What's your opinion? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

evobob71 wants to know Dino or Syn?
What's your opinion?

Now a days everybody has one and I'm asking for yours to what the best air cleaner is I have an 80 inch Evo with a Andrews ev27 cam also a mikuni 42 installed currently have a hyper charger on the bike and have heard that their are better set ups out there so tell me what's your opinion
evobob71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evobob71 View Post
Now a days everybody has one and I'm asking for yours to what the best air cleaner is I have an 80 inch Evo with a Andrews ev27 cam also a mikuni 42 installed currently have a hyper charger on the bike and have heard that their are better set ups out there so tell me what's your opinion
I have a 1998 FLHTCUI with a ev27 and a SE air cleaner. I've used a hypercharger on it before also. Not any real differance in either setup IMHO. Any free breathing air cleaner works well on this set up.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

hdrider82 wants to know Dino or Syn?
do a search. lots & lots of posts on air cleaners. you are running a 80". any stage 1 setup with a k&n filter will do just fine. it would be different if you had a hot 124" setup!!! i have a stage 1 setup from hd with a zipper filter. the zipper filter is 5/8" taller then the hd filter. that will give you a little more air. your motor will take in what it needs. just a big air pump. good luck.
Stuff
More stuff
hdrider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

RogerDodger wants to know Dino or Syn?
No need for a search man, just about anything else you can find will work better. An SE or Ness Big Sucker are at the top of the list. They're low cost and work very well plus you can leave the filter uncovered and ad an Evo air cleaner insert.
RogerDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

evobob71 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Any thoughts about Mo Fo air cleaners ?
evobob71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

ForgeThe wants to know Dino or Syn?
I run an Ness big Sucker and could not be happier. There are alot of good ones out there.
ForgeThe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

brassman wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ness big sucker
brassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

RogerDodger wants to know Dino or Syn?
Mo Fo is what I call my K&N every time I have to clean it - a messy job that I only do once a year.
RogerDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
merry old soul

Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this? Road King Cole is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger View Post
Mo Fo is what I call my K&N every time I have to clean it - a messy job that I only do once a year.
Sure beats buying a new one....

and to the OP, like everyone else says...you will probably find that most aftermarket cleaners use a K&N filter element. Many happy customers. I am very happy with my AN super sucker or whatever it is called.

rkc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement