When to shift - Page 5 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Blacklinebrett wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;2211039
Kind of like posting to bike forums from your iPhone.
Apple's some good sh*t. Don't be a hater, G spot

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Blacklinebrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #62 (permalink)
IronButt

RogerDodger wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklinebrett View Post

Of topic here but Apple is on my $hit-list now. Picked up a new Nano Touch and, after getting it home, found that Apple changed to their proprietary "Lightning" mini plug. If you buy one you'll also be spending $39.95 for their adaptor just to use the thing in your car or bike.
Call me Apple Hater in Spokane.
RogerDodger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #63 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:

Blackball, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Apples, they are delicious.

On the other hand, that free app from Motorcycle.com is a piece of

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

That is true but it gets the job done

Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #65 (permalink)

2010hdultra wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger View Post
Of topic here but Apple is on my $hit-list now. Picked up a new Nano Touch and, after getting it home, found that Apple changed to their proprietary "Lightning" mini plug. If you buy one you'll also be spending $39.95 for their adaptor just to use the thing in your car or bike.
Call me Apple Hater in Spokane.
Everything that apple released just recently has the lightning charger. Its common knowledge. Do research before you buy. Everything from iphone 5, ipad mini, ipad gen 4, ipod touch gen 5, and the new nano.
2010hdultra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Ouch, big Apple fight

Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

I just think they shiney and push buttons. I'm out of this one

Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #68 (permalink)
IronButt

RogerDodger wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010hdultra View Post
Everything that apple released just recently has the lightning charger. Its common knowledge. Do research before you buy. Everything from iphone 5, ipad mini, ipad gen 4, ipod touch gen 5, and the new nano.

You can shove your research advice, smarta$$ - this ain't my first rodeo and I did plenty of it. I also have three other iPods going all the way back to the original first generation.
Apple never mentions the need for any $40 adaptor (that should come with every Nano they sell).
My point was, and still is, that they made it an accessory AND proprietary (pro-pri-et-ary, look it up) so they can fornicate your hiney to the tune of $40 one more time at the checkout line.
No more Apple products for me - my a$$ is too sore.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 01-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.
RogerDodger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #69 (permalink)
The Best Me I Can Be

Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike Homesick is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
No way. Wave back at *** bike. Not in my life. Plus the whole wave thing is pretty queer.

On of the things I love about small towns and rural countryside is that folks wave. Whether I'm on two wheels or four.

I like people that aren't too cool and sophisticated to be neighborly.

I don't care who they sleep with, and usually can't tell as they go by.

joe
A**hole Merit Badge winner
Badge of Honor winner

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Oct '14 RotM
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #70 (permalink)
IronButt

Bear64 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I recently installed the Pingel Ultra-Slam shift kit on my bagger. It's an air actuated shifti kit that is totaly controlled by my bike's ECM. The computer makes every decision as far as shift points. Both up and down shifts. There are 2 modes. Economy and performance. I only ran my bike through the gears once in performance mode. I can't even tell you how horrified I was doing that. This thing was like riding a top fuel bike. My right arm is now 2" longer than my left. I swear to God this kit will double the torque of your motor. That could explain the 5k price of the kit. I won't do that **** again until my wheelie bars are done. In economy mode the kit is awesome. It shifts buttery smooth(compared to performance mode). It takes into consideration whether you're 1 up or with a passenger, road conditions, lean angle, altitude,attitude. sobriety,honesty, traction,grade, income, and a whole bunch of other factors you kids couldn't understand. All in all, I would highly recommend this kit for anyone who asks where and when to shift their bike. The only down side I see to this kit is rebuilding your transmission every 2 hundred miles. But, if you are so stupid you ask a question like this, that shouldn't be a problem. You probably will make it about 3 years.:h ystria:

USN 7/23/57-1/8/65

Man is a two-legged animal without feathers.
Bear
Bear64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #71 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear64 View Post
I recently installed the Pingel Ultra-Slam shift kit on my bagger. It's an air actuated shifti kit that is totaly controlled by my bike's ECM. The computer makes every decision as far as shift points. Both up and down shifts. There are 2 modes. Economy and performance. I only ran my bike through the gears once in performance mode. I can't even tell you how horrified I was doing that. This thing was like riding a top fuel bike. My right arm is now 2" longer than my left. I swear to God this kit will double the torque of your motor. That could explain the 5k price of the kit. I won't do that **** again until my wheelie bars are done. In economy mode the kit is awesome. It shifts buttery smooth(compared to performance mode). It takes into consideration whether you're 1 up or with a passenger, road conditions, lean angle, altitude,attitude. sobriety,honesty, traction,grade, income, and a whole bunch of other factors you kids couldn't understand. All in all, I would highly recommend this kit for anyone who asks where and when to shift their bike. The only down side I see to this kit is rebuilding your transmission every 2 hundred miles. But, if you are so stupid you ask a question like this, that shouldn't be a problem. You probably will make it about 3 years.:h ystria:
I usually reserve my heavy drinking nights for the weekend.

just sayin'

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #72 (permalink)
IronButt

Bear64 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
I usually reserve my heavy drinking nights for the weekend.

just sayin'
I don't drink, just saying, darn I do something wrong again, thought you all liked wit and sarcasm.

USN 7/23/57-1/8/65

Man is a two-legged animal without feathers.
Bear
Bear64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #73 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
I don't drink, just saying, darn I do something wrong again, thought you all liked wit and sarcasm.
Don't be so thin-skinned. I was trying to reciprocate with more wit and sarcasm.

Hey, you got me on that one. I actually read the whole damn thing!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #74 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I recently installed the Pingel Ultra-Slam shift kit on my bagger. It's an air actuated shifti kit that is totaly controlled by my bike's ECM. The computer makes every decision as far as shift points. Both up and down shifts. There are 2 modes. Economy and performance. I only ran my bike through the gears once in performance mode. I can't even tell you how horrified I was doing that. This thing was like riding a top fuel bike. My right arm is now 2" longer than my left. I swear to God this kit will double the torque of your motor.
I hate when the coffee comes out my nose... but I do enjoy a good laugh in the morning.
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
Half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #75 (permalink)
IronButt

speedfoos wants to know Dino or Syn?
Damn it. Five larger to have a longer right arm....so tempting what with tax time coming up.

| PHOTOS | TWO WHEELS | FOUR WHEELS |

2004 Dyna FXDLI
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.