Really need some help CVO 110" : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

zer0t wants to know Dino or Syn?
Really need some help CVO 110"

I have an 08 FXDSE2 and I really love the bike except for the 110" engine. It's good for a stocker but it ain't knockin' my socks off with respect to performance. I'm getting nervous as it's Jan 1 and I ride year round but if you have to take some time off this would be it.

Here's my dilemma, my budget ain't allowing for me to do it right. I have nearly 8k to spend (I'm selling/sold some of my favorite black rifles to get that dough together and would like to keep a couple for myself), but it doesn't seem there's much I can do with that. I know you can't really add displacement because of the cases and I don't have the dough to do the engine correctly and add a blower or turbo. Maybe I could do that in stages?

I look a bike with gobs of off idle torque that will pull real hard. While I drive reasonably fast that's not the issue the bike will get there, but I really want neck snapping stop-light to stop-light torque.

I thought about crate motors but if I got a 120r it's another CVO motor with crap crank work. I know you gotta pay to play with HDs but this CVO motor is killing me. I'd hate to sell the bike because I really like it.

Hopefully I haven't said anything too stupid here.

thanks.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

HDWRENCH wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dont sell the black guns OUCH!!! Love my Noveske Project Ares .. But back to your bike.

With some rather simple mods the 110 can be a very nice performing engine and in the lighter bike would run very well.. It may not be the dream machine you wnat but sure would make it much more fun to ride.

Maybe it gets you by until you end up with the money to add the blower or turbo.. not that either are off the line tq monsters but I understand where you are coming from..
HDWRENCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

rob71458 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I took my SE110, tore it down, sold the crank, bought a 4 5/8 crank, had the stock cases bored, and I now have a 124. That should be big enough for you, and within your budget. Or you can pull the engine, put it up on a shelf, and buy a new 120R.
07' FLHRSE3 124", Paul Matyka ported SE110 heads, S&S pistons/cylinders,11.5 cr, 58/62 HPI TB, 640G's, Bandit clutch, Baker DD7, IDS, 2.79 gearing, Stock Compensator, D@D Borzilla QB, K&P oil filter, Jagg ten row oil cooler, Big Sky oil cooler fans, Lenale fan, Redline oils, TWR stabilizer, Glide Pro mount. Big Boyz Tune.

Last edited by rob71458; 01-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.
rob71458 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

I thought the cases couldn't be bored, at least not much due to the o-rings and stud position?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

rob71458 wants to know Dino or Syn?
You could actually go as big as a 131, but that is when it gets risky.
07' FLHRSE3 124", Paul Matyka ported SE110 heads, S&S pistons/cylinders,11.5 cr, 58/62 HPI TB, 640G's, Bandit clutch, Baker DD7, IDS, 2.79 gearing, Stock Compensator, D@D Borzilla QB, K&P oil filter, Jagg ten row oil cooler, Big Sky oil cooler fans, Lenale fan, Redline oils, TWR stabilizer, Glide Pro mount. Big Boyz Tune.
rob71458 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

KingofCubes wants to know Dino or Syn?
No problems with taking this engine to 124"and having parts to sell to recuperate some gun money within that budget. Even at 117" with the existing crank would be a great option.

515-266-6381

www.kingofcubes.com

KingofCubes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

107inhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wanted to keep my bike looking stock as much as possible. With that being said I put in new 10.5:1 pistons and rings, head work, cams and bearings, lifters, push rods, exhaust, new muffler cores, 58HPI TB, crank was welded with timken lefty set up, and tuned. around five grand. Not sure on the dyno numbers yet but baseline run 122 TQ and 129HP at least that's what i was told have not seen any thing yet. I should have the dyno sheet by Friday.

Last edited by 107inhog; 01-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.
107inhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107inhog View Post
I wanted to keep my bike looking stock as much as possible. With that being said I put in new 10.5:1 pistons and rings, head work, cams and bearings, lifters, push rods, exhaust, new muffler cores, 58HPI TB, crank was welded with timken lefty set up, and tuned. around five grand. Not sure on the dyno numbers yet but baseline run 122 TQ and 129HP at least that's what i was told have not seen any thing yet. I should have the dyno sheet by Friday.
Wow, that's great. I'd pay that for those numbers and it would leave some of my rifle collection for me.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
Wow, that's great. I'd pay that for those numbers and it would leave some of my rifle collection for me.
You know you heard my bike right? You commented on the video.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Yes, I liked it, what pipes are those? I run a fat cat which I really love.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Yes, I liked it, what pipes are those? I run a fat cat which I really love.
Fulsac header pipe and 2.25 SD cores. That was the only option to keep the stock look and i believe they turned out to be good performers also. You have two options 2.25 or 2.25SD the SD's are louder than the 2.25. When i spoke to fulsac they said if you expect 100+ Hp run the 2.25 if not run the 2.0 or 1.75 cores. The core replacement was so easy. I just ground the spot welds off took a pick handle and punched the stock cores out. Then drilled a hole i think was 1 1/4" back on the bottom slid in the new cores and bolted them in. The cores replacements come with directions.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

I've heard lots of positive comments on the fulsac pipes. Really great sound and it's motivating me to get my bike hot rodded out.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I've heard lots of positive comments on the fulsac pipes. Really great sound and it's motivating me to get my bike hot rodded out.
I was not so sure on the SD cores but they do have a nice sound. I don't think my wife will ride behind me after she hears this. But then agian she may not have a choise LOL. P.S. Getter done.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

S&S Cycle wants to know Dino or Syn?
We have several options for you. We have complete 124" engines that will bolt in, or a hot setup 124" kit. Bore your cases.

You could run a set of 585 cams and high compression piston and be in the 110 SAE HP range for not much cash. PM us here and I can send you some dyno charts of the 110's hopped up.
866-244-2673
S&S Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Premium Member

Those 124's are super bad ass and well priced. The only problem with having an SE bike is that natural finish and from what I can tell the 124s only come in black powder coat. Really, really great numbers I've seen on the website.

engine build in progress:
Aerocharger 8 lbs boost
Baisley heads
SE 9.5:1 pistons
Drago 575 Blower Cam
S&S roller rockers
S&S lifters
HPI 55 mm TBI 5.3 injectors
Carillo rods
bearing conversion
Thundermax ECU
Scorpion clutch
Super secret crank work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.