V-Twin Forum banner

TC 88 how big?

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  lotjam57 
#1 ·
I have an 04 deuce and want more power. Should I look for another motor or just build bigger ? If building how big can I go with stock cases ? I miss my v rod power and know this wont get there with any reliability but I should be able to come close, or can I ? TIA

#3 ·
you can go as big as you like, as long as there is enough money to get what you want.
To convert to a 117 or 124 you'll need new flywheels, big bore cyl/piston kit, a good set of cams and good head work. There are other parts you'll need but this will give you a good start on making a good big motor that has plenty of power and longevity on it's side. anymore question check out my web site listed in my signature. dsv

#11 ·
Being that you have the last year T/C with the good factory crank, why not keep it and just add the S&S 98" kit with cams and head work. It would put you right at that 100 pounds of TQ and be a very reliable motor. Any of the newer MOCO engines will need the wheels welded and balanced and add cost to your project. The S&S Kit has very thick and strong iron inserts which are much stronger than the stock ones that are bored out. They will run cooler and have a longer life span and you have no worries about your crank blow the cases apart. Later Fairshake

#12 ·
That kit with cams is over 3k . I can get a complete motor for 6 k ( I think ) . The problem being the Deuce has a frame part mounted to the tranny case ? Not sure really if there are after market motors for it or not. There is a 2013 103 complete motor here cheap but I'm not sure if it will fit or not. Thx, B

#15 ·
I don't know where you buy your parts but the S&S Big Bore 98 ( cylinders & Pistons &gaskets) may be had for $675, cams $325. Head work $500. That is on the short side of 3K by a long way. Best to you and what you end up with, Fairshake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.