Delkron 120" 2x4 Crate Engine - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Jbco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
I like being different, and this motor is that, but @$8200.00 for that hp/tq, the 120R is definately bang for your buck.
Sounds mean! you can hear the motor if you listen carefully behind the clutch-belt chatter...
I think this motor has lots of potential above the claimed hp/tq mentioned, of course this would require massaging and attention to detail much like the 120r does when they get "worked".
I have seen these motors with the 4 cams in drag-bikes producing very respectable numbers.
A motor like this sent to Randy or one of the other tuners (Hillside comes to mind) would be impressive I am sure. Not to mention it should have quick rev characteristics like a sportser.

Joe
Jbco2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

torqueinc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Why would it have quicker rev characteristics like a sportster ?
torqueinc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this? FXDRYDR is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Read it somewhere?

Torq Monster Motorworks
FXDRYDR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Gearhead

2wheelrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well...I like the fact that the push rods,lifters and rockers are all lined up. talk about corrected geometry. This motor has it. looks like a BIG sporster motor. Wonder if 7200 rpm would be possible.
2wheelrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
[QUOTE=stuntboy88;2205905]I thought the 120r was like 10 grand and it doesn't put out really any better numbers. Maybe a little more horsepower but most of them aren't out of the box 120r's. they are 120r's that have been tweaked and massaged to get about 135hp

The 120R for rubber mounts is $5695.00, add $450.00 for the 62mm throttle body and your about 6 grand.

I agree with 2wheelrider, about the valve train lining up.
BTW Delkron had 4 cam engine cases available more than a few years ago. Didn't catch on with street riders.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
FNG :)

stuntboy88 wants to know Dino or Syn?
[quote=compressor#v;2206141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntboy88 View Post
I thought the 120r was like 10 grand and it doesn't put out really any better numbers. Maybe a little more horsepower but most of them aren't out of the box 120r's. they are 120r's that have been tweaked and massaged to get about 135hp

The 120R for rubber mounts is $5695.00, add $450.00 for the 62mm throttle body and your about 6 grand.

I agree with 2wheelrider, about the valve train lining up.
BTW Delkron had 4 cam engine cases available more than a few years ago. Didn't catch on with street riders.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how much they were. I heard 10 grand somewhere lol. 6 grand is good bang for the buck. But I would go with the Delkron cause I don't want to have the same thing as everyone else. I think it has a better design to make more power ultimately and 142lbs of torque is real nice I like all the big motors with big power tho. What's not to like??

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
stuntboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gearhead

2wheelrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
I think just the price is the only thing that puts me off. I bought a S&S SA126 with B2 heads and paid 8000 cash to my door. A much better motor IMO. But if you want to be the only guy on the block to own one...then you would defiantly be that. I would check to find out what parts will work with what. parts might be hard to find or expensive for that motor. I herd some were that there was a problem with delkron cylinders some were along the line. I was going to use them in a 117 I was building and was told to use zippers cylinders instead. I forget who told me that. If you get one post the dyno#s
2wheelrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelrider View Post
I think just the price is the only thing that puts me off. I bought a S&S SA126 with B2 heads and paid 8000 cash to my door. A much better motor IMO. But if you want to be the only guy on the block to own one...then you would defiantly be that. I would check to find out what parts will work with what. parts might be hard to find or expensive for that motor. I herd some were that there was a problem with delkron cylinders some were along the line. I was going to use them in a 117 I was building and was told to use zippers cylinders instead. I forget who told me that. If you get one post the dyno#s
Probably won't be getting one until my twin cam in my fxdx blows up. Lol. So, it might be awhile. Haha. But, if and when I get one. I will def post numbers and quarter mile times.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
I'd be interested how it vents, via heads, via crankcase, or both?
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compressor#v View Post
I'd be interested how it vents, via heads, via crankcase, or both?
I'm not to sure about that. Wish there was more info on it and more people running it.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

RTMike wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wonder if this is a newer version of the billett cases we used in the 90's for racing,a lot were used by nitro racers until the overkill and prp engines came along.
RTMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.