Screamin Eagle Oil Pump : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Twin-Cam Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

panheadsteve49 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Screamin Eagle Oil Pump

I have an 07-up cam plate as well as the S/E oil pump. They will obviously bolt together, but my question is has anyone run this setup to check oil pressures, wet sumping issues etc? One tech had told me that the oil passages were larger on the S/E billet cam plate and I may have issues with combination I'm trying to use. I checked Fuelings Super Pump installation manual, and they make no notes of modifying the stock cam plate other than increasing the length of, or shimming the pressure spring.
panheadsteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

webco2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by panheadsteve49 View Post
I have an 07-up cam plate as well as the S/E oil pump. They will obviously bolt together, but my question is has anyone run this setup to check oil pressures, wet sumping issues etc? One tech had told me that the oil passages were larger on the S/E billet cam plate and I may have issues with combination I'm trying to use. I checked Fuelings Super Pump installation manual, and they make no notes of modifying the stock cam plate other than increasing the length of, or shimming the pressure spring.
I don't see a real problem with it. If suction side is smaller, it'll just not pickup as much oil. If discharge side is smaller, it'll just have more oil pressure . Either way, it'll be an improvement over stock pump.

webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
djl
IronButt

djl wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Assume you have the OEM plate, not the SE billet plate? No issues with that plate and the SE oil pump. The size of the oil passages makes on difference; the pump will fill them up. I would not modify or shim the pressure spring with the SE pump; not necessary.
djl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bulldogrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
I recently did the tensioner u/g conversion using a stock 07 plate with SE oil pump #62400001. Oil pressure on HD dino oil is reading low to mid 20's idle ~200 deg. Drops to 15 @ 230-250 deg. Mid to high 30's @3000 rpm. Checked for sumping and had normal 5oz in crankcase. This is on an 88 stock engine with Andrews 26 cam with 9k miles. I made sure that the oil pump was aligned using the alignment pins.
Bulldogrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

panheadsteve49 wants to know Dino or Syn?
S/E oil pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogrider View Post
I recently did the tensioner u/g conversion using a stock 07 plate with SE oil pump #62400001. Oil pressure on HD dino oil is reading low to mid 20's idle ~200 deg. Drops to 15 @ 230-250 deg. Mid to high 30's @3000 rpm. Checked for sumping and had normal 5oz in crankcase. This is on an 88 stock engine with Andrews 26 cam with 9k miles. I made sure that the oil pump was aligned using the alignment pins.
Was those numbers using the stock pressure spring and stock lifters?
panheadsteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Still the Same!

wurk_truk wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogrider View Post

I cannot say why, but I get low 30s/ high 20s at HOT idle. Runs down the road anywhere from low 40s to high 50s depending on temp.

This is in my 120r (2012), but it IS that same pump.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Bulldogrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Was those numbers using the stock pressure spring and stock lifters?
Stock pressure spring that came installed in 07 plate with Gaterman 1023 lifters.
Bulldogrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement