I'm sorry I don't understand - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bigjames4xl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_crazy View Post
1. Add 250 lbs to the V-rod (Ultra chassis) and see how killer it is...
2. You obviously answered the "How badly do you want it" question with "not badly enough"...
Dude, I'm 6-5 and weigh 350 lbs, I know what 250 lbs will do to a vrod!, it makes it hook better!
bigjames4xl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridewv View Post
Another problem the Revolution engine has in a bagger, besides needing to be revved to make power, is gas mileage. It'd be lucky to achieve 30 mpg.
Especially true with the shorter gearing that was suggested a couple of posts ago to deal with the additional weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd11111 View Post
I used to have a 2007 CVO dyna and everytime my buddy with his v-rod would try to drag race me I would smoke him off the line. In fact he could never catch me until I was in third gear getting ready to shift into fourth.
Your buddy needs to learn to launch that V-Rod. Not to argue, it is what it is.

Even IF the V-Rod engine landed in a touring chassis, how many of you loyal and long-time Harley riders are gonna rush down to the dealer and plunk down your money? I can't see a lot of the usual suspects around this place buying one. My gut feeling is that most of the guys around here who ride dressers would trade ya some horsepower for a broad flat torque curve and an engine that has big balls coming on at or below 2500 rpm... but I've been wrong before.
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjames4xl View Post
Dude, I'm 6-5 and weigh 350 lbs, I know what 250 lbs will do to a vrod!, it makes it hook better!
I'm talkin' about 200-250 more lbs before you sit on it...
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bigjames4xl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_crazy View Post
I'm talkin' about 200-250 more lbs before you sit on it...

bigjames4xl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbell66253 View Post
And?
Really? No, I am not going to explain it.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Iron Butt

Bronxhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
its worth a shot

http://www.motorcyclebagger.com/2010...r-gone-postal/
Bronxhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

dbell66253 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;2210593
Really? No, I am not going to explain it.
Good!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
dbell66253 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Fred1369 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Really! How many forums are you on, the idea has been discussed many times. Also there are a couple of companies out there that make a kit to convert a V Rod into a RG, Google Road Rod.
You are too easy, just like my wife. It's not even fun any more to be sarcastic.

BTW, guys, while reading this thread I just saw the trailer for Brad Pitt's new movie World War Z, coming June 2013. Holy crap! You have to see the trailers: https://www.google.com/search?q=worl...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Seek the truth. Only then will justice and mercy be yours. Do not make religion your trade nor piety a profession.

Last edited by Fred1369; 01-01-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Fred1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1369 View Post
You are too easy, just like my wife. It's not even fun any more to be sarcastic.

BTW, guys, while reading this thread I just saw the trailer for Brad Pitt's new movie World War Z, coming June 2013. Holy crap! You have to see the trailers: https://www.google.com/search?q=worl...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Please don't confuse me with your wife, I'm sure we have nothing in common, she suffers with you, I don't.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
IronButt

utrvp is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
And?

And evidently the sarcasm of the post you were responding to went right over your head!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Jefferson’s “Commonplace Book,” 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
utrvp is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
And evidently the sarcasm of the post you were responding to went right over your head!
Blah blah blah, what's you're point? (And that is sarcasm, letting you know I could care less), just in case there is any doubt. The first post wasn't meant to be sarcastic, I can't say the same about the last few.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
So, dbell, this was the first post you responded to

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 FXST View Post
You may be on to something. No one has thought of this or discussed it on forums, ever.
It was obvious to everyone but you that it was intended to be sarcastic as you responded like this:

Quote:
Really! How many forums are you on, the idea has been discussed many times. Also there are a couple of companies out there that make a kit to convert a V Rod into a RG, Google Road Rod.
So utvrp is precisely correct when he says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrvp View Post
Then you reply:

Quote:
Blah blah blah, what's you're point? (And that is sarcasm, letting you know I could care less), just in case there is any doubt. The first post wasn't meant to be sarcastic, I can't say the same about the last few.
First of all, based on your statement, you actually don't understand what sarcasm is, because there is nothing remotely sarcastic about "blah blah blah". Maybe you would benefit from going back and reading the definition of sarcasm I sarcasticly posted earlier.

Secondly, I think your disinterest in the subject matter would be better described by saying that you couldn't care less. The fact that you could care less is just confusing and really serves no purpose to point out.

I actually kind of feel badly for you now with the knowledge that you have no understanding/appreciation of sarcasm. That will probably make a lot of the reading you do on this forum seem less enjoyable than it is for some of us.

That is the point.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;2211036

It was obvious to everyone but you that it was intended to be sarcastic as you responded like this:

Then you reply:

First of all, based on your statement, you actually don't understand what sarcasm is, because there is nothing remotely sarcastic about "blah blah blah". Maybe you would benefit from going back and reading the definition of sarcasm I sarcasticly posted earlier.

Secondly, I think your disinterest in the subject matter would be better described by saying that you couldn't care less. The fact that you could care less is just confusing and really serves no purpose to point out.

I actually kind of feel badly for you now with the knowledge that you have no understanding/appreciation of sarcasm. That will probably make a lot of the reading you do on this forum seem less enjoyable than it is for some of us.

That is the point.
Wow really, that paragraph and a dollar might be enough to buy a doughnut. And don't feel sorry for me, I have better things to do than to try to run an analysis on every word someone types in a forum. I passed english and composition with an A over 40 years ago when I was in HS, perhaps I've forgotten a few things and picked up some bad habits since then, so excuse me.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Wow really, that paragraph and a dollar might be enough to buy a doughnut. And don't feel sorry for me, I have better things to do than to try to run an analysis on every word someone types in a forum. I passed english and composition with an A over 40 years ago when I was in HS, perhaps I've forgotten a few things and picked up some bad habits since then, so excuse me.

No need to be excused, honest mistake.

That "analysis" has changed since 40 years ago. Now we refer to it as "reading".

I see you use that free app which I tried myself for about 3 minutes. I'm sure it contributes greatly to not being able to follow the flow of the thread.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
IronButt

95 FXST wants to know Dino or Syn?
I must not be as clever, funny and articulate as my wife leads me to believe I am. People have been talking about a VRod bagger since 2001 (is that when th vrod came out) so even my cat could read the sarcasm, if she could read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post

Then you reply:

That is the point.
95 FXST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.