Something for posers - Page 13 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #181 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard001 View Post
You might be POSER If:

You Bike Your Boots your Jacket and your helmet have a Harley Logo on them

Your Motorcycle has fewer miles on it that your Pickup.

Your Pickup has more than one Harley logo on it.

You have never swallowed a bug

You ever finish a sentence by saying "I'm Just Saying"
So I'm curious:

What if somebody doesn't have a pickup?

If somebody is a poser and you are not, what are they posing as? You?

I'm just sayin'.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #182 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
So I'm curious:

I'm just sayin'.
Not unless they have baby blue assless chaps.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #183 (permalink)
IronButt

Richard001 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Posers?

Quote:
So I'm curious:

I'm just sayin'.
Thanks for the reply
It's a joke.
I am attempting to make fun of the idea that people who express a strong belief in freedom want to labels their brothers and sisters.
I am as much a poser as anyone.
Work in a corporate office
Carry a briefcase, laptop and iphone all week
Almost never use the bike for a commute
But I do love to ride and take every opportunity to do so.
If there is such a thing as a poser it would be someone who represents themselves as something they are not and even that is really not my concern.

Last edited by Richard001; 01-14-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: typo
Richard001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #184 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard001 View Post
Thanks for the reply
It's a joke.
I am attempting to make fun of the idea that people who express a strong belief in freedom want to labels their brothers and sisters.
I am as much a poser as anyone.
Work in a corporate office
Carry a briefcase, laptop and iphone all week
Almost never use the bike for a commute
But I do love to ride and take every opportunity to do so.
If there is such a thing as a poser it would be someone who represents themselves as something they are not and even that is really not my concern.
I reckon I was doing the same. I probably took your post the wrong way. I thought you were posing as a non-poser.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #185 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club
A poser is someone who sets, tests, or examines questions, or a difficult or perplexing question or problem.

The OP is the poser of the question.
So by definition, the OP is a poser.

A poseur is a person who adopts an affected style or demeanor.

Baby blue assless chaps makes a poseur.
But as long as the poseur is riding, he is adopting a style.

A pozzer is an arrogant asshole who is more interested in appearance than riding.

A biker like the honey badger, don't GAF.

That should just about kill that fcking horse.
That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance

I'm only responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.

I used to think I was overreacting, then I realized it was just a normal reaction to an abnormal amount of bullsh!t.
Ahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #186 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahar View Post
A poser is someone who sets, tests, or examines questions, or a difficult or perplexing question or problem.

The OP is the poser of the question.
So by definition, the OP is a poser.

A poseur is a person who adopts an affected style or demeanor.

Baby blue assless chaps makes a poseur.
But as long as the poseur is riding, he is adopting a style.

A pozzer is an arrogant asshole who is more interested in appearance than riding.

A biker like the honey badger, don't GAF.

That should just about kill that fcking horse.
So, not chaps, but nearly Larkspur.
Is this a poser or a poseur? Is this worth any beers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-30 0083 (2714)xx.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	75821  

Old 01-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #187 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
So, not chaps, but nearly Larkspur.
Is this a poser or a poseur? Is this worth any beers?
Four beers...woulda been 10 if the stockings matched.....

By the way..you do understand how blessed you are....

Last edited by webco2; 01-15-2013 at 07:20 AM.
webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #188 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by webco2 View Post
Four beers...woulda been 10 if the stockings matched.....

By the way..you do understand how blessed you are....

Absolutely!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #189 (permalink)
IronButt

gb1500 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well...I might as well jump on the horshit wagon too!!......im a poster boy...thats a posier boy with panash..no silent t,...with my hairy chest thru the doorway first, i went to biker shcool...ah!..couple times...i cut alot...sht..what the hell did i do with my life?...guess ill go for a putt putt.

Last edited by gb1500; 01-15-2013 at 06:35 PM.
gb1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #190 (permalink)
Sua Sponte

RANGER73 wants to know Dino or Syn?
This was the OP's fifth and last post. It's also 3 years old.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #191 (permalink)
IronButt

TenMidgets wants to know Dino or Syn?
Have to link to my 5/12 thread here......

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-...mplicated.html

I STILL don't have my reentry HD, but I am enjoying the metric Yammy I own and still enjoying the quest and looking at HDs. I have figured out WHY I am looking to buy a Harley and it has less to do with the bike itself and more about the social aspect of belonging to something special. I will at least admit that. I don't care what people say about the bike itself and the "old technology"blah blah" There is still something parapsychological about a HD that transcends the steel, Chinese and Japanese parts. That is the thing people don't "get" and Harley survives on. Lets face it. One has to pony up $16K for a new Yamaha Raider nowadays and they are selling $15,000 metric cruisers in a world where HDs ARE available.

It is not about being a "Biker" I hate that word because it had become an "earned appellation" some people strive for as a badge and the ultimate compliment and is met with more futile discussion than any other word in this small world.

You ride a motorcycle or a bicycle you are a biker. Everything else is made up stuff based on the old days, NC clubs and prospecting. You don't "earn" the title. You decide for yourself what you choose to be and act the part or not and others assign it to you...or not. I have been riding for 35 years and could not care less whether someone think's I am a "biker" or not.

