V-Twin Forum banner

How many of you are behind on your bike payment?

16K views 143 replies 87 participants last post by  Chart 
#1 ·
Just curious how many of you are given the current economic conditions. Anyone had their bike repoed or hiding it because you know it's targeted to be repoed?

#6 ·
I haven't made a payment on mine is like 16 months, but then again that was when I paid it off.

#8 ·
Its been 7+ years now since I smiled at myself ... pretty hard Repoing your own ride :redrolf:
Damn thats a bitchofaway of wakin up.... :hystria:

Dare

#20 ·
Don't have any money left after normal monthly bills, but the bike is mine free and clear. Have one year left on the (5 year financed) car, but that is 0% so I am not worried about it.....99 S-10 4x4 has 25k miles, paid for! My guess is if I owed on my bike I would lose it. been retired 13 years, had good buying power when I retired but hard to make ends meet now.

#21 ·
When I sold my 02 Ultra, I bought an 09 Road King, paid cash for it. When I sold it, I waited a bit to see if I was going to be medically able to ride again. Then I bought an 02 Road King, fixed it up, now my son has it.

The garage sat empty for a while and that was depressing me more than the medical issues.... so last fall I found a perfect 04 POSE Ultra with only 8400 miles on it and bought it. Even though the medical stuff has limited my riding, tinkering with it is the best medicine ever. Now I have it all fixed up just the way I like it. After my last back surgery three weeks ago, I should be ready to ride again in the early fall. The Ultra is patiently waiting for me......... :woohoo:

During all this time, I've spent a lot of time looking at new rides at the H-D shops I do business with. While I do like the new improvements to the touring models, I just can't justify payments for 3-4-5 or even 6 years.

For most of the last 41 years, I bought a new Harley just about every two years - and for 32 of those years, I made payments on them. Then there was always the tremendous output of money fixing each one up just the way I wanted it. While I don't think I ever lost anything on the Harleys themselves, I probably helped several dealers put their kids through college with all the accessories I put on each bike. Now, retirement income is a lot different than working income. We just bought a new house last year, so I reckon this 04 Ultra that I have now will be around for a looooooooong time.

#22 ·
Bought new 2011 Ultra Limited in Feb. and wife makes sure of the payments..been making double payments..hopefully will pay it off 12 months early...My thoughts go out to all folks that have been hit hard with the economic downfall and might lose thier bike..hoping something changes to the good for them...

#24 ·
Mines been payed off for years...but I'm still throwin cash into it. Just spent $350 last week on a removable windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.