Something for posers - Page 10 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum > V-Twin Forum General Harley Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #136 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

sportcruiser wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lots of good humor here.

The OP (and a couple others) are saying that one is a poser unless you are like them.

BTW - When I am out riding, what I see others riding are largely other Harley's, Goldwing's and BMW's. If you don't ride, you are a poser. Otherwise, your personal approach is, well, personal.
sportcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #137 (permalink)
IronButt

fourhour wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
So you're saying you have no definition for your silly assed term?
Quote:
Originally Posted by <G Man> View Post
Poser
1: one who worries too much what other people do with their own shiit and how they dress while they do it.
Back to my "mirror" comment............

We are all posers at some point no matter how you cut it! I find the term, stupid, really. Makes me think the person responsible for it had an issue with someone new to the club. And, one never hears it uttered in the real world, only on the bad-ass internet!
"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" - Fanny Brice, American actress and singer (1891-1951)
fourhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

Blacklinebrett wants to know Dino or Syn?
Only posers call other people poser. Doesn't matter if you like freezing your balls off or not. Just do your thing and like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Blacklinebrett; 01-04-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Blacklinebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #139 (permalink)
Barney Fife - Fake Biker

<G Man> is still riding a stock bike <G Man> is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourhour View Post
Back to my "mirror" comment............

We are all posers at some point no matter how you cut it! I find the term, stupid, really. Makes me think the person responsible for it had an issue with someone new to the club. And, one never hears it uttered in the real world, only on the bad-ass internet!
Got it. I was mis-interpreting your post. My bad.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm an Elite Post Whore! The Evil Clown said so.
<G Man> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #140 (permalink)
IronButt

sire86 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodensworn View Post
And what did you ride before the fatboy?

FYI 13000 in two years aint sh*t
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonslo View Post
Dont worry about what Wodensworn says. He is in the deep south where we ride year round. Big difference than in NJ. Low here today only 32 which is probably the high in NJ. I think im knocking off early and going for a nice ride.
No worries lonslo tks it's all good, you do make a good point about what state were all from def changes riding season. Good news is temps going up tp 38 this weekend picking up my bike from dealership short 30 mile ride. Enjoy your ride today
sire86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #141 (permalink)
IronButt

KEYBEAR wants to know where he is and how he got here
I guess really we are all posers at one time or another then we die
KEYBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #142 (permalink)
Clueless bitter old man

Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club Ahar joined the Live to Ride club
I really tried to stay out of this thread, but WTF, once an asshole .....

Go ahead, call this pozzer a name.

I'm only responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.

I used to think I was overreacting, then I realized it was just a normal reaction to an abnormal amount of bullsh!t.

Last edited by Ahar; 01-04-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Ahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #143 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

wodensworn wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sire86 View Post
Kawasaki 750, FYI ??? Thanks for the heads up on the mileage ill ride a lot more now
Hey, Lonslo has a point man. I do live in the deep south. 13000 in one year is easily possible down here.

Although this morning was a cold ass ride to work 35 deg or so. We can still ride year round. I didn't realize you're in Jersey.

My first was 77 1000cc iron head sporty. I miss it sometimes, but not really.
I ride an EVO Road King now.
wodensworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #144 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahar View Post
I really tried to stay out of this thread, but WTF, once an asshole .....

Go ahead, call this pozzer a name.

Eh Ahar!

Good to see ya back on the list ... now I didnt mention anything about posers but damn ya got a way with words that makes any man laugh....

Cheers ...
And we rolled...... clean out of sight

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #145 (permalink)
IronButt

sire86 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodensworn View Post
Hey, Lonslo has a point man. I do live in the deep south. 13000 in one year is easily possible down here.

Although this morning was a cold ass ride to work 35 deg or so. We can still ride year round. I didn't realize you're in Jersey.

My first was 77 1000cc iron head sporty. I miss it sometimes, but not really.
I ride an EVO Road King now.
No problem wodensworn, 2010&2011 we had snow on the ground for months. If I could ride all year long I'd sell my SUV
sire86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #146 (permalink)
IronButt

ROGER4314 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm glad this thread wasn't locked up. I read all of it and had a blast! Mink.....If I behaved like that my mother would have forced me to sit on the pot. The woman knew when her kid was crabby, he needed to poop. Mink.....go dump!

There has been nothing in my life that brought more joy to me than riding motorcycles! Yup, I got hurt a few dozen times but I never slacked up or quit riding.

I worked in a school in Oklahoma and kept a dirt bike in the building store room. I'd take it out on weekends and go muddin'. The boss found out about it and ordered me to get rid of it. At the end of the year, he always did a walk through and held our paychecks until he was satisfied the place was squared away. He came down and looked all over but ......no bike. I guess he thought I gave up and complied with his order. Where was the bike? In the ladies restroom!

In Tulsa, we had some killer snowstorms so I'd turn my mirrors inward and go carve do-nuts in the snow. I climbed hills, jumped, went muddin', and rode the highways in a lot of the lower 48 states. Rode the chat piles of SE Kansas and Northern Oklahoma, rode trials, moto, wheelies, and in general had a complete blast since I bought my first (Triumph) almost 50 years ago. I got the Triumph when I was 17 and I'm 66 now. Sometime in the next few months, the meter will click over to 50 years!

Am I a posier,/poseur/poser? Hell, I don't know or care and never did. Been called crazy and a damned fool. That works....go with that.

I own a H-D baseball cap but there's not a H-D T shirt anywhere around this place. I put a box on the back of my 1200c Sportster so I can pick up Church's chicken and do errands.

I just love bikes and always have!

Flash

Lovin' the Harley Idle....potato, potato, potato!

Last edited by ROGER4314; 01-05-2013 at 12:47 AM.
ROGER4314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #147 (permalink)
IronButt

BIGBOPPA wants to know Dino or Syn?
Been reading this thread for a while, and its some funny ****!
Back to what the OP had to say, yes there is an element of truth in what he said about todays "boutique bikers". Yes there are some real d**khead posers out there that give all Harley riders a bad name. But at the end of the day, unless you are so insecure that you spend your life worrying about what other people think about you, and have to continuously put others down to make you feel better about your own sad existence, theres no reason you should stress about it.

I probably fit somewhere close to his idea of a real biker, always built my own bikes when I was younger, always owned and ridden a bike, even when we were first married and had a family and I'm 50 now, that's 33yrs continuous riding so far, on nothing but HD's for the last 22yrs of that. I Don't own anything with HD on it, including my bike, it has no badges. I still make a lot of custom one off parts for my bike. I wear whats comfortable usually just jeans and a plain T-shirt. We can ride all year round here. But you know what? WHO REALLY F***IN" CARES!!! I sure as hell dont! I am out there riding what I enjoy and I dont really care what others are riding or what they dress in when they ride it! If they are out there riding and enjoying themselves then thats all that matters. I have never thought of myself as better than any other rider, neither are they better than me, we are what we are.

I think people tend to forget that when you point the finger at someone else, your other 3 fingers are pointing right back at you!
So lets just all chillax and enjoy the ride while you still can.

PLEASE,DO NOT MAKE ME HAVE TO USE MY UNDERTAKERS VOICE!!!

1986 FXRS
80" EVO

Last edited by BIGBOPPA; 01-05-2013 at 02:23 AM.
BIGBOPPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #148 (permalink)
Ghetto Blaster

1bdBagr wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm like a lot of you guys (i'll bet anyway), i pick up shirts when i'm away from home occasionally, i wear them occasionally along with button up shirts (lol). So i'm a poser. My bikes' mileage varies, sometimes its been 12 or 13K sometimes 6. This year (and a half) it was in a million pieces undergoing many changes so maybe i did a couple hundred. New wheels, brakes, forks, swingarm, six-speed, shocks, carb, new fresh chrome & powdercoat along with touched up paint, and every bushing and rubber part from stem to stern. The only thing i didn't touch was the engines' guts, as it rides just fine. So i don't ride a rat bike with a million miles on it, and the bike is almost exactly as I want it, my way, with mostly my own two hands. Only had help with assembling the trans. So if that makes me a poser then who gives a f*ck, i didn't build my bike for anybody else but me.
No matter who you are or where you are in this world, there is always a bigger badass, a bigger dumbass, a guy with a bigger dick than you, a nicer, better, faster bike than yours, a bike with more miles, somebody who rode H-D's longer than you, and a guy thats hit every state twice (or not). So the F what. And there is always some MF'er who thinks he is the badass biker personified and has the right to tell the rest of us how worthy (or un worthy) of riding a Harley-Davidson we are. I'm a fan, i wear HD shirts and i try not to wear the riding costume, but that's just my preference. So i'm a poser, and a motorcycle enthusiast. Nothing more.
Tim

2000 Road King on Mulholland approaching the Rock Store. BEFORE and After...approaching completion.
1bdBagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #149 (permalink)
Premium Member

RK05 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'm going to try and beat my mileage record from last year and see if I can get up to 80 miles total for the year. I rode a total of 60 last year and that was between two bikes!

I like having my bikes pose in the garage...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #150 (permalink)
BigMo

Mohead1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstoride View Post
Damn it! I'm not a real biker? After I spent all that money on Harley tee shirts? Man, my ol' lady is gonna be pissed. She thought she married a REAL BIKER. What if I sew a real big Harley patch on the back of my jacket. Will that do it?
Oh lord.................killin me..............ima gonna hafta take all my Harley stuff back...............and I bought TWO Harleys, man my old lady is gonna leave when she finds out Im not a REAL biker either....
Advertisement