I DO however appreciate the collective brotherhood only Harley owners can lay claim to whether or not the bike is the latest marvel in engineering or not. Whether they ride an 883 with a Casio and duck taped together Ford Truck in their driveway or CVO Bagger with a Rolex and Lexus in their garages. 1%ers are the real outsiders by definition but not the "real bikers" or 99% could not use that badge. There is the line in the sand could be and only 1% of us are truly "bikers"
TenMidgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #192 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenMidgets View Post
Have to link to my 5/12 thread here......

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-...mplicated.html

I STILL don't have my reentry HD, but I am enjoying the metric Yammy I own and still enjoying the quest and looking at HDs. I have figured out WHY I am looking to buy a Harley and it has less to do with the bike itself and more about the social aspect of belonging to something special. I will at least admit that. I don't care what people say about the bike itself and the "old technology"blah blah" There is still something parapsychological about a HD that transcends the steel, Chinese and Japanese parts. That is the thing people don't "get" and Harley survives on. Lets face it. One has to pony up $16K for a new Yamaha Raider nowadays and they are selling $15,000 metric cruisers in a world where HDs ARE available.

It is not about being a "Biker" I hate that word because it had become an "earned appellation" some people strive for as a badge and the ultimate compliment and is met with more futile discussion than any other word in this small world.

You ride a motorcycle or a bicycle you are a biker. Everything else is made up stuff based on the old days, NC clubs and prospecting. You don't "earn" the title. You decide for yourself what you choose to be and act the part or not and others assign it to you...or not. I have been riding for 35 years and could not care less whether someone think's I am a "biker" or not.

I DO however appreciate the collective brotherhood only Harley owners can lay claim to whether or not the bike is the latest marvel in engineering or not. Whether they ride an 883 with a Casio and duck taped together Ford Truck in their driveway or CVO Bagger with a Rolex and Lexus in their garages. 1%ers are the real outsiders by definition but not the "real bikers" or 99% could not use that badge. There is the line in the sand could be and only 1% of us are truly "bikers"
I remember following your thread for a while. I think it is still in my subscribed threads list.

I also remember very vividly having a discussion with a friend about 15 years ago about buying a Harley. I had been riding Kawasakis and Hondas for many years and expressed my desire to buy a Harley someday, to which he replied:

"Why would you want to do that when you can get a much better performing Japanese bike for a lot less money? I think Harleys are just about the style and the sound, I just don't get it."

I answered back: "Exactly, I want one for the style and the sound (and now I know the feel)".

He answered back: "Well, at least you admit it".

I have never been afraid to admit that I just wanted one because I wanted one. Why would I buy a blue button-up shirt when a plain white tee would serve the same purpose? Why paint your walls in your house? Bare minumums and basic functionality don't always cut it. I want what I want because I want it, plain and simple.

I kept my last Honda for about a year and a half after I bought my first Harley (thinking I would still ride it on occasion). It just sat there in the garage because no matter what kind of trip I was making, I always walked out and looked at the 2 side by side and then jumped on the Harley.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #193 (permalink)
IronButt

TenMidgets wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I remember following your thread for a while. I think it is still in my subscribed threads list.

I also remember very vividly having a discussion with a friend about 15 years ago about buying a Harley. I had been riding Kawasakis and Hondas for many years and expressed my desire to buy a Harley someday, to which he replied:

"Why would you want to do that when you can get a much better performing Japanese bike for a lot less money? I think Harleys are just about the style and the sound, I just don't get it."

I answered back: "Exactly, I want one for the style and the sound (and now I know the feel)".

He answered back: "Well, at least you admit it".

I have never been afraid to admit that I just wanted one because I wanted one. Why would I buy a blue button-up shirt when a plain white tee would serve the same purpose? Why paint your walls in your house? Bare minumums and basic functionality don't always cut it. I want what I want because I want it, plain and simple.

I kept my last Honda for about a year and a half after I bought my first Harley (thinking I would still ride it on occasion). It just sat there in the garage because no matter what kind of trip I was making, I always walked out and looked at the 2 side by side and then jumped on the Harley.
I remember your voice of reason and honesty in that thread. (ok and avatar)
I know I would not take my V Star if I had an HD I chose next to it.
If I would have multiple bikes it would be a Vstrom and take it because I knew I was going on a trail ride.

My hesitation is all mental and because its a lot of cash to throw down with my bike. Just to switch badges......
TenMidgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #194 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenMidgets View Post
I remember your voice of reason and honesty in that thread. (ok and avatar)
I know I would not take my V Star if I had an HD I chose next to it.
If I would have multiple bikes it would be a Vstrom and take it because I knew I was going on a trail ride.

My hesitation is all mental and because its a lot of cash to throw down with my bike. Just to switch badges......
I get it. I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. I see nothing wrong with any type of bike. It's all personal choice.

Sometimes choice trumps money, sometimes not.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #195 (permalink)
IronButt

BigPeet is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Post #191 & #192 make the most sense so far. Very honest and simplified posts. Sometimes hard to put into words, but you both nailed it!

~Pete
BigPeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement