Changes for 2013 and beyond - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
IronButt

baggerman11 wants to know Dino or Syn?
still thinking, it mite take me a while to peruse the issue
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
My RGU came with oil cooler standard .
I like mine however if all they do is change colors I will not be trading . only 32K RGU now we will see in a couple days.
So I quoted myself.
Things change I totaled the 2011 Aug30th. So 2013 RGU ordered in RED should be here today or Monday.
I had made up my mind to keep the 2011 another year but a Deer decide I needed a new one.
So Rest in peace Black RGU 2011 it was a great 33k we spent.
And for those that want a Fan cooled oil cooler that is simple and it works. about 15 minutes to install with coffee.
http://bigskyfan.tripod.com/id10.html
Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
?????

msocko3 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I'd like to see touring bikes that deliver more power at cooler operating temperatures. Doesn't matter if they're air or water cooled.

I am not impressed with anything Harley has introduced since I bought my '08 Ultra Classic. I'll be in the market for a new touring bike in late 2013. Hopefully, Harley will have something more exciting by then. If not, I'm moving to a BMW K1600GTL. And don't worry...I won't let the door hit me on the way out.

Thats what pretty much drove me to the 2012 Wing I have, I couldn't get all reved up about the same old same old hot running throw money at to fix it. The more I ride the Wing the more I wonder why I didn't get one sooner, nothing like hitting a 35 mph zone and still being able to run 5th gear then accelerate to 60 with no down shift or drama.

Red Bike Powered By Head-Quarters 120.. Easier Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ.com
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
msocko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
IronButt

snake charmer wants to know Dino or Syn?
It would be nice if H-D would use the better inside cam bearings, and discontinue the use of a five piece camshaft.
snake charmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #35 (permalink)
FNG :)

benzrod wants to know Dino or Syn?
Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
I will most likely be shot for even suggesting this be how about a "New FXR" powered by the V-Rod revolution engine with a six speed transmission.

You could have two models, a sport cruiser and one with the Switchback bags and front end.
Sounds like an excellent suggestion to me!
benzrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
they need better wheel bearings and tires,move that stupid cat. converter back into the mufflers where it belongs, beef up fairing brackets do something with the tune so the thing don't ping when it's hot, fix the comp.sprockets so they don't bang around,a $ 20,000 motorcycle should come with wielded flywheels and gear drive cams right out of the box.
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
IronButt

KEYBEAR wants to know where he is and how he got here
Sorry but my 2003 Wide Glide is just Perfect . It,s stock It,s big and it,s a beauty .

The only thimg I would change is the weather .
KEYBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bigjames4xl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
I will most likely be shot for even suggesting this be how about a "New FXR" powered by the V-Rod revolution engine with a six speed transmission.

You could have two models, a sport cruiser and one with the Switchback bags and front end.
Love the vrod performance! Great engines!

Add a softail frame model and I'm with you 100%
bigjames4xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #39 (permalink)
OFOPOS and Proud of it

oldjime wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Torque View Post
Hey, what's wrong with a Water Buffalo?
A great touring machine for its time. I had a Suzuki 550 triple that I put 75 K on with a lot of 700 mile weekends to Laguna Seca and a couple of 1000 mile in 48 hours road rallies and 350 mi a week to work and back for 4 years on it with no issues and the 550 was air cooled!

oldjime
01 Heritage
oldjime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #40 (permalink)
IronButt

59panhead wants to know Dino or Syn?
Junk the Twin Cam & Bring back the 65 Panhead No drive belts.....No Radios .....No Stage anything.......No Obama
59panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

glasspilot wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjime View Post
A great touring machine for its time. I had a Suzuki 550 triple that I put 75 K on with a lot of 700 mile weekends to Laguna Seca and a couple of 1000 mile in 48 hours road rallies and 350 mi a week to work and back for 4 years on it with no issues and the 550 was air cooled!

In addition to my 06 Ultra I own a 75 Water Buffalo that I restored a few years ago. It is now my garage queen. The miles go on the Harley!
glasspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
OFOPOS and Proud of it

oldjime wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Thats a really nice looking WB. Where's the Vetter?? Every once in a while I get the itch to try and find reasonably good running 550. Don't know if you can register in CA though.

oldjime
01 Heritage
oldjime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #43 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Bone wants to know Dino or Syn?
Water Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDizzle View Post
Liquid cooling? It's amazing how years ago on these forums the majority of people posting were against water cooling with a passion. Nobody wanted a water buffalo. Now it seems people are ready to bust through the dealer doors just to get one when and if they ever come out. Just an observation.
Hey that gives me a chuckle, I test drove a '73 or '72 Suzi Water Buffalo, had a drum front brake I believe. It was smooth and quiet but the chain was loud at 40 mph. And felt heavy. I also remember seeing them on the Autobahn. But in the end I bought a CB 750, much nimbler machine and a front disk brake also.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

glasspilot wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Hey that gives me a chuckle, I test drove a '73 or '72 Suzi Water Buffalo, had a drum front brake I believe. It was smooth and quiet but the chain was loud at 40 mph. And felt heavy. I also remember seeing them on the Autobahn. But in the end I bought a CB 750, much nimbler machine and a front disk brake also.
The Water Buffalo was sold from 1972 to 77. Only the first model year had front drum brakes. Disk brakes were showing up on just about everything then and Suzuki put them on (twin disks!) from 1973 to 77.

Last edited by glasspilot; 01-13-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add the word "front"
glasspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
IronButt

Gaff wants to know Dino or Syn?
73 is when almost everything (except economy bikes) went front disc and ditched the points.
Still have my 73 Kawi H1 500
Gaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement