Wow is all I can say 206hp NA - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

cernunos wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_guy4_fun View Post
Dewey used to use them on the all bore 107" when Grock was involved and it worked well but that said today I would pass. Difficult to integrate with the Delphi plus the TB is too small, our motors grew up and an IR setup needs a much more throttle area to equal the airflow of a shared runner setup. IME I found on the motors I built they needed 1:1 or higher TB size in mm per cu/in. I used up to 1.6 but that was a 8000 rpm motor (2 liter Ford SOHC Dual Weber 48DCOE)

Those guys at Star Racing did two front heads for a reason, real estate plus the ability to package better and not interfere with the rider in a street situation. Plus this configuration gives the ability to wave pulse tune by changing manifold lengths. What I don't understand why they didn't go rearward, air likes a straight path ya know, similar to the XR750 configuration.
Halloo. And I wonder if anybody makes a head in a similar configuration for the EVO/TC. Run exhaust out the port-side of the motor. Still, looks stout, even though it still runs up so high, torque looks to be around 70 at about 3 to 3 and a half...wonder what the vibration is like in that region?

C.......
cernunos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
FNG :)

cboggs wants to know Dino or Syn?
cool

That's a serious build by George and his gang, ..

there's a test run video on youtube I think, ..

Curtis
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
FNG

78738 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
That's a serious build by George and his gang, ..

there's a test run video on youtube I think, ..

Curtis
The CBoggs, on vtwinforum? Welcome!!!!!!
78738 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

mike jesse wants to know Dino or Syn?
Welcome Curtis!!
Maybe share some insight into our V-Twin world.
mike jesse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Ya would have to run a ecm even carbed to map timing. Anyone know about what they used?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
FNG

I was told that the s&s efi unit handles IR setups quite well, but have no first hand knowledge. The Star team might part with that information though. good to see you back.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Gearhead

2wheelrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Seeing how the rear head has a reversed push rod configuration I wounder how they set
up the rear push rods to open the correct valve. It would seem that just crossing the push rods would create side loading on the lifter and throw the geometry completely off. It would seem the best way (and most expensive) would be to just have a cam made for the rear (front) head. Wonder how they did it?
2wheelrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

nw_guy4_fun wants to know Dino or Syn?
A custom cam with moved lobes? Swapped the positions on the cam?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
FNG

For those that don't already know, Mr. Curtis Boggs, is a legend in the high performance industry. His accolades are great and numbered. He has been instrumental in the success of many programs and continues to do so. The man, simply put, has forgotten more than most will ever know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.