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance

I used to think I was overreacting, then I realized it was just a normal reaction to an abnormal amount of bullsh!t.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr Cujo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ditto RAM Mounts.
Also available at most Bass Pro Shops locations in the boating section in case you want to hold it before you buy it.

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

Politically Incorrect, Morally Challenged

Cujo's Blog- CLICKY

-----------------------------
'07 Ultra -> Covington, Ga.
Samuel L. Jackson fixed my bike.
Chuck Norris in the front cylinder, Jack Bauer in the back cylinder, Tommy Lee Jones in the tranny.
You should quit now. Your mods suck.
Mr Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
FNG :)

Raker1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Do you have a cell phone handlebar holder you really like? There are so many to choose from - don't know which one to go with. I need one for my Road King so I can use WAZE on my Galaxy S3 phone.
Why would you want your cell phone to hold your handlebar? I just use the handlebar clamp...

Eschew Obfuscation
Raker1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

So according to my latest studies, ODOT and FDOT both think looking at, fidgeting with, or otherwise taking attention off the road, is not OK and can loose CDL.
Granted, large part of the lessons are based on safety, and avoiding accidents, there was a nice chapter on recognizing hazards before they become emergencies. Part of that awareness was what the assholes around you are doing. Road rage and innattentive assholes are a couple of the warning signs EVERYBODY now has to pay attention too. Among a few others, was to watch for drives/riders/bikers looking at some device.
Your opinion might vary

I'm just not good at multitasking.
carry on

Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

sportcruiser wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have this one. Works like a charm.

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/PROD/EDU-B.html

I keep it up there in plain view for GPS, and also so I cam see who's calling to decide whether to answer on my Bluetooth helmet headset.
sportcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I have never had a hands free device for my mobile phone for either the car of the bike because I don't want to talk while driving or riding. I found long ago that talking on the mobile phone was much more distracting than talking to someone in the car. I don't want to even know if someone is calling. I'll find out when I'm not moving. That's ok with me.

That said, I repeat what I said before. I believe the gps is different. It helps to keep my eyes more on the road in front of me and not looking for street or traffic signs.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
So according to my latest studies, ODOT and FDOT both think looking at, fidgeting with, or otherwise taking attention off the road, is not OK and can loose CDL.
Granted, large part of the lessons are based on safety, and avoiding accidents, there was a nice chapter on recognizing hazards before they become emergencies. Part of that awareness was what the assholes around you are doing. Road rage and innattentive assholes are a couple of the warning signs EVERYBODY now has to pay attention too. Among a few others, was to watch for drives/riders/bikers looking at some device.
Your opinion might vary

I'm just not good at multitasking.
carry on

Just plain common sense the way I see it.
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
YOU MIGHT MAYBE WANNA CHECK THIS OUT:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Mot...tml?hpt=us_bn8

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Koop08 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I throw my cellphone in my saddlebag and don't give it another thought until I stop riding. Don't use a bluetooth either because when I go for a ride, I can't think of anybody I want to talk to. Don't use a GPS, can't imagine ever needing one. And yes , I do ride a lot, 60K miles in 4 yrs, 15 states. I ride to get away from all that stuff.
I'm probably in the minority in this technically advanced world we live in, but too old to change now.
Koop08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
YOU MIGHT MAYBE WANNA CHECK THIS OUT:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Mot...tml?hpt=us_bn8
I've been calling those driders, they drive their bikes like they're still in a car.

I always counted it a plus when I got lost.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.