What's the fastest you've ever ridden your Harley? - Page 8 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #106 (permalink)
FNG :)

FlyinHawaiian wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking Surprised....

112 mph 4th gear 6000 rpm on a 6 speed 2009 Road King. Was getting on the freeway at 6am and just hit it hard. Glanced down & said holy s#*t as I was just going to work & I proceeded to back right off. Granted this was the first opportunity to get on it post a stage 4 103 build. Bad weather & all I haven't had the opportunity to see what 6th gear tached out has too offer. Previously with a stage 3 build I could only hit 113 creeping up to it in 6th. The first 100 always comes quick, its defeating the wind above that speed which holds you back. I like bridges.... No deer or other unpredicatable critters.
FlyinHawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #107 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

spyglass wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hmmm....many tales of derring-do here. A few yrs ago, a friend of mine visiting his son in Germany, who's in the Army there, sent me a couple pix from the local news of what I think was a big Ducati ridden by a kid that T-boned the rear door of what looked like a VW Golf sedan. The woman driving the car was backing out of a drive next to a thick grove of trees and didn't see the bike. The investigating polizei opined the kid never hit the brakes....the bike almost went all the way thru the car, moving it sideways about 15meters (50 ft). Little was found of the rider, and the woman driver's neck snapped almost instantly. His speed was estimated at 200kph (about 125mph)....this happened on an uncontrolled 2lane country road in northern Germany. A sheriff's deputy friend of mine, who's investigated several fatal crashes on rural roads told me that at speeds of 100+, the least little thing happening can be the end (most especially on a scooter). My advice (after 43 yrs of 2wheeling)....cool it. Granted, it's fun to have something to offer at this, the motorcycle chapter of the Hot Stove League, but.....
spyglass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #108 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

mistert wants to know Dino or Syn?
Top Speed?

I'm on my seventh H-D and currently down to one bike, an '11 Road King w/ a 103. Took it out the other day and it ran strong up to 112 mph in fifth gear. Didn't do any more in sixth...All my bikes were basically stock with the exception of air intakes and pipes. One did have a stage I kit but it only ran 105. When I check out the top end speed, I do it on a flat road, no wind and most of the time no police. Never had a bike to do over my current Road King.
mistert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #109 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

S&S Cycle wants to know Dino or Syn?
276.74 mph, Bonneville Salt flats!
866-244-2673
S&S Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #110 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
about 103mph on my streetgilde it had more but that's plenty fast for me.in the 70's i friend had a kawasaki 900 i took for a ride took it to 137mph ( young & dumb) been 140 in a car (that's stupid too)
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #111 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

rob71458 wants to know Dino or Syn?
120 mph on my way to see Bean, in Augusta ME, August of 2010. Nice long stretch on Rt. 95N. Slow roll on in sixth gear. I just wanted to hit the highest number on the speedo. Never did it again.
07' FLHRSE3 124", Paul Matyka ported SE110 heads, S&S pistons/cylinders,11.5 cr, 58/62 HPI TB, 640G's, Bandit clutch, Baker DD7, IDS, 2.79 gearing, Stock Compensator, D@D Borzilla QB, K&P oil filter, Jagg ten row oil cooler, Big Sky oil cooler fans, Lenale fan, Redline oils, TWR stabilizer, Glide Pro mount. Big Boyz Tune.
rob71458 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #112 (permalink)
IronButt

hardheaded wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&S Cycle View Post
that's get'n it!
hardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #113 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

SoonerSoftail wants to know Dino or Syn?
"Back in the day" I went 120+ on many of my bikes. My current Heritage has seen 90 once. Fast enough for this guy these days.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #114 (permalink)
IronButt

RogerDodger wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:

Winner!!!

Now pay the man and let this thread die peacefully.
RogerDodger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #115 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Groundhawg144 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Speed

My 98 road glide Bandit with a S&S 124 B-2 head motor 148 MPH next to a CBR 1000 RR then he continued up to 186MPH..
Groundhawg144 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #116 (permalink)
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!

Jeffytune is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I respectfully refuse to answer this question on the ground of my 5th amendment rights.

2010 FLHTCUI
96 CID w/ the quiet 6 speed
K&N RK-3930 air filter
Harley quiet high flow 110 mufflers
Vance and Hines Fuelpak

I have learned, Just say NO to Dyno's!
Member DooF Clenas , and proud of it.

Professional Rockat Surgen
Disclaimer.
I do not work for Vance and Hines, I just like their stuff. Any suggestions I make are to be used at your own risk.
Jeffytune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #117 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

plongson wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
This sounds like the story of the Piper Cub asking control for his air speed, then the F/A-18 asking control for his air speed, then the SR-71 finally getting a check...

My hat is of to S&S!!! Lots of wind resistance with nut's that big...LOL

Last edited by plongson; 12-27-2012 at 06:25 PM.
plongson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
IronButt

tmsimmon wants to know Dino or Syn?
try this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLYTRUK View Post
I have a 2000 Fatboy with pipes and a jetted carb...

How would one prove the speed anyways?
It can be expensive, but a cop and radar will work!
tmsimmon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #119 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

sportcruiser wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercenary View Post
What's the fastest....?
I'm over 70 and I've been riding motorcycles for well over 50 years. I know my reflexes are a hell of a lot slower than they used to be and probably a lot slower than everyone who has responded to that question. I will 100% guarantee that anyone who rides a motorcycle will sooner or later exceed his or her ability to keep that bike under control. It may be at a very slow speed or it may be somewhat faster. It may be a faulty part on the bike, weather, road conditions, another driver, it doesn't really matter and when it happens AND IT WILL HAPPEN, I wish you the best of luck. Every second of every minute of every hour on a motorcycle you need to be asking "What if...?.
C'mon man!
sportcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #120 (permalink)
Thanks! I needed that.

Scabbydoo wants to know Dino or Syn?
After my engine build, had to do a 'test run'

Speedo was calibrated while on the dyno to within 1/2 a mph.

Let's just say it was definitely a ticketable offense

95" Bore by Zippers - Wiseco 9.5 Pistons - T-Man StageII Heads - Andrews 37G Cams - Stock Crossover Dual Headers
Samson Fishtail SlipOn's - TTS Mastertune - Build and Dyno by JD's Cycle Works

HP=98.03 - TQ=102.14 Uncorrected
HP=93.36 - TQ=97.27 SAE Corrected

Cost of build, about right. Value of grins, PRICELESS!

Scabbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.