Detachable saddlebags brackets, your experience : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

alexlivetoride wants to know Dino or Syn?
Detachable saddlebags brackets, your experience

EZ bracket, Cyclevision and edge brackets, what do you have? Pros and cons please. Thanks!
alexlivetoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Rickstar321 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I believe I have the Edge brackets, I love them, take them both off or put them back on in about 20 seconds, solid construction, very adaptable, and when they are off you can't tell you have saddle bag mounts, unless you know what you are looking for.

Rated 10 out of 10 purchase for me.
  • 04 Custom built Stretched/Raked Daytec Frame, Stretched tank, Deuce front end, 21" Front tire, Evo 1340, S&S Shorty E, Supreme Legends Fwd Control, 2 1/2" Samson Pipes, Oil Cooler... (My Pretty Weekend Cruiser) + more!
    My Custom Thread
  • 04 Vstar 1100, lowered, Dragon's Breath pods, Cobra Dragsters, (Daily rider 90 mile round trip to work where it gets covered in slag dust!)
Rickstar321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
FNG :)

Mikester wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've been using Easy Brackets for several years on my Heritage and like them. They do move the bags out away from the fender about an inch or so, and they do rattle a little when going over a hard bump. They are good, heavy duty and easy to use. The mounting hardware on the bike when they are off looks as good as any IMO. I don't have any experience with any other brands.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Danglide wants to know Dino or Syn?
my leatherpro bags on my dyna came with a quick detach system...love it,10 out of 10 for me as well.I can't say enough good about those bags.

it's built in,but same idea as EZ brackets.EZ brackets makes several innovative items that are all very well made.I used their tailight re-location and hand guards on both bikes.

2002 Superglide
2012 Road glide Ultra T-header,T-max,Tuned Induction
Danglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

DueceDog wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've had the EZ Brackets for 5 years and have had no problems with them. Many times the bags have been overloaded, but it had no negative affect on the brackets.

(The only time mine rattle is when the bags are empty. But if they're empty, they're not on the bike long)

Vietnam Vet
PGR rider

Last edited by DueceDog; 11-11-2012 at 03:55 PM.
DueceDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Thanks guys! I will either get ez bracket or edge, the kuryakyn bags I am going to buy team up with edge brackets, I am sure both brackets fit my bags.
alexlivetoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Blackened wants to know Dino or Syn?
Another +1 for the ez brackets, had mine since 2007 and will definitely use them again on other bikes.

If you haven't picked up bags yet check out fox creek leather, love their bags, nice THICK leather, and go great with the ez brackets...which I believe they sell as well.

'03 FXSTB

'94 FXR
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Jonny_Cannon wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've got the EZ brackets or Ghost Brackets (I can't remember which) for mY Deuce. I've got the leather factory saddlebags with the hard plastic back - I've shimmed the brackets to be straight & level. They worked awesome, and I've had them for years. I'm actually putting them up for sale (new project with the Deuce - I have an Ultra for long trips). I just need to do 10 posts before it will let me post in the classifieds lol.

Cannon
Jonny_Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I've used ez brackets for years. They are ok.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

This is a pic of the brackets on the bike without the bags. Brackets stay on permanently.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge-20110627-00057.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	74777  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

I don't even know the quick mounts are there lol.
BTW nice Duece, love that seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
This is a pic of the brackets on the bike without the bags. Brackets stay on permanently.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

marknett wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDog View Post
I've had the EZ Brackets for 5 years and have had no problems with them. Many times the bags have been overloaded, but it had no negative affect on the brackets.

(The only time mine rattle is when the bags are empty. But if they're empty, they're not on the bike long)

What pipes are you running on this bike favors a vance and hine and also d&d fatcat ... looking at both to put on my 2012 switchback

I have th equick release hardbags on my switchback but I'm not sure who made it .. caame with the bike .. love them
marknett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Thank-you for the compliment on the seat. Johnny Roberti did it for me. He does awesome work. He's on-line, also. I sent him the pan from my LePera, with some templates for the artwork I wanted tooled into the leather. He'll do whatever you want with the seat. Really nice guy; exceptional customer service.

Cannon
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bugkiller70 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Good information guys. Give me a few places to look myself.
bugkiller70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

KEYBEAR wants to know where he is and how he got here
I never thought I would have bags on a street bike . But I bought a used Wide Glide with Harley Bags on it and thought I would get rid of them ASAP . Wrong I found i really like the storage . So I live with them I can have my coat a sweat shirt or most things I pick up in town . But I do take them off to wash the bike . The ez brackets look like a good idea ?
KEYBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement