Love and hate Screaming Eagle heavy clutch spring - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
FNG :)

Reksul wants to know Dino or Syn?
After a few thousand miles pull the VPC out and turn it over. The fulcrum that contacts the clutch spring wears out causing the friction zone to shorten to the end of the clutch lever.

I know this because it happened to both of mine now taking up space in a landfill somewhere.

The guy on the ClutchWIZ site says he doesn't sell it,, he just developed it. Lot of information there. He also says to be careful when installing it on a two wheel touring bike without changing the spring too.

I got one from Dennis on tglidestuff.com (he makes and sells them) Really nice guy and he shipps same day. I put it on my wife's 09 Heritage. Took 30 minutes since I adjusted the clutch per their directions. I put a digital fish scale on the clutch lever. The lever pull was 11 pounds after the install it is 6 pounds. Feels like the clutch is broken. Wife loves it. Mine is next
Reksul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

alexlivetoride wants to know Dino or Syn?
Awesome! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reksul View Post
Feels like the clutch is broken. Wife loves it. Mine is next
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

alexlivetoride wants to know Dino or Syn?
Finally installed the Burly EZ boy, $29 bang for the buck, what a difference! Bike is in storage now, I will take it out next sunny day. If it isn't enough, I might invest money on ClutchWIZ. Cheers!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

dbell66253 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Anybody have a solution for the same problem with the SE race clutch? # 37976-08
dbell66253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ironbutt

MilesToGo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msocko3 View Post
There have been people installing them in their CVO bikes to lessen the hydraulic clutch pull when a stiffer spring has been installed.
Was thinking about installing the Clutch Wiz in my 09 Street Glide. Sent a message to the guys at TriGlide Stuff and they say it will only fit TriGlides in the touring line. Is the TriGlide primary different than other touring bikes? Anyone try to install this product in a touring bike other than a TriGlide?
2003 Heritage Softail Classic
- 95ci, stage III heads, RB LSR exhaust, S&S 510 cams, 100hp 102tq
MilesToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

jack6hd wants to know Dino or Syn?
I used both ClutchWiz and Burly brand EZ pull. Clutch lever is like squeezing a marshmellow. This is with the SE spring.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ironbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack6hd View Post
I used both ClutchWiz and Burly brand EZ pull. Clutch lever is like squeezing a marshmellow. This is with the SE spring.
On what model bike did you install the Clutch Wiz?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

fatclassic wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have one installed in my Fatboy with the stock spring and I can pull it with one finger, but I plan on installing a SE spring because I can make my clutch slip if I hit it hard. As I understand it will fit in any tc model but 06 and newer touring models come with a very soft spring and the clutch wiz will cause it to slip. The clutch spring MUST BE REPLACED with CLUTCHWIZ IN A TOURING MODEL I was told. The clutch wiz will reduce the springs Rating slightly.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

RogerDodger wants to know Dino or Syn?
I haven't tried the ClutchWiz but have tried the Burly unit and definitely didn't like the mushiness of the lever feel.
I like the SE spring and while the lever pull is harder, I've never found it to be unacceptable. Surprisingly enough it still has a lighter pull than my stock '95 EG. I found that keeping the cable well lubed on both bikes goes a long way towards a lighter lever pull.
RogerDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesToGo View Post
Was thinking about installing the Clutch Wiz in my 09 Street Glide. Sent a message to the guys at TriGlide Stuff and they say it will only fit TriGlides in the touring line. Is the TriGlide primary different than other touring bikes? Anyone try to install this product in a touring bike other than a TriGlide?
Been a little tied up so my reply is a touch late. During testing they found the 06 and later touring bikes with the easy pull diaphragm spring were experiencing some clutch slippage. If you install the SE spring or heavier there is no slippage issues. I'm running the CW on top of the AIM 480 lb spring in the primary of my 06 Ultra with a HQ 120, I have no slippage and the clutch pull is almost like stock.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

jack6hd wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
on what model bike did you install the clutch wiz?
2013 fltrx
Old 03-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Ironbutt

Quote:
Been a little tied up so my reply is a touch late. During testing they found the 06 and later touring bikes with the easy pull diaphragm spring were experiencing some clutch slippage. If you install the SE spring or heavier there is no slippage issues. I'm running the CW on top of the AIM 480 lb spring in the primary of my 06 Ultra with a HQ 120, I have no slippage and the clutch pull is almost like stock.
Cool! Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking at the 480 and CW combo. Time to pull the trigger.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesToGo View Post
Cool! Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking at the 480 and CW combo. Time to pull the trigger.
It should do the trick for you, I helped test the earlier prototype. They had me running it in my Trike and then for kicks pull the VP92 out of my 06 Ultra and install the CW and see if I had any slip which I didn't. Nice thing about the CW is no moving parts like a VPC.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
Ironbutt

Quote:
It should do the trick for you, I helped test the earlier prototype. They had me running it in my Trike and then for kicks pull the VP92 out of my 06 Ultra and install the CW and see if I had any slip which I didn't. Nice thing about the CW is no moving parts like a VPC.
Ordered the 480 spring and the CW today. Will post up on the results.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
Ironbutt

Just a quick follow up. I recently installed the Clutch Wiz product and replaced my SE spring with a new 480 spring. I would say it reduced my clutch pull around 25%. It's still not as soft as the original clutch pull but much better for sure. At least i shouldn't have to worry now about my hand cramping during stop-n-go traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement