EVO Hop Up : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2004, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

goathawg wants to know Dino or Syn?
EVO Hop Up

Got so much good info on TC question, thought I ask you about my EVO. New here and really appreciate all the good info and the time ya'll are willing to give others.

Have a 1995 FXDWG that's too nice to sell for what the market will bring. So I thought maybe I'd hot rod it a little bit. Scooter is currently set up as follows:

Stock 80" jugs and heads
EV 27 cam
SE Street legal ignition
Thunderslide
Cycle Shack Slip-ons

Have been talking to local Indy shop about KB 9.5 or 10.5:1 Pistons to give it more torque. Is this the best route or would head work be a better alternative. Will EV27 work with higher compression? Anything else I would need to do? Have never had bike dynoed, but it runs pretty strong now.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Goathawg
goathawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2004, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this? HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by goathawg
Got so much good info on TC question, thought I ask you about my EVO. New here and really appreciate all the good info and the time ya'll are willing to give others.

Have a 1995 FXDWG that's too nice to sell for what the market will bring. So I thought maybe I'd hot rod it a little bit. Scooter is currently set up as follows:

Stock 80" jugs and heads
EV 27 cam
SE Street legal ignition
Thunderslide
Cycle Shack Slip-ons

Have been talking to local Indy shop about KB 9.5 or 10.5:1 Pistons to give it more torque. Is this the best route or would head work be a better alternative. Will EV27 work with higher compression? Anything else I would need to do? Have never had bike dynoed, but it runs pretty strong now.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Goathawg
With what you have now I'd say your pushing 68 hp....add the compression and it will put you up to 71 to 72 hp. Head work will yeild you another 12 to 14 hp and lots of torque. You might go with a little bigger cam if you get the heads done. I have a reciepe for a 105hp 103tq 80'' EVO but its spendy.
HDMD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

fury1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
rough guess at how spendy?and is reliability compromised with all that power
fury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this? HDMD88 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1
rough guess at how spendy?and is reliability compromised with all that power
Around $6000.00 starting from stock and thats labor, pipes, head work, ign, pistons, cam, roller rockers, Woods Carb work, etc. and dyno tune.
You will loose 35% of your longevity....so if the evo engine is good for 200,000 miles you will get 130,000 miles from this build.
HDMD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

fury1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
speed costs and there is no way around that for sure,still sounds like a great deal with everything included,wish I had spotted this website before I started buying up bits and pieces,either make the best with what I got,or start over
fury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement