for two weeks : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Thundermug wants to know Dino or Syn?
for two weeks

We have had a noreaster for 2 weeks now...No sun, 20-30 MPH wind, and low temps of the upper 40's with 95% humidity. It has been miserable! I'll take the weather in Maine or Michigan in the 30's and a foot of snow over this crap!
today (thanksgiving) and friday are gonna be as low as the upper 50's and as high as the upper 60's with 90% humidity and 10-15 MPH winds....

I'm gonna leather up and ride! Probably do two 600-700 mile days on my sporty. Might head west and go past Dickeys place and keep going. Haven't had the bike in Alabama yet....is it safe there? are they in the 21 century there? the guys from deliverence didn't move there did they?
I might leave Jax beach around noon, and head out and stealth camp for a few days.

Crap...I just realized.
I am gonna go to Key West... See Ya!
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

sporty952 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundermug View Post
We have had a noreaster for 2 weeks now...No sun, 20-30 MPH wind, and low temps of the upper 40's with 95% humidity. It has been miserable! I'll take the weather in Maine or Michigan in the 30's and a foot of snow over this crap!
today (thanksgiving) and friday are gonna be as low as the upper 50's and as high as the upper 60's with 90% humidity and 10-15 MPH winds....

I'm gonna leather up and ride! Probably do two 600-700 mile days on my sporty. Might head west and go past Dickeys place and keep going. Haven't had the bike in Alabama yet....is it safe there? are they in the 21 century there? the guys from deliverence didn't move there did they?
I might leave Jax beach around noon, and head out and stealth camp for a few days.

Crap...I just realized.
I am gonna go to Key West... See Ya!
65 sunny a nice southerly breeze here in the midwest yesterday...
sporty952 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
not sober all the time

Uncle Salty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Key West
Uncle Salty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

lonslo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ah shucks, we all sho wisht yaull wood come to Alabamer, we be needen some fresh meat. Ma could go down to the general store and trade some eggs for another turkey leg if yaull wood like to have thanxgiven dinnar wit usn.
lonslo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Greg MacD wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am a New Yorker that has been "Stuck" (stationed) in Alabama for the last three years, no trouble here at all, weather has been great, roads are nice and we actually have hills and roads that do not go straight for hundreds of miles (like in Florida)......come take a look, ya'll might enjoy it......if you get up to Birmingham go take a look at Barber Motorsports, greatest motorcycle museum and race track in the states!

2003 Ford SD 7.3L Diesel
Greg MacD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg MacD View Post
I am a New Yorker that has been "Stuck" (stationed) in Alabama for the last three years, no trouble here at all, weather has been great, roads are nice and we actually have hills and roads that do not go straight for hundreds of miles (like in Florida)......come take a look, ya'll might enjoy it......if you get up to Birmingham go take a look at Barber Motorsports, greatest motorcycle museum and race track in the states!
G M, please dont share our secrets, we dont need anymore yankees here. We want them to think we are all inbred so hopefully they will have no desire to come here. Obviously you are serving our country so thank you , and welcome.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bugkiller70 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I love key west!!!
bugkiller70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this? Lefty is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkiller70 View Post
I love key west!!!
Riding the causeways to the flat, monotonous, crowded mainland must be thrilling the 43rd time. I've ridden out, I've ridden back. Once was enough. I'll take three months of no riding with nine months of twisties, hills, big river ferries, two lane blacktop and small diners any day.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bugkiller70 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Riding the causeways to the flat, monotonous, crowded mainland must be thrilling the 43rd time. I've ridden out, I've ridden back. Once was enough. I'll take three months of no riding with nine months of twisties, hills, big river ferries, two lane blacktop and small diners any day.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
I also SCUBA dive so I always look forward to that place.
bugkiller70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
155" R&R TwinCam

dog155 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonslo View Post
G M, please dont share our secrets, we dont need anymore yankees here. We want them to think we are all inbred so hopefully they will have no desire to come here. Obviously you are serving our country so thank you , and welcome.
Don't you worry lonslo an aweful lot of people are moving up here for retirement.You couldn't get me/us to live down there for promise of a fortune.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,besides mother and I look forward to all four seasons.
Dog
Whizzer motorbike
dog155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonslo View Post
Ah shucks, we all sho wisht yaull wood come to Alabamer, we be needen some fresh meat. Ma could go down to the general store and trade some eggs for another turkey leg if yaull wood like to have thanxgiven dinnar wit usn.
Trade some aigs? Boy, yur momma ain't got no reason to trade no aigs...Ile take some taters from da back lot and she can make her faymus tater sallled wid aigs, sho nuff....
Ile even take some mountain osters wid me an she can fry em up with some more aigs if'n she make that white gravy. yu no what i sayin? But hay, boy....Ile be tellin tha truth when I say I don't want no biskits she makin....tham things is hard as rock...we calls em ellie mays where I from...
Old 11-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog155 View Post
Don't you worry lonslo an aweful lot of people are moving up here for retirement.You couldn't get me/us to live down there for promise of a fortune.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,besides mother and I look forward to all four seasons.
Dog
We have 2 seasons here, 1st hot with gnats and 2nd not quite as hot without gnats.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Huevera en gellato!

Um...I hope that was egg and biscuit!!!

If not...what was it????
Old 11-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Rendell wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wish the ultra wasn't in the shop, i'd be out in the 46 degrees and sunny, here in Arkansas.
Rendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
155" R&R TwinCam

dog155 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I know it's not fair to judge an area having only been there a few times.But the few times I have been South, Florida,Texas,the heat and humidity has been stifling.The wife and I do not ride unless no choice when it gets hot up here.Maybe we could adapt,actually we are adapting to the 20's and 30's now.It used to be said that it is easier to escape the cold than the heat and humidity.We humans are quite a breed!
Dog
Whizzer motorbike

Last edited by dog155; 11-24-2012 at 04:20 PM.
dog155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.