Anyone used the SE263E cam? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

CowboyTutt wants to know Dino or Syn?
Anyone used the SE263E cam?

I'm considering using this cam in my 103 at 11-1 static and around 9.4 corrected. My head builder has had good results using my same type heads/TB/exhaust on another build (a 107). Anyone have some experience with this cam? Thanks for any feed back.

-Tutt
CowboyTutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

nw_guy4_fun wants to know Dino or Syn?
Who knows
That cam gets little to no air play.
I know of only one build and it was not earth shattering.

All of that said they are his heads and he is the one you have entrusted with the build so listen to him. Same would go for the other relevant items as well including the TB size, pipe etc and compression.

Mix and match and roll the dice
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Brett Rahn wants to know Dino or Syn?
263 se cam

I have the 103 stage 4 kit that came with the SE260 cam, Not the new kit with smaller valve head and SE259 cam!
I hated that 260 cam, the off idle stumble and no low end was just pissing me off, Dealer installed and tuned the SE263 cam, I love it No off idle stumble and pulls from like 1700 to 6200, the 260 cam was dead till like 2200 to 2500.
The 263 has more lift but less overlap, bike runs better than ever, and power on dyno came in earlier and was better the whole way through, not a ton but better curves and smoother pull, love to ride it, does nice rolling burn outs on my 09 SG Brett
Brett Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

CowboyTutt wants to know Dino or Syn?
Don, Earl and I are working together on this. The reason I'm going with the 263E cam is it worked very well for a build in NV with much of the same components. The only change will be modifying my SE50mm TB to flow better. BTW, preliminary decision is that Earl will be cutting the Singh Grooves for me. He could see what they are trying to do from the pictures. Hopefully your description on how to cut them will be enough.

Brett, thanks for the description of your experiences with cams. Between the intake mods I'm doing and modest cam selection of the 263E cam I'm hoping for a very tractable and responsive engine in the low to mid-range with a very linear power curve that just keeps on pulling on top. I don't know what pipe your using but my Pro Pipe HO is very "top end friendly" and I think will be compatable with this cam.

The SE 263E looks very similar to some of the current Fueling Reaper cams although I do not know the overlap for the latter.

Thanks for both your insights! It is very much appreciated.

Regards,

-Tutt
CowboyTutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Brett Rahn wants to know Dino or Syn?
Se263

I am running the 50MM TB and Vance and hines power dual head pipe with there High output dual mufflers, Brett
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0994.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	75064   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0997.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	75065  
Brett Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links