is putting a big bore kit on tc 88 worth it? - Page 3 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

sonnysgs1100 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley02 View Post
hpw much tor the cams
its your first post and your trying to buy cams out from under me lol just kidding welcome aboard
sonnysgs1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysgs1100 View Post
ok i have been to hospital today for stitches above my eye and concusion so maybe its me but i dont know if you think i need a mikuni or not ?
Quote:
my dyna really does not see low rpm , low rpms for me is 3000rpms
Quote:
lol just trying to build this right the first time , i have a 96ci evo i dont ride because it does not make the power at high rpm i want . evo power drops bad above 5000rpm
Honestly? I think you're on the wrong bike. What you need is a V-Rod if you're lookin' for a Harley that winds out.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
IronButt

coastie56 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Do the big bore and heads and you'll be happy every time you ride. Pistons and boring is dirt cheap when you have the heads off anyway. The big bores 10 to 12 ftrlbs of torque is very noticable in the mid range where you ride most of the time. I have a friend who could stay with me in a drag race because he used a higher lift cam in his EG Standard without the big bore but in normal riding any thing short of WFO I just walk away from him. Dude unless your doing drugs I doupt you ride harder than my buddy. Guy owns his own bar and is constantly putting his tire against the rear wall trying to push the building down!
coastie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
FNG :)

Snoopy Doug wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
No compression releases but if I did it over, I'd have them. It hasn't been a problem but I'm sure it would make it easier on the starter and such. I have the original starter, just upgraded the cables. Close to 60,000 miles on the bike, 45,000 on the build. Stock replacement type battery does fine.
I have the S&S EZ start cams in my 126" RK and they realy are amazing new technology. There wasn't enough room for electric releases in my stock Road King frame They are less expensive if you have to buy or upgrade your battery,starter,&cables.

Last edited by Snoopy Doug; 11-28-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Snoopy Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #35 (permalink)
Professional DIY'er

Dyna Ryda is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Yes it's worth it. Go with 98" and 585 cams, head work, 1.9 intake and u will be in the 110 hp range. It will be like a completely different bike. The 585 cams like 195-200 ccp in a small motor.
Dyna Ryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

sonnysgs1100 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna Ryda View Post
Yes it's worth it. Go with 98" and 585 cams, head work, 1.9 intake and u will be in the 110 hp range. It will be like a completely different bike. The 585 cams like 195-200 ccp in a small motor.
i think im going to go 95 ci and 190 to 195 ccp , 585 cams and headwork
sonnysgs1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement