S&S 124 for 2007 & UP Twincams - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Axe Man

BVBOB wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper49 View Post
Pics of Thumper 1 with the 120RX and T-2 waiting for the S&S 124 Engine left Star Yesterday shipped here...
Nice bikes, who does the paint work and what is that little guy on the fairing?
553 bd cams
Power duals with re-core cvo
Welded crank

1982 FXRS
new paint
new tires
new brakes
new clutch
Soon to be back on the road

Being honest may not make you a lot of friends but it will always make you the right ones.
BVBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #47 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Mother wants to know Dino or Syn?
wolf in sheep's clothing is my guess!

Hyperformance 124ci. 11.5cr CP pistons Triple XXX S&S'G' Green filter
Wood lifters & rocker supports
R&R bottom end DT oil pump. S&S 640G cams
Torque Inc. 110 heads
DaytonaTwinTec ignition
Baker KKK/4+1 pan
RB Racing 2" 2into1Blackhole
Smith Bros. pushrods
Antigravity
HUGE amount of help from Torque Inc.
153hp 149tq
Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

chriscalabro wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am trying to determine what is a fair price for a 124 S&S setup (SE cases) R&R stage V heads. I had R&R build it two seasons ago and I am moving to a 131 Billet this winter. Any idea's? I will attest to the fact that these are solid builds, has been hassle free. Only changed lifters every season.

R&R 131 Build

R&R Stage V billett Heads
S&S 640 Cams
R&R Billet 131 Jugs
Bassani Road Rage
HPI TB 62 MM
Baker DD7
Baker +1
SE Performance Comp
(1) Jagg Oil coolers
Michelin E3 Rubber
Rivera Pro Clutch Hydraulic
chriscalabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #49 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Thumper49 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBOB View Post
Nice bikes, who does the paint work and what is that little guy on the fairing?
Thanks for the nice words on the bikes there painted and Grafed by Psycho Customs in Kawklin Michigan, the little guy on the fairing is Thumper the rabbitt from Disney but with a bit of a additude, lol..

Thumper always pumped his foot when he got excited hence the name Jared just made him a adult version, and the 120RX in T1 has held its own this summer got spanked by a S&S 132 out of Star and maybe that is what led me to build T2
Thumper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #50 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Yesterday was a great day the 124 showed up at the shop on a Frieght truck from Star Racing this engine is how you will get it if you order with B2 heads minus injectors , Derek supplied the Tuner and Cables for it along with a software down load as talking to him this is 3 of 3 to come out of S&S since the launch , I also got a call from George Smith at S&S and will report the engines data to both him and Star this complete set up as seen to include the Bzilla with the custom work done by Toby at Star Racing made the final ticket 12,995.50 . To be fair i had some extra work done on this i wish not to disclose which took the cost up so figure 10,500 if you were buying without.

Someone had asked about the upper strut mount bosses on the B2 heads for the later Touring bikes you can see there machines into the heads.

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	396709_3625388646938_1911162970_n.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	74724   Click image for larger version

Name:	417108_3625389086949_1751435584_n.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	74725   Click image for larger version

Name:	1980-01-01 00.01.02.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	74726  
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
What does the tuning software Consist of thumper ?
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

HighLiner wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Thanks for the nice words on the bikes there painted and Grafed by Psycho Customs in Kawklin Michigan, the little guy on the fairing is Thumper the rabbitt from Disney but with a bit of a additude, lol..

Thumper always pumped his foot when he got excited hence the name Jared just made him a adult version, and the 120RX in T1 has held its own this summer got spanked by a S&S 132 out of Star and maybe that is what led me to build T2

Jared does awesome work! He painted the wife's Heritage.
HighLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #53 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerjlk View Post
What does the tuning software Consist of thumper ?
Master Tune and Cable kit and Derek burned off a CD of the bike they are running down in GA for a customer which has been nice since theres only 3 out there so far i have a good base map to start with or run with, my gearing is diff than the bike there doing and iam using a Baker Trans , have known Bert and the boys for awhile and they want to see this bike run to its op so a little help from Hasslet Mi never hurts..
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #54 (permalink)
IronButt

Ziggy57 wants to know Dino or Syn?
That's a great looking motor!! Nice clean shop too!! Congrats
Ziggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #55 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Master Tune and Cable kit and Derek burned off a CD of the bike they are running down in GA for a customer which has been nice since theres only 3 out there so far i have a good base map to start with or run with, my gearing is diff than the bike there doing and iam using a Baker Trans , have known Bert and the boys for awhile and they want to see this bike run to its op so a little help from Hasslet Mi never hurts..
That will get er done.

I wouldn't "run with it" maybe run it for 30- 40 sec to get some wood.
But get her go your tuner quick. The bigger they are,the more you see maps from other exact builds being off.
You know the drill...
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #56 (permalink)
IronButt

INDEPENDENT 1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
That is making my mouth water! I just received the 66mm throttle hog yesterday and now waiting on the T124. I did not get the B2 heads, not yet anyway. I did have the crank welded because I intend to put NOS to it. That air cleaner looks like it could be on the small side? Am I reading that you are tuning with a TTS? What injectors and pipe? It would be great to get a good map for break in!
INDEPENDENT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDEPENDENT 1 View Post
That is making my mouth water! I just received the 66mm throttle hog yesterday and now waiting on the T124. I did not get the B2 heads, not yet anyway. I did have the crank welded because I intend to put NOS to it. That air cleaner looks like it could be on the small side? Am I reading that you are tuning with a TTS? What injectors and pipe? It would be great to get a good map for break in!
Injectors are from Star and will be here this week, they had one on the shelf and ordered the other, The Pipe is a BZilla that was modded by Toby at Star, with the B2 flanges and collectors and a insert that is a clone to a Gupie , like i told Stroker in this thread the Stitch pipe that Star likes to use made about 2-3hp more than mine just personal taste i like the Chrome finish and not the Black with all the Stitch welds showing not crazy about having the Star Racing Decal on the pipe either as i would rather this stays a Sleeper.

Fred
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #58 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Tight fit but its in had a template from Star to make sure the frame clearance was gonna be ok, The rear Box is close but clears , B2 Bzilla exhust done at Star fit perfect. Primary side to put together and a couple of injectors to get here and it can be test fired ...

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	535476_3655806527366_1674491795_n.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	74845  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #59 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

aubeagle wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumper, Very nice!!! Whats not to like when you got a New Big Motor. TOoo Cool. Its got fun written all over it (S&S) Are you going to post some numbers when your done? Be safe fast..
Ported MVA's
Crane 296-2
Woods lifters
SE Roller Rockers
HPI 55 tb
Marren 5.3
Injectors
VH Propipe
T/max
aubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #60 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubeagle View Post
Thumper, Very nice!!! Whats not to like when you got a New Big Motor. TOoo Cool. Its got fun written all over it (S&S) Are you going to post some numbers when your done? Be safe fast..
Thanks and it should be fun, Star has already dyno'd a bike with this same set up and Viola Wi "S&S" has as well consistant 170 RWHP , Not to shabby for the 4 cubes and SAB2 heads about 20 more horse than the 120RX i have in another RG .

Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement