V-Twin Forum banner

Various questions about 96B performance

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sarah93003 
#1 ·
Please forgive me if these questions have been previously answered. This area of the forum is so massive I don't have weeks to read it all. I am not mechanically inclined, so I'm looking for more of a package arrangement I could ask for and a mechanic would then do.

I have a 2008 Rocker C. From my research it has a 96B motor. I think it has a Stage I, but I don't know how to tell if it has more.

I will take a goal approach and perhaps ya'll can help from that perspective. I've ridden a 1997 VMax, several VRod Muscles, and owned a 1984 V65 Magna. All fast muscle bikes. Is it possible for my Rocker to have that level of performane, say 11.0 in the quarter mile?

From reading in these forums it seems obvious that horsepower is expensive. Is it better to go with a blower, nitrous, Stage kits, a different motor? Do you do the Stage kits in sequence, or does a Stage 4 encompass stages 1 through 3? How many Stages are there? Am I simply barking up the wrong tree? Should I just buy a muscle bike for drag racing and leave my Rocker as is?

Thanks in advance for indulging me. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
IMO if you are looking for that much performance i would just buy a 126 from S&S, or even better their new 143" motor that slip right in place of the stock motor you have. big money but even bigger power. any more questions just ask. dsv

#4 ·
Getting to 12 flat or high 11's would be great to start with. Is that achievable with my current engine?

I went to the S&S site and the T143, although very powerful, sounds like it may not be reliable as a daily driver. It seems like it's pretty much meant for the drag strip. Although I'd love to have a bike dedicated solely for the strip it is not currently in my budget. The Procharger supercharger is supposed to add 50 hp. Perhaps that's where I should start. I don't know how a bike reacts to nitrous. I'm more familiar with cars that ran nitrous, although I've never driven one. My dad, brother, and I used to go to the Milan dragway a lot when I was in my 20's and 30's but we raced cars. They were street cars that we put cheater slicks on and had a blast.

I have not yet raced a bike at a drag strip and I would love to get into that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.